Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
You do have to disciplined on hills and when other cyclists go past. It’s quite amusing watching them waiting for you to engage the hyper drive.
Yeah ... I know the logic ... but I failed again today :shy:

But it is great staying warm enough in these terms, never working hard enough to sweat, and not needing to eat at all.
I never eat on the turbo, stick to water only if ride is around 60 mins, or water with SIS tab if up to 2-3 hours with maybe a gel. I always try to eat enough 2 hours before the ride to get me through. If i was going over 3 hours I'd probably have a banana and another gel to hand just in case. I do the exact same outside too.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Same here Carl, handful of raisins on multiple hour zone 2 with couple of litres of water

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Yeah ... I know the logic ... but I failed again today :shy:

I never eat on the turbo, stick to water only if ride is around 60 mins, or water with SIS tab if up to 2-3 hours with maybe a gel. I always try to eat enough 2 hours before the ride to get me through. If i was going over 3 hours I'd probably have a banana and another gel to hand just in case. I do the exact same outside too.

With a low intensity Z2 / Z1 ride. It’s pretty much all done using fat for fuel and you could keep going for many many hours, all day in fact, without needing to eat.

I did two 2hr45 zone 2 rides this weekend on my turbo- TR/Zwift combo.

I read several of my club mates fell off this weekend due to frosty roads. Ill stick indoors:okay:
How on earth do you manage to ride Z2 for more than 20 minutes, never mind 2:45?
I start to hurt and/or go numb in my feet and other places that are not appropriate subjects for conversation if I'm not putting weight through the pedals.
Last time I did an interval session I was in more pain during the recovery phases than on the efforts - it got to the point where I was desperate for the intervals because at least then I could get out of the saddle.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I did two 2hr45 zone 2 rides this weekend on my turbo- TR/Zwift combo.

Most I’ve done is 1:30 Steady state aerobic threshold. I do have a 2:00 steady state planned on turbo for tomorrow. Will see if there’s a suitable two hour film I can watch once I’m up and away as once up and running don‘t need to keep an eye on the numbers the app is showing. But beyond 2:00 hours not so sure. I’d rather do that outdoors but do get your view on ice but days like today you can go out in afternoon and it’ll be gone for most part and there always gritted roads.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
How on earth do you manage to ride Z2 for more than 20 minutes, never mind 2:45?
I start to hurt and/or go numb in my feet and other places that are not appropriate subjects for conversation if I'm not putting weight through the pedals.
Last time I did an interval session I was in more pain during the recovery phases than on the efforts - it got to the point where I was desperate for the intervals because at least then I could get out of the saddle.

I ride a recumbent so it’s very comfy doing turbo sessions other than the physical effort^_^ I couldn’t do long turbo sessions on road bike.

Most I’ve done is 1:30 Steady state aerobic threshold. I do have a 2:00 steady state planned on turbo for tomorrow. Will see if there’s a suitable two hour film I can watch once I’m up and away as once up and running don‘t need to keep an eye on the numbers the app is showing. But beyond 2:00 hours not so sure. I’d rather do that outdoors but do get your view on ice but days like today you can go out in afternoon and it’ll be gone for most part and there always gritted roads.
This is one of the advantages of Bkool. Some great long video rides have been added by @Aleman most with some climbing to keep it varied but definitely not boring.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
This is one of the advantages of Bkool. Some great long video rides have been added by @Aleman most with some climbing to keep it varied but definitely not boring.

For steady state aerobic threshold I prefer trainer controlled HR workouts as that tends to stay same even when your power at that HR is increasing over the season. A video would be great but I’d be wary if it had varied terrain as it’d be hard to keep to my aerobic threshold on that.

The harder interval work music or podcasts complement it where I don’t need to concentrate on what I’m hearing too much.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Did you make it yourself Andy, if so have you got any details, might have a go .
Yes, I built it myself. I joined Facebook rocker board group. You can make either a half board, rocker just under turbo or full and have the whole bike rock. I would say the half board gives 90% feel of the full board.

Here is the link to my design.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/turbo-rocker-board.232667/

@peterob has got my half board now

There are various methods of providing the pivot and damping. A half board can be knocked up for less than a hundred and full board not much more depending on wood/ply type

This is my full board

Attachments

• 20190430_093418.jpg
    20190430_093418.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Alongo

Guru
Yes, I built it myself. I joined Facebook rocker board group. You can make either a half board, rocker just under turbo or full and have the whole bike rock. I would say the half board gives 90% feel of the full board.

There are various methods of providing the pivot and damping. A half board can be knocked up for less than a hundred and full board not much more depending on wood/ply type
Will have a read tomorrow, thanks.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **

@peterob has got my half board now

This is my full board
Looks great Andy. I had planned to make a rocker plate, then bought the Neo2 thinking I wouldn’t need one, but in fact the bike feels more rigid When on the Neo compared to the bkool. So I’m back to dreaming of making my rocker plate.

longest turbo session I’ve done was around the 4 hours mark, once...I did stop for coffee and cake halfway right enough, just as I would do in realworld cycle. 😁

Top Bottom