Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I am going to try and do the three Haute Route stages if I can - not yet sure what time I'll do today's though

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Trying to decide if I should have a go at these three routes, it does mess up my plans ... which are the Pack Slackers today, BMTR Fundo (B) tomorrow, and DIRT xtra Long ride (D) on Saturday. ... Although I will be honest and say that I will let the Tacx app control the trainer with Zwift just recording power/HR. That way I can take part without any temptation to overtrain ... Nice Zone 2 Aerobic workout ... what more does anyone need :angel:

Aleman

Dammit!!! Never could resist a challenge have signed up for all three at 14:00!!! This is all your fault you know!!!

Del C

Veteran
I'm hoping to do the 17.00 Haute Route

I'd like to do all 3 but I've got our Virtual Club Run tomorrow morning so Saturday may be out

BurningLegs

Veteran
Well done on a great result @Aleman - and it sounds like you'll be racing in Cat C very soon!

I'm sure you've seen the posts on here already, but there is a Danish league starting on Monday that has a good CycleChat contingent in C. If you enter it in Cat C now then you will probably find it tough for the first 2-3 weeks but will contribute to the team with a finishers point. By the end of the league (I think it's at least 10 weeks if I remember correctly) you will probably be holding onto the pack and adding even more points for "Team CC" :okay:

Marino.g

Veteran
I've entered Cat D :okay:
I’ve entered on Monday to give Joffey some support in the group d work permitting.
I’m in the food industry and been visiting food factories everyday and to be honest it’s getting quite scary.
They are all flat out producing food and in cramp conditions where the 2 meter rule is impossible.
One guy in Wellington near Taunton was taken ill on the Sunday and passed on the Wednesday with Corona (RIP).
He was a member of the cheddar valley advanced motorcycling club which I’ve not heard off.
Stay safe!!

Aleman

I'm sure you've seen the posts on here already, but there is a Danish league starting on Monday that has a good CycleChat contingent in C. If you enter it in Cat C now then you will probably find it tough for the first 2-3 weeks but will contribute to the team with a finishers point. By the end of the league (I think it's at least 10 weeks if I remember correctly) you will probably be holding onto the pack and adding even more points for "Team CC" :okay:
Nice try ;) But unless lock down lasts for 10 more weeks I'll have to bail from riding on a Monday, so don't want to commit to a league. ... The other issue is that my "Racing" is going to be strictly limited ... I'm working on a strict regime to improve endurance (which is my thing anyway) as I want to try and get in to the Mallorca 312 next year ... Certainly after Jan I will look at doing some "Short" sharp sessions where racing will fit in, just to help with the climbing

BurningLegs

Veteran
@Marino.g - I work in the food industry too. I work for a national manufacturer providing supermarkets with cupboard staples and demand has literally been higher than Christmas (which is our normal peak). We have operations in the South West so you may have visited one (or more) of our sites :smile:

In terms of the two meter rule - employees should be protected, and being a food manufacturer is not an exemption to the 2M rule as far as I'm aware?

Our sites are highly automated, but where there are employees working on a line they are usually shoulder to shoulder. We now have perspex screens in every such case (so it is cramped but there is still physical separation). We also have lots of floor markings like you see in the supermarkets to give visual representation of the 2M distance that is required between employees around every site.

If you are worried or concerned, you could contact the HSE - they are taking this seriously and I know that more than one of our sites have had visits from the HSE recently to observe our precautions. We haven't been given any guidance by the HSE (because we are in compliance) but they are doing inspections and do expect distancing rules to be followed by food manufacturers. If we hadn't taken measures to facilitate distancing, you can bet they'd have set a date for a follow up visit!

Last edited:
Top Bottom