Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
bit misleading as your going to B cat next week :cheers:^_^
Interestingly, my 95% of 20 mins stage 3 w/kg was 3.197 ...... couldn't get it closer to 3.2 if I'd tried :rofl: This keeps me just about in C :sweat: That was based on an ave of 249 watts over 20 mins. Had I average 250 watts I'd have slipped over to cat B ..... I'd call that perfect riding :dance: If that climb didn't have the castle 'flat' section where I 'rested' I think I'd have exceeded C.

Wish I could hold 250 watts for 20 mins on the flat and not just the climbs :banghead:

LBHIFI

Veteran
Where did you go Andy and Dean?
Im ridning this as zone2 with intervals

Norry1

Legendary Member
Interestingly, my 95% of 20 mins stage 3 w/kg was 3.197 ...... couldn't get it closer to 3.2 if I'd tried :rofl: This keeps me just about in C :sweat: That was based on an ave of 249 watts over 20 mins. Had I average 250 watts I'd have slipped over to cat B ..... I'd call that perfect riding :dance: If that climb didn't have the castle 'flat' section where I 'rested' I think I'd have exceeded C.

Wish I could hold 250 watts for 20 mins on the flat and not just the climbs :banghead:

I think ZP averages your best 3 rides to get your category

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Where did you go Andy and Dean?
Im ridning this as zone2 with intervals
Honestly!? :ohmy:

I saw you briefly on the climb, then you rode away from me. Dean passed me about half up KOM. I held on to his wheel until we entered the tunnel, where he dropped me.

I caught him again in the Jungle and we lets say 'Rode together' Actually I was hanging in there like grim death:laugh:. I stayed with him right to the point where the road tips down from the jungle. I took a swig of water and the group put the hammer down, twang went the elastic, 40 seconds lost to his pack :cry:

I wasn't going to let that happen again, so a group formed with me and we rode into the finish. There must of been 12 of us. I had a drafting boost to use. Everyone went with 250 to go. I hit boost, dropped onto small cog and went for it. Nothing happened for what seemed an age, then all of a sudden my avatar started cutting through my pack. I took my group sprint :hyper: with a modest 800W sprint.:blink:

Lots of positives within the event, I felt ok even though near max threshold, I recovered reasonably well during the descents and I could dig in for periods. I enjoyed my little battle with Dean, who must of thought WTF. He shouldn't of said he would drop me like a stone :boxing:

1.21.02 for me

LBHIFI

Veteran
Well, you sprinted past me at 6.5wkg up the KOM. Hope that's not your Zone 2? :surrender: 3.2wkg avg. is not zone 2 either, right?
No ^_^ I was doing zone 2 with intervals all the way up the KOM. At the end of the jungle I latched on to a group going a bit harder than my Zone2, I was actually surpised how fast they went, considering we were in position 300+

LBHIFI

Veteran
Honestly!? :ohmy:

1.21.02 for me
Well I did intend to go full gas all the way, but realized quite early that it was not to be, so changed to plan B.
I think I won about 100 places doing the KOM intervals. Lost them all again doing strictly zone 2 up the jungle hill.
It was 20-30 seconds max each 1½ min. I would have thought the relatively short intervals wouldn't be enough to make up for the 1½ min at zone 2 , but I was proven wrong.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Well I did intend to go full gas all the way, but realized quite early that it was not to be, so changed to plan B.
I think I won about 100 places doing the KOM intervals. Lost them all again doing strictly zone 2 up the jungle hill.
It was 20-30 seconds max each 1½ min. I would have thought the relatively short intervals wouldn't be enough to make up for the 1½ min at zone 2 , but I was proven wrong.

It all depends where the intervals and recovery are. zone 2 going up hill will see you dropped most likely. HIT going downhill with a pack and It unlikely you would get away from them

It seems there are alot more riders who swiftly pass me on climbs these days. I lost 250 places on the KOM:ohmy:

mjd1988

Guru
1.24.23 - glad that's over!

Some amazing times posted today, @CXRAndy annoyingly you've destroyed my "my time was a good time for a big lad" argument before I've even made it!

Shelled 179 places up the Kom, made 50 back on the descent (even using supertuck) and then largely stayed where I was, in a decent group and a good workout. Hate hate hate the jungle, mentally it just makes me feel like I'm working harder than I am.

Onwards and upwards (or preferably onwards and downhill)

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
1.24.23 - glad that's over!

Some amazing times posted today, @CXRAndy annoyingly you've destroyed my "my time was a good time for a big lad" argument before I've even made it!

Shelled 179 places up the Kom, made 50 back on the descent (even using supertuck) and then largely stayed where I was, in a decent group and a good workout. Hate hate hate the jungle, mentally it just makes me feel like I'm working harder than I am.

Onwards and upwards (or preferably onwards and downhill)

Since Zwift have introduced surface drag, the jungle is really hard work:heat:

Top Bottom