Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
i'll try to post my position every now and then so peeps know where to come back to, to help me :laugh:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Well it depends if they've used real physics which is known and measurable. But even if they have, and even if you could replicate the conditions they've assumed there's still a whole bunch of ways they've tweaked things anyway - eg, halving the draft, reducing the effect of downhills, not having to slow for corners etc.

So I do agree trying to compare directly with real life is pretty pointless

Yeah for us we can try but it’s just a blind guess. It would be nice (for me at least) to see some statistical analysis. You can get rid of lots of the variables if you applied a bit of science.

Anyways....

Good luck tonight team (Green) Cyclechat!!!

If all else fails, hang on for dear life for as long as possible!!!

peterob

Veteran
Grrrrr that was annoyong.

I was all ready on the start line warming up when with just 30 secs to go I noticed that I wasn't showing any watts. All my Ant+ sensors weren't responding and no amount of fiddling/re-pairing got them going again :angry: They're working now again after a reboot.

I was looking forward to tonights course too.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I didn't want to make pre race excuses for fear of the excuse police but I really wasn't feeling it tonight - too much hard running and gym last night meant my legs were in pieces. Thought I would give it a go anyway - but that was painful! Well done all :thumbsup:

Milzy

Guru
I can't wait until we are all racing on veloton next year with more complex simulation physics, and weather. Don't forget steering either. It's funny how many zwifters want the most realistic experience ever apart from steering around riders.
I wasn't feeling it either. Did Mount Teide in a silly gear for nearly 4 hours at the weekend. Tired legs & knackered knee. Sadly dropped from a decent group and picked up a mini group to limp to the end.

mjd1988

Guru
Phew. Not sure what to make of that.

Legs felt amazing, and course purpose built for me, nearly took the opening sprint and was able to anticipate all the bumps thanks to the pre race report @Brusgaard posted. Got a bit lucky with the final sprint as I went too early but got in a perfect draft with a rider in front.

First time in ages I've calibrated the trainer and first good long warm up in ages, as well as a flat course...although I do take all that with a pinch of salt in case that was some fairy dust from the kickr snap. FTP increased by 6 watts, near at the level I peaked at last year on the wattbike, and just a little bit suspiciously high compared to recent outings. I think I'll go to the gym and do a another check on the wattbike to make sure I'm not inadvertently making things easy on myself.

Still, earned a guiness and a pancake I'm either case :cheers:

LBHIFI

Veteran
I guess that was ok for me. Lasted 14½ min this time with an avg. of 303 watts. Dropped on the descent and got into a group with Brusgaard. Eased down a bit until we got swallowed by a big group.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
That's what it is like in real life. Solo riders always find it difficult to break free. I would have thought that having more, closer together at the end would make for an exciting sprint finish
I guess most IRL races are several hours long whereas in Zwift every race is like a crit plus all riders are fresh so every breakaway attempt gets chased down. In double draft that makes it even more geared towards the blob being able to catch easier.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Way to go the Cs.:biggrin:

Michael 6th:okay:.

good showing overall. a bit disappointed I didn't anticipate the slope and got separated by the line out. I should have been nearer to the front. hey-ho

27th for me.
Sorry about the finish Andy .... completely misjudged that :banghead:I was expecting us to finish at the sprint arch for some reason!

Well done @mjd1988 - superb riding. And Del and Brendan too :okay: Really enjoyed riding as a team tonight.

I was on the edge when I dropped - I spotted the lead group was 35 so even me dropping we still had 3 in the group to score. I was thankful of that :laugh: Waited for Andy's group, latched on to the end. Shame I can't read the route beforehand :rolleyes:

Top Bottom