Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I Thought we finishing in the usual spot, but spotted 1.2 miles to finish. I wasn't familiar with finish, set off too late, didn't have much left, wrong gear and failed to hit 800W. :laugh:

We were all running on fumes Carl

It was frustrating to watch the lead group which was way bigger than my group ease away. Im not saying I could have stayed in the lead group, but I lost a fair bit of time

Last edited:

Del C

Veteran
Well that was my best ride for 2 months.

35.35 for me and 15th place.

Cracking rides from @mjd1988 to take 7th and @Brendan Parker one place back from me in 16th. Strong rides also from @CXRAndy @Whorty and @Freelanderuk

It really did make a difference tonight being able to see all the guys in the team. We all made the climb out of the desert in the lead group. Then it was down to 4 as Chris and Andy got gapped and then 3 after the climb to the Italian village, when Carl told us all he'd popped.

My start was much better tonight, but still not good enough as I was in 70th place out of about 140 as we left the pens, but I managed to work my way up into the lead group. Slipped back slightly on the climb out of the desert but got back on the descent.

Nearly lost the group through the volcano. That second little climb always seems to catch me out, but I decided to really go for it through the volcano and caught the lead group before the gap went out too far and then everything stayed together until the line.

Came back into the house and spewed all sorts of power information over the wife. She was ever so happy! :boxing::laugh:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Results keep improving :biggrin:

Im 24th now

There were just a few spots where it was really tough to hang in. I was bobbing around 10th, but sometimes slipping to 30th that was were I was positioned at the start of the slope.

You could tell everyone was struggling, because the pack became a near line. Then the inevitable, small gaps appeared, twang went the elastic draft. rest was history. I dug deep out of the volcano to stay in my pack and we picked up Carl

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Those results should have lifted the teams placing

Where are the placing results Chris?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I Thought we finishing in the usual spot
Yup, me too. Totally cocked that up. I was feeling Ok too, getting ready for the final push when everyone started sprinting. Caught me completely off guard.

It was frustrating to watch the lead group which was way bigger than my group ease away. I'm not saying I could have stayed in the lead group, but I lost a fair bit of time
There were a lot of sandbaggers, now DQ'd, pulling that group. Had it just been C riders I think you and Chris would have stayed in the group too. On that little climb, I had to average 292 watts for 1:20 to stay in that group; nearly 4 w/kg to hold on to a C group being torn apart by B riders. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by Zwift where riders can't join the wrong cat. It makes you work hard, which is good, but it really does change the dynamics of the race :wacko:

73DC92AA-0697-49A6-974F-F83CF04D212F.png

Top Bottom