Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
@Norry1 - you might want to consider removing the image above? Or at least blurring out some identifiable info e.g DoB, phone number, URL for further details on second card?

Good point :smile:

peterob

Veteran
Morning guys. Just been catching up with the rides over the weekend. I think the table below is correct, but please check your times and let me know if there's any issues.

Another strong ride by Tommy (although not 100% apparently :rolleyes:) takes him to the top. And with @IrishAl having to do stage 2 during catchup, he may take some shifting. Lots of good riding on Stage 2 and lots of close times. Well done all :bravo:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Re: Tour of Cambridgeshire: I am signed up for the Gran Fondo - I must have either missed or forgotten about plans to change to the race instead. I'm not sure I want to ramp up the comptetitive levels to the actual race - the Gran Fondo may well be more than enough for me!

I think it could go either way. You might get a faster time in the grand fondo if you’re in a group that suits you better than the race. I think it’s important to get into a good group from the start more than anything else.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Morning guys. Just been catching up with the rides over the weekend. I think the table below is correct, but please check your times and let me know if there's any issues.

Another strong ride by Tommy (although not 100% apparently :rolleyes:) takes him to the top. And with @IrishAl having to do stage 2 during catchup, he may take some shifting. Lots of good riding on Stage 2 and lots of close times. Well done all :bravo:

View attachment 501317

It’s not my fault the league has coincided with my zone 2 training block :whistle:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I think it could go either way. You might get a faster time in the grand fondo if you’re in a group that suits you better than the race. I think it’s important to get into a good group from the start more than anything else.
This is true - it's 100 miles and we know from our own experience what this can do to you when you're not used to that kind of distance! It's all very well getting in a really fast group at the start but if you can't maintain that pace there's a good chance you'll cramp up or something later in the ride (we've both been there!). Very tricky balance between pacing yourself, and not missing out on a good group. It feels so EASY at the beginning, and then 4 hours in and....:cry:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Done a quick comparison @BurningLegs of our ToC 2 rides. Going into the climb I was 1 minute up, but by the end you was 2 minutes up. You made 3 minutes on me on the climb. With stages like this then I really need to stick to my plan, and stay within myself on the flats ensuring I keep enough for the climb where most of the time is gained/lost. Given the amount of climbing on this tour, you're going to be hard to beat. But I'll give it a go anyway :ninja:

ToC2-compare.jpg

BurningLegs

Veteran
Interesting analysis, @Whorty - on stage two I felt like I worked too hard on the flats and could have gone harder on the climb!! :wacko:

I think it is purely down to weight. I'm at 69KG right now (been dropping slowly for a few months) and my power is stable (FTP ~250W). The reduced weight makes a noticeable difference on the climbs but the flats are as hard as ever. My absolute nightmare stage is a flat TT!

I'm hoping to have a go at stage three tonight, so you'll have a time to aim for if you do it later in the week :smile:

Also - if Zwiftpower promote me during TdZ I'm happy to be promoted in our league mid-tour, which would open the door for you!

bridgy

Legendary Member
I can't be bothered with all that. It's kind of cheating in some people's eyes too.
I don't see it as cheating - it's part of the "game" and an option for everyone, just like choosing a particular bike for any course really. And it's even something done by professionals in real races - so in that sense it's more realistic and less "cheaty" than power-ups for example.

As to whether it's worth it, I agree with you, it's debatable. I think in theory it could be worthwhile changing for the jungle section on stage 3 but you would have to get the change just right and done quickly - it could very easily go wrong!

If anyone gives it a try let us know how it goes!

Whorty

Interesting analysis, @Whorty - on stage two I felt like I worked too hard on the flats and could have gone harder on the climb!! :wacko:

I think it is purely down to weight. I'm at 69KG right now (been dropping slowly for a few months) and my power is stable (FTP ~250W). The reduced weight makes a noticeable difference on the climbs but the flats are as hard as ever. My absolute nightmare stage is a flat TT!

I'm hoping to have a go at stage three tonight, so you'll have a time to aim for if you do it later in the week :smile:

Also - if Zwiftpower promote me during TdZ I'm happy to be promoted in our league mid-tour, which would open the door for you!
Just signed up for the 2 o'clock today with Chris. This includes another 30 minute climb, plus the climbing out of the Jungle, so should be a good course for lighter riders. I think I'm going to have to take it easy getting to the climb to see if I can hold on for that first 30 minute ascent :laugh: Will be a good target for you.

Whorty

How do you quickly jimp into equipment page? I thought the avatar had to come to a stop before menu appears,is there a short cut?
Avatar has to stop before you can change frame and/or wheels. So you really need to do it on a slight incline so the bike stops quickly. Probably not worth it on these races, especially if you're in a good group and drafting.

bridgy

Legendary Member
How do you quickly jimp into equipment page? I thought the avatar had to come to a stop before menu appears,is there a short cut?
Avatar has to stop before you can change frame and/or wheels. So you really need to do it on a slight incline so the bike stops quickly. Probably not worth it on these races, especially if you're in a good group and drafting.
Press "A" to go to pairing screen and you'll immediately come to a stop. Press "OK" to go out of pairing screen, then "T" to go to garage where you can change frames. Start pedaling again and return to the race. If you're slick, should take 15-20 seconds for each change (N.B the mountain bike is over a minute quicker than a road bike round the jungle loop @300 watts with 75kg rider)

Top Bottom