Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Well I had a disaster tonight.
Got ready and started my warmup at about 18:30 but less than five minutes in my internet failed! Argh!
Completed my warm up but the internet was still not working when the race started so I cleaned my chain in the garage and came back in.
Internet is working perfectly now of course:rolleyes:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Got ready and started my warmup at about 18:30 but less than five minutes in my internet failed! Argh!
Completed my warm up but the internet was still not working when the race started so I cleaned my chain in the garage and came back in.
You'd probably be way off my time anyway, so worked out for the best :cuppa:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **

I had a collection of calamities this evening as well. Got home a 4.50pm and wife suggests I do my cycle before dinner so I raced to get changed and set up for TdZ s3...no time for a warm up but sure I’d be alright...got on ok and started racing and in about 100th place going into the tunnel...but iPad wouldn’t sync to the tv...eventually wiggled the wires about on he hdmi adapter thingy then boom Zwift froze...my iPad I reckon. I kept pedalling and reset Zwift to find myself back in 1600th or so...powered on and through the field as we climbed the hill...I was cutting through the field like a hot knife thru butter then it dawned on me that my weight was set to 60kg...my fault as I’d set the missus up on Saturday to do a bit on using my account :rolleyes:. At that point I gave it up...quit and reset again and joined the 5.40pm TdZ race. I don’t th8nk I’ll get stage 3 done tomorrow so I am hoping for Wednesday evening. Fingers crossed I don’t mess up again.

I always forget about the 'A' to stop the bike.
I did some practice bike changes as I faffed about. “Perfected” the changeover in about 16 seconds but did mess up a few as well. That’s the time from applying the brakes to starting to pedal again. Mistakes included leaving the pairing screen whilst still moving albeit very slowly...must wait until fully stopped / unclipped. Also didn’t hit the equip button once or twice so complete screw up. Not sure if worth it.
As Tommy says if it’s difficult for Apple TV users then we should level the playing field and not allow it in our league races.

Del C

Veteran
TdZ Stage 3

1.18.17 for me please @peterob

Difficult stage. Seemed really hard to form and keep any groups together, which I suppose isn't surprising with the profile of the course.

Kept to my recent cardio-friendly, @Whorty inspired method of steady start, settle into a group on the flats and then hit it harder on the climbs. Everything broke up on the KoM, with riders just strung out along the road.

I pretty much rode the KoM, descent and climb into the jungle by myself, before I managed to jump on to a group that caught me on the descent into the jungle and then stayed with that until it all broke up again on the climb after we left the jungle.

Jumped onto another group just after the Italian village which stayed together to the line.

I think having the main climb early in the ride instead of at the end was a major factor in the lack of groups forming and sticking together. Came in 174th out of 608, which was pretty much where I was at the start of the KoM.

TdZ Stage 3

1.18.17 for me please @peterob

Difficult stage. Seemed really hard to form and keep any groups together, which I suppose isn't surprising with the profile of the course.

Kept to my recent cardio-friendly, @Whorty inspired method of steady start, settle into a group on the flats and then hit it harder on the climbs. Everything broke up on the KoM, with riders just strung out along the road.

I pretty much rode the KoM, descent and climb into the jungle by myself, before I managed to jump on to a group that caught me on the descent into the jungle and then stayed with that until it all broke up again on the climb after we left the jungle.

Jumped onto another group just after the Italian village which stayed together to the line.

I think having the main climb early in the ride instead of at the end was a major factor in the lack of groups forming and sticking together. Came in 174th out of 608, which was pretty much where I was at the start of the KoM.
ZP has you as running it del! Might be why you found it difficult, :eek:

Attachments

• 938F4439-B004-4BE9-BE82-DE949961FD98.jpeg
    938F4439-B004-4BE9-BE82-DE949961FD98.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 5
That was one of the most thoroughly unpleasant experiences I've had on a bike. xx(xx(xx(

Joined the paddock 50 seconds before the start so no warm up, started near the back and stayed there. My towel fell off my bars just at the foot of the climb so lost a lot of time recovering that. Held my own on the climb, 40-something minutes (don't have the energy to look).

It all came unstuck in the jungle. The gruppeto I joined spat me out, then my chain came off on the jungle climb, I probably lost 50 seconds to that. I bonked about 7 miles from the end. It never occurred to me to bring food on a turbo ride. Should probably have taken the time to get some food but I was already pretty far down the leaderboard and didn't want to be actual last.

Towards the end I encountered a rider who was clearly having similar difficulty to me, so we grouped up and relayed the last couple of miles in.

I had absolutely no desire to contest the sprint, but he jumped anyway and the idiot part of my brain overruled the "I'm literally dying" part of my brain. Beat him by a wheel length. Final time: 1:51:18. Pretty sure I'd have been dead last if I wasn't using virtual power.

peterob

Veteran
That was one of the most thoroughly unpleasant experiences I've had on a bike. xx(xx(xx(

Joined the paddock 50 seconds before the start so no warm up, started near the back and stayed there. My towel fell off my bars just at the foot of the climb so lost a lot of time recovering that. Held my own on the climb, 40-something minutes (don't have the energy to look).

It all came unstuck in the jungle. The gruppeto I joined spat me out, then my chain came off on the jungle climb, I probably lost 50 seconds to that. I bonked about 7 miles from the end. It never occurred to me to bring food on a turbo ride. Should probably have taken the time to get some food but I was already pretty far down the leaderboard and didn't want to be actual last.

Towards the end I encountered a rider who was clearly having similar difficulty to me, so we grouped up and relayed the last couple of miles in.

I had absolutely no desire to contest the sprint, but he jumped anyway and the idiot part of my brain overruled the "I'm literally dying" part of my brain. Beat him by a wheel length. Final time: 1:51:18. Pretty sure I'd have been dead last if I wasn't using virtual power.
Did you want to join our league @Edwardoka as you're doing the ToZ? A bit of 'healthy' competition can go a long way to eek out those extra watts ^_^. If so, join the CycleChat team on ZwiftPower (or follow me).

Table updated with yesterday's results - will give the rest a target for their rides :boxing:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Did you want to join our league @Edwardoka as you're doing the ToZ? A bit of 'healthy' competition can go a long way to eek out those extra watts ^_^. If so, join the CycleChat team on ZwiftPower (or follow me).

Table updated with yesterday's results - will give the rest a target for their rides :boxing:
View attachment 501450
Keeping this one :laugh: Not often I'm 2nd in the league after 3 stages (I'm ignoring the fact that most others have only completed 2 stages :whistle: )

Top Bottom