Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What are tactics for tonight?

For me, I think the key section will be the bit out the pens, and the ramp up to the volcano. It's not steep, but it's long enough that some riders will be able to hang on almost to the top, then 'pop' and there is a risk of being caught in their sticky. It's going to have to be a balls out attack from the off to try and stay in the first 30 riders.

Once up the ramp the only risk points are the 2 little lumps on the volcano, and the little lump just before the start/finish banner (which it looks like is also the sprint section). I'm trying nothing fancy tonight, just hang on to the front group as long as I can, not go into the red, and wheel-suck for all it's worth :laugh:

A few riders from last week, like Del, have been pushed up to B cat, so we should all hopefully gain a few places tonight :okay: I've a feeling this one may push me over the edge though and I may be joining Del next week in B :sad:
haven't raced for weeks so it will be a case of hanging on for me tonight, will give it my best shot,
cant remember the jersey, was it all green stuff??

Norry1

Legendary Member
Just try and hang in there for me and try to pick up a few extra places as the race continues, as long as we finish in the top 30 we get points added to our total tally, must have a reccy of the race route

My pb for this was set October 6.34 2018 and 6.46 this January, what bike and wheels for tonight do you think will be best?

The British Cycling race I did was on the same circuit - I recorded it so if you don't get to ride it beforehand, you could look at how the race unfolded on this. Just ignore my waffling :smile:

I haven't watched the vid back, so apologies if it is rubbish :blush:

View: https://youtu.be/-8sQXJmTCs4

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
haven't raced for weeks so it will be a case of hanging on for me tonight, will give it my best shot,
cant remember the jersey, was it all green stuff??
Almost exactly like what I look like in real life :whistle:

Tonight it's probably the flatest course yet - no long climbs (apart from the drag out of the pens) with just those little lumps around the short volcano course. Could be a big, fast blob that once you're out the back of, you've no chance to get back on. Conversely, will be hard to break away as the blob will chase down anyone who tries to solo :tongue: I'll be wheel sucking, hopefully towards the front (unless I fail to make the initial blob formation :eek: )

1585057963939.png

The British Cycling race I did was on the same circuit - I recorded it so if you don't get to ride it beforehand, you could look at how the race unfolded on this. Just ignore my waffling :smile:

I haven't watched the vid back, so apologies if it is rubbish :blush:

View: https://youtu.be/-8sQXJmTCs4

Cheers enjoyed watching that ,will ride the route on my warm up, First time I have seen the ghost and burrito power ups

Whorty

Cheers enjoyed watching that ,will ride the route on my warm up, First time I have seen the ghost and burrito power ups
I was expecting us to turn left as we entered the volcano section and not right like Martin .... does anyone know for sure tonight? Is that what the CCW means (reverse route?).

Norry1

Legendary Member
I was expecting us to turn left as we entered the volcano section and not right like Martin .... does anyone know for sure tonight? Is that what the CCW means (reverse route?).

Yes. We did CCW.

So there is only one real bit of climb and that is straight after the NEXT bridhe. It climbs 65 feet - best to keep the power on until through the start/finish.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I lost the lead group quite quickly today - but all groups started together and there were real riders in A like Jon Mould and Kim Little so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

peterob

Veteran
New bike time! :biggrin:

I've been cheering myself up in these troubling times by building up a winter/gravel bike. Not sure when I'll get to ride it (and then only once a day!) as I've been having difficulty sourcing a gear hanger for it - it's a NS Bikes RAG+ frame. I've not been able to find any available in the UK but it looks like I've found one in Germany which I should receive next week.

I'll post some pics later when I've finished putting it together (bar the RD). :rolleyes:

Whorty

Yes. We did CCW.

So there is only one real bit of climb and that is straight after the NEXT bridhe. It climbs 65 feet - best to keep the power on until through the start/finish.
Yes, just watched you from start and through a full lap. That first drag took you about 45 seconds, so we'll need to plan for 50 ish. And the lumps in each lap were about 20 seconds or so. None big, but with such short laps, they are going to wear my little legs down :surrender:

Last edited:
Top Bottom