Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
Was planning a long one today, either Mega or Uber Pretzel on Watopia, but having a bit of an emergency (not covid-19) at the moment and waiting for services to arrive for wife so not sure when I'll start. If I can get on by 11 I'll still try the Uber, else I'll go with Mega . Both going to be 5+ hours I think so, with wifey as she is, probably be 1 hour on, 5 mins off to help her do 'stuff', then back on and repeat. The mini breaks will be welcome I think as the ride goes on ^_^
Hope Mrs @Whorty is ok

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Many thanks,
The penny has just dropped! Looking at the thread title I misread it and thought that " Zwift, Bkool, and Splitter were all Apps :rolleyes:
What a plonker!
hi and welcome
just seen your post , if i was you i would try bkool ( there is another thread - team bkool ) and they would help you , they are nice people - well some of them are- well one of them is - sometimes
bkool offers more choice as in cartoon world or real video or racing but it doesnt do it as well as it could
most of us here started in bkool and migrated to zwift and some of us still miss bkool
brvr is all live video but not many people
zwift is cartoon world where you can do work outs , races or just bimble about but no real video - and new york is horrible !
there are a few more like rouvy and road grand tours that are all doing a trial period i believe
some are a pita to get your head round but stick with them and happy riding !
if you go to the team bkool thread say hello from the splitters !

Tenkaykev

Guru
hi and welcome
just seen your post , if i was you i would try bkool ( there is another thread - team bkool ) and they would help you , they are nice people - well some of them are- well one of them is - sometimes
bkool offers more choice as in cartoon world or real video or racing but it doesnt do it as well as it could
most of us here started in bkool and migrated to zwift and some of us still miss bkool
brvr is all live video but not many people
zwift is cartoon world where you can do work outs , races or just bimble about but no real video - and new york is horrible !
there are a few more like rouvy and road grand tours that are all doing a trial period i believe
some are a pita to get your head round but stick with them and happy riding !
if you go to the team bkool thread say hello from the splitters !

Thanks, I'll wander on over and take a look... 👍

JuhaL

Guru
I did the Tour of Fire and Ice yesterday. I used it to do my 6 x 3 minute @ 300W workout. So I got PRs on several of the Hairpin segments but not on the overall climb :smile: I suspect people wondered what the hell I was doing :smile:
I don’t think so. Because it wasn’t a race and other riders concentrate mostly their own rides, they won’t much pay attention what other riders does :smile:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Given the various sportives etc are cancelled this year, anyone fancy a different challenge?

1586016754845.png

From June 16, we will hold the first ever Virtual Race Across America (VRAAM), utilising a customised Zwift Environment.

The driving motivation for this journey is to enable riders all over the world to continue with and enter the RAAM family.

While this is a virtual Race Across America, for VRAAM we will be offering two categories:

1. RAAM - 3,000miles
2. RAW - 925miles

Both categories will have a 12 day time limit to ride. This is a race with the distance requirements of RAAM, but it will follow a ZWIFT course (which we are still developing) with the emphasis still being on endurance and enjoyment.

We want to foster the positive message of cycling and the opportunity of pushing one’s limits to an acceptable level.

Race HQ will be a real RAAM set-up in Sydney Australia where Rupert Guinness will be taking on this challenge (more on this in weeks to come) and be joined by an array of professional cyclists and athletes in the virtual world where every one of you will have the opportunity to ride with them.

It’s a cycling challenge that will see you get plenty of ‘Mental Miles’ under your belt - a cycling challenge like none other.

We look forward to having you join us as we take on VRAAM.

Regards
Anthony Gordon
VRAAM Project Manager

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
3000 mile in 12 days ! Have I read that wrong 😳 on a turbo ! - you can count me out
Ha ha ha .... I know. I just did the Mega Pretzel, 70 miles/4 hours, and I feel like I've been beaten up. This challenge would be something like 12 hours + per day, every day, for 12 days :eek:

You don't even get the unemployed badge at the end of it :laugh:

Top Bottom