Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
And even more demoralising than that is the fact that your descent was quicker than my best as well, which considering the weight difference - :notworthy::surrender:

He will of benefited of being with the leaders, so probably a pack descended together?

bridgy

Legendary Member
He will of benefited of being with the leaders, so probably a pack descended together?
Yeah looking at our descents on Strava, Lee went down the mountain 5 seconds faster than my October time despite being 14kg (:eek:) lighter, and averaging 90 watts less, so must be a good drafting effect. I hope it's busy on the 6pm ride tonight!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Yeah looks very painful - is Lee doing it again tonight then?

It's going to take a superhuman effort on my part or some serious good luck in terms of the group I latch onto to get even close to your time @berty bassett And even more demoralising than that is the fact that your descent was quicker than my best as well, which considering the weight difference - :notworthy::surrender:

He can’t be bothered to change bikes halfway through a race but he clearly has no problem strapping a pallet of bricks to his back at the top of a hill!

That’s me f*cked too then if he’s smashing it up the hill. No wonder the sneaky sod was messaging me last night to find out when I was racing. Fancy scalping me apache style do you whippet ! ⚒ 👀

bobinski

Legendary Member
Yeah looks very painful - is Lee doing it again tonight then?

It's going to take a superhuman effort on my part or some serious good luck in terms of the group I latch onto to get even close to your time @berty bassett . Your time up the KOM yesterday was over a minute and a half better than my best (on the Neo) back in October, and that was me doing 308 watts average and I'm not in that kind of form right now anyway. And even more demoralising than that is the fact that your descent was quicker than my best as well, which considering the weight difference - :notworthy::surrender:

Yeah, I meant to post about his times yesterday. It’s the KOM time that must be pretty much unbeatable. Pretty fast for a decrepit hamster😁

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
He can’t be bothered to change bikes halfway through a race but he clearly has no problem strapping a pallet of bricks to his back at the top of a hill!

That’s me f*cked too then if he’s smashing it up the hill. No wonder the sneaky sod was messaging me last night to find out when I was racing. Fancy scalping me apache style do you whippet ! ⚒ 👀

Hod^_^

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Several minutes lead at the top of the KOM will stretch out massively in distance on the descent and flat

Bob, we should cheering Lee, still kicking the whipper snappers :laugh:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Bob, we should cheering Lee, still kicking the whipper snappers :laugh:

😁

Marino.g

Veteran
Hi guys
I know that you have been talking about training schedules lately and racing on Zwift especially TDZ that’s taking place.
For me at cat D and virtually the slowest of our group on Zwift I would like to improve to compete but at 55 with a knee worse than Bobs and weigh 89kg (lost a stone) I wonder if this is achievable.
I’m thinking of trying a training schedule on training peaks for about 12 weeks to improve my ftp (220) and would like your thoughts.
Surely going flat out for an hour and half on the Tdz races twice a week is not good training or is it ??
I’ve tried Trainerroad before but found it boring without much gain but at least training peaks is listed on the Zwift world workouts so I might find this more substainable.
One thing to mention is that in the real world I’m ok but use a different bike on Zwift and use an older 9 speed racer on my direto trainer and sometimes I wonder if that might make a difference.
I would be grateful for your opinions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom