Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Just about to start the London PRL Full ,6 plus hours in the saddle šŸ˜„šŸš“ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ„“
Good luck Chris .... :okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Itā€™s tough to choose what to wear this time of year. arms and leg warmers are good because you can whip them off as you get warmer. The maybe a short sleeved jersey with a base layer underneath. Then again if youā€™re using the cc jersey with any luck the constant burny itchy feeling should warm you up a bit! šŸ˜„

Yeah I commute on the fixed gear. Iā€™m still working at the moment and I might use one of my summer bikes for a change because itā€™s so deserted where Iā€™m based I donā€™t have to worry about it being tampered with. Iā€™ve built the blue bike up so maybe Iā€™ll give that a test ride next week

I cycle straight through the middle of central London, through the west end and Whitehall, along the embankment passed mi5 and the Tate, and over Vauxhallā€™s bridge. In fact I pick up a bit of the zwift London route along the way. I have a go pro and I should really film my journey one day soon. It might be a bit boring to the majority but I think itā€™s worth recording just because of unique circumstances. Itā€™s also quite funny comparing to zwift maybe. The roads arenā€™t quite as silky smoove and Iā€™ve yet to be cheered on as I go around parliament square. Any day now though...
London is unrecognisable to anyone familiar with its bustling nature. There are still cars and people on the streets. But I pass dozens instead of the usual thousands along the way.
Iā€™ve taken to skipping multiple lights on normally busy intersections along my commute as theyā€™re now completely deserted. Something I would never do under normal circumstances. But the only creatures around to tut and judge me are the local pigeon population. Strange times...
I did have a look at your routes on Strava and I had pang of homesickness .... I used to love cycling around London, exploring areas I didn't know too well. If you want to make an old man happy I'd happily look through your Go-Pro video mate :okay: I know those roads really well as I'd often use the same route out from west end, to parliament sq and Vauxhall bridge to go home.

Must be really weird riding during rush hour, but there being no 'rush'.

LBHIFI

Veteran
That or they werenā€™t at their limit. Youā€™d have to see the numbers I guess but I know in the past pro riders just donā€™t take it as seriously as the amateurs trying to take their scalp.
That it bkool pro is still Denmarkā€™s most popular turbo trainer? šŸ˜„

(No this isnā€™t me criticising the danish series. Just my usual cynical self...)
It doesn't make sense to join such a short race just to pootle around. I agree with the writeup at Feltet.dk, that they lack the Zwift experience of the other riders. They got caught in a second group after a sprint, and the speed of the front group was just too high for them to stand a chance of catching them. In fact the speed was higher than the ProAm race on the same course.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
It doesn't make sense to join such a short race just to pootle around. I agree with the writeup at Feltet.dk, that they lack the Zwift experience of the other riders. They got caught in a second group after a sprint, and the speed of the front group was just too high for them to stand a chance of catching them. In fact the speed was higher than the ProAm race on the same course.

No I donā€™t think theyā€™d join up to pootle either. Just dint think theyā€™ll be going al out. Definitely I think a lack of experience at ā€˜playing the gameā€™ will be a factor. But also they just wonā€™t be as motivated as the people trying to scalp them. You see it across all sports really. Big teams struggle to find the motivation against small teams. And then surprises happen. lots of amateur golfers, tennis players, darts players, snooker players (Pick any sport) etc etc have stories of the time they beat a pro in an exhibition match. I just dint think itā€™s really an indication of anything other than the pro not having his foot on the gas most the time. Itā€™s still must be a nice feeling to scalp them though! šŸ˜„

<Tommy>

I did have a look at your routes on Strava and I had pang of homesickness .... I used to love cycling around London, exploring areas I didn't know too well. If you want to make an old man happy I'd happily look through your Go-Pro video mate :okay: I know those roads really well as I'd often use the same route out from west end, to parliament sq and Vauxhall bridge to go home.

Must be really weird riding during rush hour, but there being no 'rush'.

Iā€™ll give it a go then šŸ‘. Iā€™ve had the GoPro a couple of years so itā€™s about time I used it anyway... no idea how to edit stuff or post it to be fair... but it might be better if I can speed it up a bit. It Might make me look a bit better too!

Norry1

Legendary Member
Iā€™ll give it a go then šŸ‘. Iā€™ve had the GoPro a couple of years so itā€™s about time I used it anyway... no idea how to edit stuff or post it to be fair... but it might be better if I can speed it up a bit. It Might make me look a bit better too!

I've had a GoPro in the drawer for a couple of years as well. Never used it :sad:

<Tommy>

I've had a GoPro in the drawer for a couple of years as well. Never used it :sad:

I reckon thereā€™s a load of them around the world just tucked away in cupboards. The missus was badgering me for Christmas present ideas and I couldnā€™t think of anything. Bit of a waste really...Lovely kit arenā€™t they. Maybe you should try doing a bit of filming too in these post apocalyptic like time.

JuhaL

Guru
No I donā€™t think theyā€™d join up to pootle either. Just dint think theyā€™ll be going al out. Definitely I think a lack of experience at ā€˜playing the gameā€™ will be a factor. But also they just wonā€™t be as motivated as the people trying to scalp them. You see it across all sports really. Big teams struggle to find the motivation against small teams. And then surprises happen. lots of amateur golfers, tennis players, darts players, snooker players (Pick any sport) etc etc have stories of the time they beat a pro in an exhibition match. I just dint think itā€™s really an indication of anything other than the pro not having his foot on the gas most the time. Itā€™s still must be a nice feeling to scalp them though! šŸ˜„
Itā€™s a same thing if join ToW special quest event and if i manage to finish the ride at a same time as a pro rider i will probably felt that i was good as those pro riders, knowing well that they ride Z1 zone and me Z100 zone. Feeling of satisfaction is enormous.

LBHIFI

Veteran
I just dint think itā€™s really an indication of anything other than the pro not having his foot on the gas most the time. Itā€™s still must be a nice feeling to scalp them though! šŸ˜„
Or they are just riding as they have always done. As mentioned by an ex-pro rider: The real difference is that the world tour riders can keep up this level for hours and hours.
So yes, they are probably not going full gas, but they will have to twist that throttle a bit in order to stand a chance in a 40 minute Zwift race.

Top Bottom