Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
The chain has snapped on my indoor bike. Job for tomorrow now. :sad:
Show off :okay:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
thanks Paul and @peterob for all of the organising. The events last month really pushed me and helped bring back my Zwift fitness. I can’t make tonight either but I’ll be keeping a close eye on proceedings. I should make the live event on Thursday.

I did my first ever ramp test last night on what I had planned to be a rest day. I had only ever done the 20min test. Boy did the power kick in fast from what was an easy lead in to going full throttle or gas as the pros would say. My best 1 min average was just over 440w which Zwift calculates my ftp to be 334 which is surprisingly close to my previous 20min test result of 331. I would find it hard to go back and do a20 minute test again :smile:.

334 watts! And considering it was the first attempt you’d probably go even higher next time.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Ha ha - I just wanted to get to watch the mighty Reds in the champions league :laugh:

I make no apologies for wheel-sucking tonight! That was my plan - try to get dragged along to the climb and then go at my own pace. I think I did such a good job of keeping my nose out of the wind though that I had comparatively more energy to make it to the top of climb still in the pack ^_^, Don't think I'll get away with that so easily on future stages though:tongue:

It was like the old Bkool days.....AAAC still nicking the win :laugh:

I was watching you at the back and trying to get you to come through.
Spent the first half trying to get used to the latency I get on my trainer.
That is how I first escaped, ish, on Box Hill and then after the escalators.
That is why I dashed for the escslators because if anyone made a move I would probably miss it. But as you lot all sprinted by me I put in an extra dig and it had no effect untill a few moments later and the we had a gap.

AAAC 76C

Large Member

Attachments

• 20191105_210925~2.jpg
    20191105_210925~2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 4

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I was watching you at the back and trying to get you to come through.
Spent the first half trying to get used to the latency I get on my trainer.
That is how I first escaped, ish, on Box Hill and then after the escalators.
That is why I dashed for the escslators because if anyone made a move I would probably miss it. But as you lot all sprinted by me I put in an extra dig and it had no effect untill a few moments later and the we had a gap.

There’s a lag on zwift between putting power down and the avatar responding. It’s slightly longer on some trainer compared to others but I think everyone gets it to some degree. It’s more punishing when you’re tired because it exaggerates the difficulty in closing a gap if that makes sense.

Did anybody else notice that when joining Zwift yesterday it added .5 of a mile to the distance on the top read out but the list where it shows who are riding was correct, happened to me 4 times yesterday
i didnt have it yesterday, however on a group ride on monday this was happening where it seemed we were being given random xp points turns out this was the cause,:blush:

kipster

Guru
I think it's if you pedal while in the pen it tots up a bit of distance. I had it in a group ride where I was getting xp at .6 of a km every km rather than the normal .0

Top Bottom