Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Only the second ride since getting it last October so still bedding in really. Feels fine, though I will take it back to the LBS once I've ridden it a few more times (and shop is open) just to have a check over to make sure everything tight etc.

It's really nice having the Di2 - didn't think I'd need it, but as my gear changing is so rubbish it gives me confidence.

A couple of little hills today with ramps of 6%-9% and they were easy with this gearing.

Just need some warm weather ...... I'm most definitely a fair weather cyclist :laugh:

I bought some new insulated trousers and waterproof shoes this winter. Lovely kit. Too lovely to be honest... because as a result felt obliged to commute all the way though what felt like the wettest winter in memory... There’s a lot to be said for being a fair weather cyclist believe me!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Edit: posted this before I saw @<Tommy> s post. How about some pictures? Same for @berty bassett your new bike outside yet?
Too cold to stop for pictures today .... rode for the whole time .... :cold:

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I bought some new insulated trousers and waterproof shoes this winter. Lovely kit. Too lovely to be honest... because as a result felt obliged to commute all the way though what felt like the wettest winter in memory... There’s a lot to be said for being a fair weather cyclist believe me!
I was always fine commuting in London, but I think since moving to the sticks I've got a bit soft. Didn't really dress for the weather today, but that was my fault - just my bib-shorts, CC Orange team top :wahhey: and a thin jacket.

Lesson learned - it might look sunny out there, but it's still March!

Which bike you been commuting on? The Fixie?

Last edited:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Photo Winner
Hi chaps! Haven’t been on at all this week - only 15 pages of banter since Monday - did I miss anything ^_^ - don’t answer!

I’ve been getting in lots of outdoor miles usually early morning which suits family life better for me. Hence no races for a fortnight or more on Zwift.

Planning a race tomorrow mind - 1115GMT 3R tick tock. This I hope could be my last CatA race as I’m due my downgrade on 7 April.

I see a new update has just realeased - make sure to leave some extra time when you next log in for it to update.

Don’t see anything major just Level restriction on Alpe D Z lowered to level 6, oh and you can’t swap between being a man and a woman anymore 🕺🏻💃🏼

bobinski

Legendary Member
I see a new update has just realeased - make sure to leave some extra time when you next log in for it to update.

Don’t see anything major just Level restriction on Alpe D Z lowered to level 6, oh and you can’t swap between being a man and a woman anymore 🕺🏻💃🏼
😢
Fortunately I can continue to do so in the comfort of my own home.

<Tommy>

I was always fine commuting in London, but I think since moving to the sticks I've got a bit soft. Didn't really dress for the weather today, but that was my fault - just my bib-shorts, CC Orange team top :wahhey: and a thin jacket.

Lesson learned - it might look sunny out there, but it's still March!

Which bike you been commuting on? The Fixie?

It’s tough to choose what to wear this time of year. arms and leg warmers are good because you can whip them off as you get warmer. The maybe a short sleeved jersey with a base layer underneath. Then again if you’re using the cc jersey with any luck the constant burny itchy feeling should warm you up a bit! 😄

Yeah I commute on the fixed gear. I’m still working at the moment and I might use one of my summer bikes for a change because it’s so deserted where I’m based I don’t have to worry about it being tampered with. I’ve built the blue bike up so maybe I’ll give that a test ride next week

I cycle straight through the middle of central London, through the west end and Whitehall, along the embankment passed mi5 and the Tate, and over Vauxhall’s bridge. In fact I pick up a bit of the zwift London route along the way. I have a go pro and I should really film my journey one day soon. It might be a bit boring to the majority but I think it’s worth recording just because of unique circumstances. It’s also quite funny comparing to zwift maybe. The roads aren’t quite as silky smoove and I’ve yet to be cheered on as I go around parliament square. Any day now though...
London is unrecognisable to anyone familiar with its bustling nature. There are still cars and people on the streets. But I pass dozens instead of the usual thousands along the way.
I’ve taken to skipping multiple lights on normally busy intersections along my commute as they’re now completely deserted. Something I would never do under normal circumstances. But the only creatures around to tut and judge me are the local pigeon population. Strange times...

Last edited:

<Tommy>

When a 2 x World Champion and a World Tour rider gets dumped, I think that underlines the high level. No wonder IrishAl took some beating in those A races.

That or they weren’t at their limit. You’d have to see the numbers I guess but I know in the past pro riders just don’t take it as seriously as the amateurs trying to take their scalp.
That it bkool pro is still Denmark’s most popular turbo trainer? 😄

(No this isn’t me criticising the danish series. Just my usual cynical self...)

Top Bottom