Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Anyone racing with me tonight?
Sorry, but it's my first Randy stand in ride for me over on Bkool.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Let us know how your Neo gets on in Bkool since they updated it - I'd be interested to know...
I did 4 of the 5 races last month and it (mostly) worked OK. @Brusgaard has been racing on there with his NEO for months now and I believe has had no issues. Dean,( @Breedon) has been racing over there I think too recently on his NEO. And @Del C (:okay:)

The Watts in Bkool are comparable for me to Zwift. Speed is a little slower in the most part, but this is probably not that surprising as drafting in Bkool has been reduced a lot, whilst Zwift has gone double draft.

I'm competitive with who I expect to be irrespective of trainer.

For me, I wanted to mix up the racing a bit as I was getting a bit stuck in a rut, so I thought I'd try Bkool along with Zwift. I still prefer Zwift in the main, but it doesn't hurt to challenge the legs a bit differently (actually, it does hurt - a lot, but there you go ha ha)

Last edited:

Del C

Veteran
I did 4 of the 5 races last month and it (mostly) worked OK. @Brusgaard has been racing on there with his NEO for months now and I believe has had no issues. Dean,( @Breedon) has been racing over there I think too recently on his NEO

The Watts in Bkool are comparable for me to Zwift. Speed is a little slower in the most part, but this is probably not that surprising as drafting in Bkool has been reduced a lot, whilst Zwift has gone double draft.

I'm competitive with who I expect to be irrespective of trainer.

For me, I wanted to mix up the racing a bit as I was getting a bit stuck in a rut, so I thought I'd try Bkool along with Zwift. I still prefer Zwift in the main, but it doesn't hurt to challenge the legs a bit differently (actually, it does hurt - a lot, but there you go ha ha)
My experiences have been identical.

I rejoined again to see whether the updated Sim had done what they claimed and levelled the playing field.

I ride a Neo and I'd say the power figures on both Bkool and Zwift are now very close. It feels like I'm not at a disadvantage as before, when I couldn't even keep up with my own ghost from my Bkool Pro days.

Like @Whorty said, Zwift is still my preference. The ride variations in terms of course and length, the different types of ride and the competition is just better all round, but Bkool does give another option to mix things up a bit.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191205-061709.png
    Screenshot_20191205-061709.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 7
With this break from my "VR bicycling" and a discussion with my wife, I have realized that I have been spending so much time riding, talking here about riding and working on the bike for marginal gains, that it is conflicting with my day to day obligations.
So with much reluctance I'm going to sell the following gear on EBay but I thought I'd give you guys first option. The stuff I'm selling is good middle of the quality range gear and some of you who are better than me about balancing your home life and turbo life may find some use.

1. Electric lawnmower
2. Rakes 3 types
3. Ladders 6' , 22' and 26' extension types. The 22 foot has bad "feet" but good enough to clean gutters etc.
4. 8" Chop saw.. Low end but has all the angles etc.
5. Shovels 3 types
6.oil change kit- drain tank, filter wrench etc..

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I was doing so well then we had a bloody power cut for 10 minutes, restarted Zwift when power returned , it asked if I wanted to resume the session ( good I thought I can complete) clicked resume and it had me peddling in the sky above a canyon :wacko:

well done all who finished
my try over the weekend

I use an uninterruptible power supply for my setup so pc, turbo, screen and internet stay powered for upto 10mins

Top Bottom