Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
10th time up the alpe...still no wheels

For those who have the lightweight wheels how many spins did it take? Anyone get it first time?

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
10th time up the alpe...still no wheels

For those who have the lightweight wheels how many spins did it take? Anyone get it first time?

Im not sure but it definitely took a few goes for me. I’d say within the first 20 attempts I got them. I assume it is genuinely fairly random but I guess it might not be?

mjd1988

Guru
Maybe they work it out on the basis of how badly they think you need them :biggrin:

Maybe they are just being sarcastic with me then!

Oh well, all counts towards the Tron anyway

bridgy

Legendary Member
Bridgy, berty, thanks guys. I was hanging on by my fingernails after about 18 miles, it felt like there was still a long way to go, but I managed to just get through the dark spell thanks to ya’ll. 1 hour flat all round!!?
Yeah that was "fun"!! Great to ride with you guys - including Bob for those key five seconds! The key was the hill isn't quite long enough for Lee to drop us, and none of us were strong enough to drop the others on the flats - I did try a couple of times towards the end!

@peterob yes one hour dead for me Tommy and Lee please

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Yeah that was "fun"!! Great to ride with you guys - including Bob for those key five seconds! The key was the hill isn't quite long enough for Lee to drop us, and none of us were strong enough to drop the others on the flats - I did try a couple of times towards the end!

Yeah it felt like we kind of neutralised each other didn’t it?. I was thinking going up that volcano that lee must be thinking if he tries to break us here then it’s a long lonely way to the finish line with us chasing him. And I’m not sure what it would take for one of us to break away on the flat. A longish effort at over 5w/kg maybe? I was thinking if I attack I could blow up and get dropped as I I’m quite low on energy. But I was pretty sure I could respond to any attack if I didn’t go crazy. So it was a bit of a stalemate. But it also felt like a team effort with everyone taking turns and I’m glad we all hit good times really.

The flip side of course is that it’s prob a bit harsh on Al. But this leagues a bit weird like that in general isn’t it?

Alongo

Guru
Didn’t know you guys , @bridgy , @berty bassett were in this race, just rode it to see how my time compared with Thursdays ride. Rode today with full “ b” group, everyone stayed together till first KOM, didn’t want to kill myself so rode with 2 others after half group went away. Tuesdays ride had a drifting draft effect, first half , not much help really, second half @bridgy and @bobinski caught up to me and we rode together, about 3 mins faster today , 59:45 . Does this count towards the league or not.
Have you done ride with the league where we join in with full Zwift races before, I think it would bring a bit of variety to the racing as quite often we all end up slogging away in ones or twos. I think the league appeals to my masochistic side but the Zwift races have a fun factor too. What are your thoughts .
Yeah that was "fun"!! Great to ride with you guys - including Bob for those key five seconds! The key was the hill isn't quite long enough for Lee to drop

Didnt know you guys, @bridgy , @berty bassett were in this race, just rode it to see how my time compared with Thursdays ride.
Rode today with full “B” group, everyone stayed together till first KOM, didn’t want to kill myself so rode wth 2 others as half the group went away on climb and rest split.
Tuesdays ride had a different drafting effect , first half, not much help, second half @bridgy and @bobinski caught up with me and we rode together for a bit and with @bridgy to the end.
About 3 mins faster today, quite close in hr and watts for effort in 59:45. Does this count towards the league or not.
Have you done races with the CC league where you join in with full Zwift races, I think it would bring a bit of variety to the racing as quite often it seems we all end up slogging away in ones or twos. I think the CC league races appeal to my masochistic side but doing a few Zwift races with the league would have a bit more fun factor too.
What are your thoughts .

Top Bottom