Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
51:07
I wasn't going to race, as I've never riden the course before I was going to use the time to do a recon but I got carried away, then Carl put out his position which was 375th and I was 410 so the possibility of catching him up the final climb was to much to resist ^_^ with a mile to go I put the hammer down.

Great ride loved it, I might even do it again this time racing 👍
I was bleeding out of my eyes, I blinked the blood free and saw your avatar come past me. I had no idea you was near me, not that would have made any difference as I was on my @rse at the time. You came past like a steam train :laugh: On that second climb my legs were like lead and I was in 🐌 mode

Whorty

Cheers Carl.

First time I've ridden that course. It's a tough climb but if you can dig in and get a rhythm going its doable. I was also lucky and got into a good group on the first descent that stayed together all the way out and and back to the second climb.

I'm sure that helped. It was the opposite of Stage 3 where I got isolated on the descent and where I'm sure I lost time.
I can't complain as I got into a decent group too after the 1st climb, although I had to work quite hard to stay with them. 4 of us came down the KoM together, picked up a couple more on the lower slopes. 2 guys were working hard and they dragged us along at a pace picking up riders left, right and centre. By the time we got to the start banner we had a group of about 20 and these stayed together to the base of the KoM for second climb. I hit that in 375 position; I finished the climb in 377 on the road. Seems I wasn't the only one suffering on that hill tonight :biggrin:

peterob

Veteran
@Pistol Pete. Get the spreadsheet whirring before the time gets beat please amigo! 😁

43:44
Sorry Tommy - the spreadsheet is on my work pc so I won’t be able to update until Monday I’m afraid.

Anyway, you’re currently sitting pretty at the top of the table, so I don’t think any further massaging of your ego is necessary mate :tongue:

Some great times tonight:bravo:

Del C

Veteran
I thought I'd put this in a separate post.

I got the results of my CT scan today by letter to the cardiologist, copied to me. Although I've yet to hear from the cardiologist himself, and despite having to wade through a soup of medical jargon in the letter, I think its saying that I'm ok.

I've got some mild to moderate narrowing of an artery near where my stent was fitted but its described as 'non flow limiting' and the summary is that 'only medical management' of my condition is needed, which I assume means no need for any other intervention. Apart from the narrowing they mention, everything else seems to be absolutely clear and normal.

Of course, I'll need to speak to the cardiologist and gets his take on this before I can confirm things are ok and what 'medical management' actually means, but for now I'm feeling more positive and hopeful.

Breedon

Legendary Member

I got the results of my CT scan today by letter to the cardiologist, copied to me. Although I've yet to hear from the cardiologist himself, and despite having to wade through a soup of medical jargon in the letter, I think its saying that I'm ok.

I've got some mild to moderate narrowing of an artery near where my stent was fitted but its described as 'non flow limiting' and the summary is that 'only medical management' of my condition is needed, which I assume means no need for any other intervention. Apart from the narrowing they mention, everything else seems to be absolutely clear and normal.

Of course, I'll need to speak to the cardiologist and gets his take on this before I can confirm things are ok and what 'medical management' actually means, but for now I'm feeling more positive and hopeful.
Great news Del 👍

JuhaL

Guru
Sorry Tommy - the spreadsheet is on my work pc so I won’t be able to update until Monday I’m afraid.

Anyway, you’re currently sitting pretty at the top of the table, so I don’t think any further massaging of your ego is necessary mate :tongue:

Some great times tonight:bravo:
It's a good thought to wait monday anyway, i do then my S4. Not for sure yet but i might be then next 2-weeks on walkout. Here is unions industrial actions in progress concerning collective agreement.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Sounds like great news mate 👍👍

And fair play for taking away a possible excuse. Most out of character 😁

peterob

Veteran

Sounds top news Del. You can celebrate by having another full-pelt crack at S4 again this weekend ^_^

Whorty

Great news :okay:

Joffey

Big Dosser
Well that's the first TdZ ride I've really enjoyed... which probably means I wasn't going hard enough :laugh:

Finished with a time of 1:09:54 (@peterob) and a new FTP of 208.

I think I could have gone harder on the climb, tried to stick to 230 watts for the steep bits but maybe could have pushed a bit more. I might try that again as it's not a 2hr ride so my gooch can take it.

(Does anyone get pins and needles in their lady gardens when doing these rides? Or do I need a new saddle?) :eek:

Whorty

Well that's the first TdZ ride I've really enjoyed... which probably means I wasn't going hard enough :laugh:

Finished with a time of 1:09:54 (@peterob) and a new FTP of 208.

I think I could have gone harder on the climb, tried to stick to 230 watts for the steep bits but maybe could have pushed a bit more. I might try that again as it's not a 2hr ride so my gooch can take it.

(Does anyone get pins and needles in their lady gardens when doing these rides? Or do I need a new saddle?) :eek:
Well done @Joffey

re pins and needles in the nether regions .... I do get a numb 'little Whorty' every now and then :tongue: Not overly pleasant.

Top Bottom