Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I once did a Saturday morning 100 miler group ride on Zwift. I peeled my self from the bike at just over 4 hours non stop. I haven't attempted one since:laugh:
Still need to do my 100-miler on Zwift, hoping to do it this year. Won't be able to do it none stop due to wife's needs, but a break or two should I'm guessing prove quite useful :laugh:

Last edited:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
My Tour de Zwift Stage 2 time: 1:31:20

This includes losing about 4 minutes when I had to dash out to the car to use the jump start booster to get the car started for my wife! Fortunately, I have no time left to do the ride again... :laugh:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Just catching up on posts on here over the weekend - blimey all this talk of carefully structured training plans! I'm sure there's good science backing a lot of this up, but personally I'm really not sure how many 2 hour zone 2 rides I can cope with doing on the turbo! There has to be a balance between doing the training properly and just having fun (and distraction) for me - I had intended to do some kind of zone 2 ride on Sunday but I ended up going mountain biking instead which was more like a high intensity interval session - but it was great fun! Maybe one day I'll be discplined enough to try a proper training plan for a few weeks - but not yet!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Still need to do my 100-miler on Zwift, hoping to do it this year. Won't be able to do it none stop due to wife's needs, but a break or two should I'm guessing prove quite useful :laugh:

The one I went on was 3.0 W/kg. There was around 250 starters. By half way there was less than half in the pack. By mile 75 I was blowing badly.

I got dropped at mile 87 with less than 30 still in the group. I rode to the end alone. Lost over 10 mins without the pack.

The sharp climb at the end of the Volcano flat section was a killer. I would ride to near the front of the pack before the climb and drop back through the group on the climb. After something like 11 times I couldn't stay in the pack and was spat out of the back.:cry:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Re: Tour of Cambridgeshire: I am signed up for the Gran Fondo - I must have either missed or forgotten about plans to change to the race instead. I'm not sure I want to ramp up the comptetitive levels to the actual race - the Gran Fondo may well be more than enough for me!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Just catching up on posts on here over the weekend - blimey all this talk of carefully structured training plans! I'm sure there's good science backing a lot of this up, but personally I'm really not sure how many 2 hour zone 2 rides I can cope with doing on the turbo! There has to be a balance between doing the training properly and just having fun (and distraction) for me - I had intended to do some kind of zone 2 ride on Sunday but I ended up going mountain biking instead which was more like a high intensity interval session - but it was great fun! Maybe one day I'll be discplined enough to try a proper training plan for a few weeks - but not yet!

Its really down to what targets, events are coming up for folk. Martin has qualification for TOC, I have target of base fitness so I can last a week climbing mountains. Paul you're at the pointy end of your age- with a dedicated plan to meet your personal targets you could be better, we all could. Its very personal what folk want from riding. My training helps me get fitter for Zwift events too and vice versa

Norry1

Legendary Member
Re: Tour of Cambridgeshire: I am signed up for the Gran Fondo - I must have either missed or forgotten about plans to change to the race instead. I'm not sure I want to ramp up the comptetitive levels to the actual race - the Gran Fondo may well be more than enough for me!

You can change to Race if you want to. But no need to I guess unless you fancy it.

Whorty

The one I went on was 3.0 W/kg. There was around 250 starters. By half way there was less than half in the pack. By mile 75 I was blowing badly.

I got dropped at mile 87 with less than 30 still in the group. I rode to the end alone. Lost over 10 mins without the pack.

The sharp climb at the end of the Volcano flat section was a killer. I would ride to near the front of the pack before the climb and drop back through the group on the climb. After something like 11 times I couldn't stay in the pack and was spat out of the back.:cry:
I'll probably just do it on my own rather than an organised ride. I've done a couple of 100km rides on Zwift, but i think for the 100-miler I should just go at my own pace.

I am doing TdZ stage 3 at 1400pm if anybody fancy’s joining

Whorty

Both the race and GF allows qualification to the worlds, but i assume the chance of a faster time is there with the race as there would be more grouping and drafting. Would you not need a race licence for the race anyway .... apart from @Norry1 , does anyone else have a race licence yet?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Both the race and GF allows qualification to the worlds, but i assume the chance of a faster time is there with the race as there would be more grouping and drafting. Would you not need a race licence for the race anyway .... apart from @Norry1 , does anyone else have a race licence yet?

Isnt it that you need to be in the top 20% of your age group whether race or fondo?

Norry1

Legendary Member
Got my British Cycling Licence and BMRC Licence now. BMCR is only £25 if anyone is interested - especially as we are all a bit wrinkly (well maybe me more than most :smile: )

edit: pic removed due to ugliness of photo :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom