Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Re docs, took my wifey to docs this afternoon for a few tests. Whilst there I had my Hr and blood pressure tested.

Well chuffed with resting heart rate of 54 ^_^

Not so chuffed with blood pressure of 138/78 which looks like stage 1 hypertension :thumbsdown: Not sure how this impacts my riding, doc suggested I ask @<Tommy> for a score :laugh:

Joffey

Big Dosser
Re docs, took my wifey to docs this afternoon for a few tests. Whilst there I had my Hr and blood pressure tested.

Well chuffed with resting heart rate of 54 ^_^

Not so chuffed with blood pressure of 138/78 which looks like stage 1 hypertension :thumbsdown: Not sure how this impacts my riding, doc suggested I ask @<Tommy> for a score :laugh:

I take Ramipril for high blood pressure. Strangely I was diagnosed shortly after meeting my wife... I like to remind her of this now and again.

Marino.g

Veteran
Did the long ftp test on Zwift due to it being listed as 227w which I thought was too high.
The long lead up to the actual ftp test was a slog but I completed it and got a 210w so that feels about right.
I’m going to start a ftp Training workout schedule for 8 weeks on Monday as an experiment if nothing else and I’ll report back at the end of it to see if the ftp has improved.
That means no racing which is the down side and hopefully I’ll have the motivation to keep it going.

JuhaL

Guru
Did the long ftp test on Zwift due to it being listed as 227w which I thought was too high.
The long lead up to the actual ftp test was a slog but I completed it and got a 210w so that feels about right.
I’m going to start a ftp Training workout schedule for 8 weeks on Monday as an experiment if nothing else and I’ll report back at the end of it to see if the ftp has improved.
That means no racing which is the down side and hopefully I’ll have the motivation to keep it going.
I did my ramp test last week on Trainerroad and i start my 6-week low volume 2 base phase plans. After that i start next step which is build phase and that phase start with ramp test. If that ramp test show any progress i will carry on with build phase, otherwise i need to thing how to carry on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I did my ramp test last week on Trainerroad and i start my 6-week low volume 2 base phase plans. After that i start next step which is build phase and that phase start with ramp test. If that ramp test show any progress i will carry on with build phase, otherwise i need to thing how to carry on.

You'll know if the ftp figure given by TR is correct. The last 25% of the base training workouts require a degree of effort and mental strength to hold form.

If you're literally dying then the ftp number is a little high. Ive never felt that, TR is pretty good with its assessment

JuhaL

Guru
You'll know if the ftp figure given by TR is correct. The last 25% of the base training workouts require a degree of effort and mental strength to hold form.

If you're literally dying then the ftp number is a little high. Ive never felt that, TR is pretty good with its assessment
In a phase build plan are full of different variations and because of my shift work i select low 2 version which means 3 workouts/week, so i can fit them in my schedule well enough. When i did ramp test my legs was full of lactic acid so i think that was best what i could give then and i felt consistent with rides what i have done recently on Zwift, but i didn't felt that i am gonna pass away in a moment.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’ve been quietly accumulating some new parts over the last few months. My plan is to try and make one of my bikes as light a possible for next summer while trying not to compromise ride quality too much. It’s more of a hobby project rather than me expecting it to make much difference to my overall times or whatever. I think this computer mount is the last piece of the puzzle. I say ‘think’ because I could potentially get lighter pedals, but I’m not sure if I want to make the functionality sacrifice. The mount is designed specifically for the THM stem in the photo. The stem’s face plate bolts are situated at an odd angle which had made it hard to find a computer mount that can be bolted on in the conventional way. The computer mount is a pretty insane 9grams! With added 2 grams for the wahoo cradle and fixing screws.

All the new components combined aren't going to add up to more than a few hundred grams all in I don’t think. And it is a bit mental I guess but it keeps me entertained... The frame itself isn’t really a lightweight frame but I bought it for comfort first. So if I can get the whole build down to low 6kg numbers I’ll be happy enough.
I’m going to take note of weights and take photos of all the new parts and then compare to the old ones they’ll be replacing.
So on the off chance that you aren’t falling asleep already, and would like to see some more pics as I rebuild it. I thought I’d just try to garner interest.

Let me know if you’d rather I kept my carbon addiction to myself or you’d like to see more 😄

Attachments

• EC4C6B5A-9080-4E57-B4F2-EEE1EA4ADA52.jpeg
    EC4C6B5A-9080-4E57-B4F2-EEE1EA4ADA52.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I’ve been quietly accumulating some new parts over the last few months. My plan is to try and make one of my bikes as light a possible for next summer while trying not to compromise ride quality too much. It’s more of a hobby project rather than me expecting it to make much difference to my overall times or whatever. I think this computer mount is the last piece of the puzzle. I say ‘think’ because I could potentially get lighter pedals, but I’m not sure if I want to make the functionality sacrifice. The mount is designed specifically for the THM stem in the photo. The stem’s face plate bolts are situated at an odd angle which had made it hard to find a computer mount that can be bolted on in the conventional way. The computer mount is a pretty insane 9grams! With added 2 grams for the wahoo cradle and fixing screws.

View attachment 501930

All the new components combined aren't going to add up to more than a few hundred grams all in I don’t think. And it is a bit mental I guess but it keeps me entertained... The frame itself isn’t really a lightweight frame but I bought it for comfort first. So if I can get the whole build down to low 6kg numbers I’ll be happy enough.
I’m going to take note of weights and take photos of all the new parts and then compare to the old ones they’ll be replacing.
So on the off chance that you aren’t falling asleep already, and would like to see some more pics as I rebuild it. I thought I’d just try to garner interest.

View attachment 501932

View attachment 501933

Let me know if you’d rather I kept my car on addiction to myself or you’d like to see more 😄

Wheels, saddle parts, handlebars :okay:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Wheels, saddle parts, handlebars :okay:

You know it! :smile:

I’m going to cheat a bit... I’m going to weigh the bike first with my heaviest wheels (zipp 404’s). And then when I’ve put all the new lighter parts on I’m going to put my lightest wheels on to exaggerate the weight difference to its two extremes. But I think I’ll be putting a heavier cassette on. Going from 11-28 to 11-32 as it’s going to be set up for the hills so maybe it’ll level it out a bit at least.

Hopefully I can make a start tomorrow if I can earn some browny points by replacing some skirting in the downstairs toilet first 😄

Top Bottom