Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
The early scores are on the doors for the December league. It's tight at the top with just 8 secs separating the top 5 :boxing:. I'll have to rejig my spreadsheet so that it ensures I'm in the higher position when times are tied @berty bassett ;)

I expect it'll be a bit fragmented this month (I don't expect I'll be able to do all the Tour of London stages) but I'll keep posting the latest table :okay:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Nice :okay: Went there in 2005 (I think), just after the tsunami. Did a tour - beautiful country and people. Enjoy.

As for working, I have 5 days left before I 'retire' - well, become a full time carer for the wife. I'm in handover mode now. Not sure how life away from work is going to be, but I guess we'll see after Christmas once reality kicks in :eek:
@Whorty All the best with your transition to the caring roll.

One piece of advice I keep seeing is this.

No metter how difficult it gets do one thing. Look after yourself. You will be of little to no assistance if you are going under due to the situation/workload.

If you feel a little overwhelmed seek assistance/advice for yourself. In the long run a healthy, happier you will give better help.

Oh and vent. Find someone who you can talk/vent to, to get things off of your chest.

No metter how difficult it gets do one thing. Look after yourself. You will be of little to no assistance if you are going under due to the situation/workload.

If you feel a little overwhelmed seek assistance/advice for yourself. In the long run a healthy, happier you will give better help.

Oh and vent. Find someone who you can talk/vent to, to get things off of your chest.
Excellent advice :okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Survey results so far.
10 out of 11 can make next Tuesday but it sounds like most people would favour doing the Tour of London series and saving the handicap race until January. Probably makes sense. Hard to beat an organised series.
View attachment 495307
Yeah I think best plan is to do the Tour of London for the rest of this month's league and then save the handicap race(s) for a treat in the New Year - would be a shame not to take advantage of the ordganised "Tour" races while they're on.

@peterob let's take league table times for Tour of London from Zwiftpower as this is the most accurate so we may as well make use of it. So if anyone in our league isn't registered with ZP please do so now, and join the Cyclechat club as well - makes it nice and easy to gather stage times.

Tour of London details are here - https://zwift.com/events/series/tou...l_cycle_email_tour_of_london_other_december19

In short, it starts next Monday (9th December) and has 5 stages, with stage 1 taking place at various times on Mon 9th and Tues 10th, stage 2 on Wed 11th and Thurs 12th, stage 3 on Sat 14th & Sun 15th, stage 4 on Mon 16th and Tues 17th, stage 5 on Wed 18th and Thurs 19th, and then chances to catch up on any missed stages on Sun 20th and Mon 21st.

There is a choice of long distance (CAT A), short distance (CAT B), or Elite race (CAT E). We'll have to agree in advance which CAT we ride if we want to use times for the league because the first stage for example is 1 lap for CAT B, 2 laps for CAT E, and 3 laps for CAT A!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I think it’s better to separate the handicap races from the league whenever you decide to run it. I don’t think it’ll work as part of the league. Especially if it’s a team handicap.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Yeah I think best plan is to do the Tour of London for the rest of this month's league and then save the handicap race(s) for a treat in the New Year - would be a shame not to take advantage of the ordganised "Tour" races while they're on.

@peterob let's take league table times for Tour of London from Zwiftpower as this is the most accurate so we may as well make use of it. So if anyone in our league isn't registered with ZP please do so now, and join the Cyclechat club as well - makes it nice and easy to gather stage times.

Tour of London details are here - https://zwift.com/events/series/tou...l_cycle_email_tour_of_london_other_december19

In short, it starts next Monday (9th December) and has 5 stages, with stage 1 taking place at various times on Mon 9th and Tues 10th, stage 2 on Wed 11th and Thurs 12th, stage 3 on Sat 14th & Sun 15th, stage 4 on Mon 16th and Tues 17th, stage 5 on Wed 18th and Thurs 19th, and then chances to catch up on any missed stages on Sun 20th and Mon 21st.

There is a choice of long distance (CAT A), short distance (CAT B), or Elite race (CAT E). We'll have to agree in advance which CAT we ride if we want to use times for the league because the first stage for example is 1 lap for CAT B, 2 laps for CAT E, and 3 laps for CAT A!
My vote is the longer race every time :okay: But equally happy to go with shorter distance if others can't hack the distance :popcorn:

Hopefully we'll all have a good choice of ride to join, as these tour rides are scattered throughout the day.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

All good advice TB - thanks.

I guess like most people, as a carer it's hard to acknowledge when you need help because the person you're caring for always needs more help and you feel a bit of a whinger complaining (and @<Tommy> will only mark me down! :laugh:) Whenever the doc comes to see the wife, or the nurses etc, they're always as concerned for me as her, and this makes me as guilty as hell, although I do get it.

Problem with MS though it's an ever changing situation; one month can be quite good, then within 6 months you look back and realise how much worse the health is and how far away we are from where we were. For e.g., this time last year I was working away the odd night, and going into the office for work. Now I can't leave the wife for more than an hour as I go to the shops and she needs 24/7 care.

Going full time (or mostly, I may have a bit of work I can do from home in the new year) will free me up so hoping I can get a bit more time for 'me' and, as you say, have a clearer mind to better do my caring role. We'll see :okay:

How's that Tommy ..... worth a few more on the excuses scale? :cuppa:

Last edited:

JuhaL

Guru
It’s gonna be hard times on Zwift in a near future if you gonna ride fast as you can. First comes Tour of London and near future comes Tour de Zwift. Need to have enough rest between each stages to avoid overtraining, at least i have.

Top Bottom