Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
I was doing so well then we had a bloody power cut for 10 minutes, restarted Zwift when power returned , it asked if I wanted to resume the session ( good I thought I can complete) clicked resume and it had me peddling in the sky above a canyon :wacko:

well done all who finished
my try over the weekend
I did wonder what happened to you and we were going together great

Dropped like a stone when the power went

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I was doing so well then we had a bloody power cut for 10 minutes, restarted Zwift when power returned , it asked if I wanted to resume the session ( good I thought I can complete) clicked resume and it had me peddling in the sky above a canyon :wacko:

well done all who finished
my try over the weekend
Let me know when Chris and I'll see if I can join you :okay: Maybe create a meetup?

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
With this break from my "VR bicycling" and a discussion with my wife, I have realized that I have been spending so much time riding, talking here about riding and working on the bike for marginal gains, that it is conflicting with my day to day obligations.
So with much reluctance I'm going to sell the following gear on EBay but I thought I'd give you guys first option. The stuff I'm selling is good middle of the quality range gear and some of you who are better than me about balancing your home life and turbo life may find some use.

1. Electric lawnmower
2. Rakes 3 types
3. Ladders 6' , 22' and 26' extension types. The 22 foot has bad "feet" but good enough to clean gutters etc.
4. 8" Chop saw.. Low end but has all the angles etc.
5. Shovels 3 types
6.oil change kit- drain tank, filter wrench etc..
@Randyberlin You had me convinced up to the rakes :laugh:

BurningLegs

Veteran
will have to google that and look into getting something similar,we are always getting power cuts ,would need 2 though as the router is in a different room to the garage where I have my set up

You'd need to test this, of course, but as long as Zwift kept running you might be okay without internet. Everyone else would disappear from screen so you'd be riding solo, but you should be able to complete the ride then Zwift will upload when the internet comes back. Don't take my word for it though - give it a test and see :smile:

I've certainly had internet issues during a ride, and while it has meant I am riding solo for a while it hasn't stopped me setting a time. The only thing I haven't done before is completed a ride while the internet is out. But I'd hope Zwift is smart enough to save locally and try to sync when it can next connect. As a worst case scenario you will have the .fit file to manually upload later (unless you're running Zwift on iOS or Android).

You'd need to test this, of course, but as long as Zwift kept running you might be okay without internet. Everyone else would disappear from screen so you'd be riding solo, but you should be able to complete the ride then Zwift will upload when the internet comes back. Don't take my word for it though - give it a test and see :smile:

I've certainly had internet issues during a ride, and while it has meant I am riding solo for a while it hasn't stopped me setting a time. The only thing I haven't done before is completed a ride while the internet is out. But I'd hope Zwift is smart enough to save locally and try to sync when it can next connect. As a worst case scenario you will have the .fit file to manually upload later (unless you're running Zwift on iOS or Android).

thanks will give that a try by turning of the router mid ride and then complete a set distance , turn router back on and see if it saves , will save having a ups unit in the front room^_^

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
You'd need to test this, of course, but as long as Zwift kept running you might be okay without internet

You are ok. The ride will save once internet is restored. The downside is you tend to lose contact with a pack unless you really up the effort.

Top Bottom