Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Shall we have 'Sweepstakes'.

When will the lockdown be lifted?

5 points for with 30 days
10 points 15 days
20 .......7.
100..... for the day

Get choosing:biggrin:
Boring answer but I don't think it will end up being as clear cut as that and they'll lift some restrictions gradually (and possibly enforce them again later if needed) and at different times and possibly different places. If that's what happens it'll be hard to know exactly when to have the big party though!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Just logged on - Signed up for what ?

Ahh, and Happy Birthday Andy (or was that tomorrow?)

Shame you missed it Lars. Although thinking about it the course was very busy so maybe not the best event. Only 3000ft of climbing but it felt like peddling through mud!

Good to see you on the road @bridgy. I think it’s fair to say we both need to start racing again ASAP!
I don’t know about you but I took my foot off the gas with regards racing a couple of months ago trying to put in miles in preparation for the summer. Now those plans are slowly falling apart maybe we should try and meet up to race more? How’s the turbo holding up?

Del C

Veteran
Well that was a bit mad.

Signed up with almost 10k other Zwifters to ride the 17.00 Haute Route Stage 1 but sadly it looked like only just under 8k managed to make it to to the start line.

The start was absolute carnage. The social distancing was of very poor quality as we left the start pens like a mobile can of sardines. On the start of the KoM climb just after the start, there were riders going through the wall, riding on the grass and doing pirouettes on the road.

There was quite good banter on text, which unfortunately I can't remember at all. There were also a number of people saying they'd suddenly found themselves riding alone, while others managed to log out and log back in and rejoin the ride. After about 10 minutes it all settled down and from then on it was just like any well attended Zwift ride.

I rode it fairly steadily and felt good although I probably rode the Volcano climb a little harder than I'd intended to. It's so bloody hard to back off when you're riding in a good group!

Finished in 1.33.07. I'll make a decision on Stage 2 depending on how I feel after our Club Run in the morning.

Last edited:

LBHIFI

Veteran
All ready and waiting for the gear hanger :becool:

Itching to get out and see how it performs on road and trails.
View attachment 510211
Shame you missed it Lars. Although thinking about it the course was very busy so maybe not the best event. Only 3000ft of climbing but it felt like peddling through mud!

Good to see you on the road @bridgy. I think it’s fair to say we both need to start racing again ASAP!
I don’t know about you but I took my foot off the gas with regards racing a couple of months ago trying to put in miles in preparation for the summer. Now those plans are slowly falling apart maybe we should try and meet up to race more? How’s the turbo holding up?
Just reading this page, I don't know what you are takling about, but it seems like it doesn't matter anymore.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Hi all.

Glad to see everyone still biking away. I’ve been tied up quite a bit building an Irish Zwift Community team so not getting much time on here. :sad:

Despite working from home for 3 weeks now I’m as busy as ever. I have quite a few friends who are self employed in the building trade and the like and it’s been tough on them. Me, the wife and two kids haven’t left the house other than a nip to the shop less than a mile away and a few shortish outdoor rides. I feel like I’m in a bit of a bubble with the news my only outlet for what’s happening in the real world. Hope everyone stays safe! Mind yourselves.

And on a positive note I got my downgrade to Cat B yesterday!!!:whistle:

Haute boys they have added another slot for the rides, starts five mins later and at the minute a lot less people.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Hello folks,

I've just arrived here at the end of the thread and was wondering if any of you could offer a bit of advice/point me in the right direction.

Mrs Tenkay and I have our first smart trainer arriving on Tuesday. It's an "Elite Novo" from Halfords. Mrs Tenkay is an experienced cyclist and has done LEJOG self supported, I've only been cycling for a couple of years and all of that on a Brompton.

I'm on the very vulnerable list ( over 70, underlying health issues) so not allowed out of the house, Mrs Tenkay is in her 60's with no health issues so she can get her daily exercise OK.

We're both keen to explore the possibilities that the new trainer offers, especially the courses like Yorkshire.

Mrs Tenkay and I were wondering if there is a particular app/platform suitable for a beginner that will allow us to bimble along to the best of our abilities, and then perhaps offer more of a challenge as our fitness improves.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum to ask the question.

Tenkay

<Tommy>

Just reading this page, I don't know what you are takling about, but it seems like it doesn't matter anymore.

Sorry I should of explained better. There’s a three day event called the ‘haute’ of something thing similar. All three rides have a bit of climbing. Still today and tomorrow to do if you fancy joining. Yesterday the events were very oversubscribed. And for some reason everyone was sqaushed into a tiny space. I took the photo below when there was about 6000 riders. I think over 800 started.

<Tommy>

Hello folks,

I've just arrived here at the end of the thread and was wondering if any of you could offer a bit of advice/point me in the right direction.

Mrs Tenkay and I have our first smart trainer arriving on Tuesday. It's an "Elite Novo" from Halfords. Mrs Tenkay is an experienced cyclist and has done LEJOG self supported, I've only been cycling for a couple of years and all of that on a Brompton.

I'm on the very vulnerable list ( over 70, underlying health issues) so not allowed out of the house, Mrs Tenkay is in her 60's with no health issues so she can get her daily exercise OK.

We're both keen to explore the possibilities that the new trainer offers, especially the courses like Yorkshire.

Mrs Tenkay and I were wondering if there is a particular app/platform suitable for a beginner that will allow us to bimble along to the best of our abilities, and then perhaps offer more of a challenge as our fitness improves.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum to ask the question.

Tenkay

Hi Tenkay and welcome!

This is the zwift sub forum do most likely you’ll get a lot of people saying try Zwift. There is also a bkool and a bigringvr sub forum here. I’d recommend you try all three and form your own opinion as there are pro’s and cons to all three and it’s really personal preference. I believe all three offer free trials so it’s a nice way of choosing with no commitment to spend money.

On a side note don’t hesitate to ask any technical questions you might have. Good luck!

Last edited:
Top Bottom