Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
thanks for the tow pete - would love to have helped but nothing in the tank - and the sprint put me in my place ! well done
43.29 for me a pb so i was trying- honest
there were some strange things happening with people rocketing pass doing 2wt/k :wacko:

Last edited:

BurningLegs

Veteran
I assume it’s this segment?
https://www.strava.com/segments/12118421

In which case my time is a rather disappointing 51:18 @peterob

peterob

Veteran
43.35 for me please @peterob

Oh and who won the sprint for the line?!!
I just about managed to outsprint Lee to the line :training:. Same time (43:29) for us both.

That was the best I've felt in a race for a long time. I think having a few days off the bike left me fresh for it and I felt I was able to 'conserve' (i.e. suck wheels ^_^) in the pack a bit so I could give it all when I needed to (which was sprinting to the top of the hill to join Lee at the summit). It was then a case of measuring my effort - keeping you at bay whilst ensuring I still had a kick for the final sprint.

I enjoyed that. Shame you had some technical issues @IrishAl

Let me know your times if you haven't posted them yet and I'll issue a new league table tomorrow morning.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I just about managed to outsprint Lee to the line :training:. Same time (43:29) for us both.

That was the best I've felt in a race for a long time. I think having a few days off the bike left me fresh for it and I felt I was able to 'conserve' (i.e. suck wheels ^_^) in the pack a bit so I could give it all when I needed to (which was sprinting to the top of the hill to join Lee at the summit). It was then a case of measuring my effort - keeping you at bay whilst ensuring I still had a kick for the final sprint.

I enjoyed that. Shame you had some technical issues @IrishAl

Let me know your times if you haven't posted them yet and I'll issue a new league table tomorrow morning.
cant you write it out tonight ? it will look ever so good ^_^

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Ok so I got an official Strava segment time of 43:37...seems my Strava time got paused whilst I was dumped out and logged back on again. My only faux pas was therefore missing the turn back towards the underwater tunnel which cost me a bit. I’ll take that as it could have been much worse.

mjd1988

Guru
Going to a wedding across the Irish sea with a flight early tomorrow morning so might not get this stage done until the weekend (provided I recover)

Marino.g

Veteran
Pleasure to ride that with you @Marino.g - what was your time? Might be tricky for your competitor in D to match?!
That was very good of you letting me hold your wheel for much of the race and very much appreciated.:hugs:
I saw your message to jump on but I couldn't reply whilst dying and riding a bike and putting on a steamy pair of glasses to see the small print on my Iphonexx(.
My time was 51.57 @peterob which is good for me.
Thanks again:okay:

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I think I’m going to take a pass on the general classification this month. I know I said that last month too... but December is always busy for me catching up with people and I have a bit of work to juggle so I’m more likely to just join the races that are on when I have the time.

I’ll definitely try and support the handicap race if that happens.

BurningLegs

Veteran
I think I’m going to take a pass on the general classification this month. I know I said that last month too... but December is always busy for me catching up with people and I have a bit of work to juggle so I’m more likely to just join the races that are on when I have the time.
Same here. I really doubt I will be able to complete all stages so will be mixing things up a bit.

@Marino.g - glad you were working hard :laugh: I messed up the start and thought I’d be riding the whole thing alone so was very pleased to be riding with you. I remember you saying you don’t see much action because there are only two D riders but hopefully this evening was a little different. :cheers:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
43:36 for me.
Put a different stepper motor on an now I am riding with you guys and not in cloud cuckoo land. It was brilliant.
Eased of a bit too much at the top of that climb and you guys were gone. I thought me and @bridgy would pull you back but no joy.
Got real close at one point and I was hoping @bridgy would come through and finish off the job but he was probably in the same place as me.
Not sure if I should wear my HRM or not. I get distracted by it when I am approaching the mid 160's.
Looking forward to next week already!

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Survey results so far.
10 out of 11 can make next Tuesday but it sounds like most people would favour doing the Tour of London series and saving the handicap race until January. Probably makes sense. Hard to beat an organised series.
F5CEA7DC-BE19-4B62-B765-21F2B863084A.jpeg

Top Bottom