Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru

Seems overdue! Going from online estimates (which may be inaccurate tbf) they have 6 times less employees than zwift despite trying to run a simulator and turbo. Maybe not good news if you've ordered their smart bike tho? Does that mean no firmware updates ever?

Edit; read it properly, seems they've sold the hardware to a third party

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’m not sure what I’m doing this month...

It might be a bit soul destroying being so low on energy but I’m finding hard to turn down a race. I might make a last minute decision.

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
I asked them for a free month of premium to try out their changes since I last used it (Feb 2017), they said no. I guess I could sign up for a free trial under a new email address but don't know if that gives me premium or basic?

Hard to understand their thinking here, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain by giving previous members a free trial. Saying No gains them nothing at all. :headshake:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Same here. Can't do tonight. Was supposed to be on a course the past 2 days, but wife had a bad night last night so we had to cut it short and rush back home for some medical help. Shattered now due to lack of sleep and general stress so will be calling it an early night tonight. Will aim to catch up later this week - good luck everyone 👍

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
There's a hare and hounds tomorrow evening, 17:30 UK time, if anyone fancies it? Might jump into B cat to see how long I can hold on until they shed me like a pea :laugh: It's on Greater London Flat so I'll be lucky to hold on up Northumberland Ave :surrender:

BurningLegs

Veteran
Good luck everyone :okay:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Photo Winner
Well done @IrishAl on a well deserved win - great to have you involved in the league and pushing me, Lee and Tommy even harder than usual! I'm hoping stage 4 is a sign of things to come but I'm not too confident...!

And well done to everyone who took part, particularly if you managed to do all the stages - lots of close individual battles throughout the league

thanks Paul and @peterob for all of the organising. The events last month really pushed me and helped bring back my Zwift fitness. I can’t make tonight either but I’ll be keeping a close eye on proceedings. I should make the live event on Thursday.

I did my first ever ramp test last night on what I had planned to be a rest day. I had only ever done the 20min test. Boy did the power kick in fast from what was an easy lead in to going full throttle or gas as the pros would say. My best 1 min average was just over 440w which Zwift calculates my ftp to be 334 which is surprisingly close to my previous 20min test result of 331. I would find it hard to go back and do a20 minute test again :smile:.

bridgy

Legendary Member
did ok tonite
Good to see you racing tonight @AAAC 76C - still beating me so some things don't change :rolleyes:

And @peterob where did that come from?! Although to be fair you were very canny when it came to saving your energy in the draft at the start :okay:

35.22 for me which I am pretty happy with for now considering how I felt tonight (very tired!) but I may change my mind when Al and Lee have a Go! Segment is "Greater London 8 (Zwift insider verified)"

peterob

Veteran
And @peterob where did that come from?! Although to be fair you were very canny when it came to saving your energy in the draft at the start :okay:

Ha ha - I just wanted to get to watch the mighty Reds in the champions league :laugh:

I make no apologies for wheel-sucking tonight! That was my plan - try to get dragged along to the climb and then go at my own pace. I think I did such a good job of keeping my nose out of the wind though that I had comparatively more energy to make it to the top of climb still in the pack ^_^, Don't think I'll get away with that so easily on future stages though:tongue:

It was like the old Bkool days.....AAAC still nicking the win :laugh:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
did ok tonite

I think I was lucky we were all sort of marking each other the first half of the race because if anyone had really put the power down I would of been done for. And your big turns at the front did me a favour too!
Then I was just grateful to still be there at the top of the climb. Well done to you and Pete for blasting off at the end. Great stuff.

well done all!

Top Bottom