Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Lovely outdoor ride today but paying the price. Heavy legs (feeling the stairs) and light headed when standing up from sitting so think I went a bit hard.
Hoping to be recovered for the league on Monday!

Do you drink something with electrolytes in BL?

Brusgaard

Über Guru
It would fee like something special to me if I managed to complete it.

Sure, but the event in iitself is nothing that hasn’t been done before. Zwift didn’t want to get involved when Michael did it, and he is not doing it again just because Zwift suddenly now wants to monetize on the cancellation.

Just listened to a podcast today with a former Zwift ambassador (and former UCI Track World Champion) and he had quite a few examples where Zwift had been contacted by official Pro race organizers to do some races. But Zwift wanted to be in complete control of events more or less keeping the organizers out of the loop. Thus they never happened.

He was also very doubtful of official nationals this year as the national cycling organisations would have no say in organizing them, as Zwift wanted full control. Bkool doing that virtual Tour of Flanders tomorrow was applauded by him, as Zwift‘s actions in those regards call for competitors to step in.

JuhaL

Guru
I think Zwift is not place for extreme sport, Zwift is more like connect people together. If someone like to break the barriers let him or her do it individually if it thinks it worthy. Maybe there is more than one person who can do that 3000mile challenge but who really care, honestly. I think most of a people who like to ride on Zwift like to face challenges what are reasonable, no one want's to kill themself on a trainer at home.

edit. just felt that i need to say this.

Milzy

Guru
I think Zwift is not place for extreme sport, Zwift is more like connect people together. If someone like to break the barriers let him or her do it individually if it thinks it worthy. Maybe there is more than one person who can do that 3000mile challenge but who really care, honestly. I think most of a people who like to ride on Zwift like to face challenges what are reasonable, no one want's to kill themself on a trainer at home.

Couldn't agree more.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Do you drink something with electrolytes in BL?
Yeah - SiS hydro tablets. I regularly suffered cramps years ago but the hydration tablets knock it on the head and I can’t remember the last time I suffered from cramp thankfully :smile:

I use the 0Kcal version but add 50g sugar to each bottle when I ride outdoors (don’t bother on the turbo unless it’s a 90min+ session).

<Tommy>

Sure, but the event in iitself is nothing that hasn’t been done before. Zwift didn’t want to get involved when Michael did it, and he is not doing it again just because Zwift suddenly now wants to monetize on the cancellation.

Just listened to a podcast today with a former Zwift ambassador (and former UCI Track World Champion) and he had quite a few examples where Zwift had been contacted by official Pro race organizers to do some races. But Zwift wanted to be in complete control of events more or less keeping the organizers out of the loop. Thus they never happened.

He was also very doubtful of official nationals this year as the national cycling organisations would have no say in organizing them, as Zwift wanted full control. Bkool doing that virtual Tour of Flanders tomorrow was applauded by him, as Zwift‘s actions in those regards call for competitors to step in.

I’m not sure what any of that stuff has got to do with a challenge that tough feeling special to complete.? I never heard of that danish dude to be honest. But just because he’s done it already wouldn’t make any difference to my sense of achievement. If we going to start comparing everything we do to top athletes rather than our own ability then we may as well stay in bed.

<Tommy>

Im not sure juhal. If people want to use zwift anyway they want isn’t that up to them? you like one thing some else likes it another way. Isn’t that the beauty of a free and open society?

Maybe I misunderstand you.

<Tommy>

Yeah - SiS hydro tablets. I regularly suffered cramps years ago but the hydration tablets knock it on the head and I can’t remember the last time I suffered from cramp thankfully :smile:

I use the 0Kcal version but add 50g sugar to each bottle when I ride outdoors (don’t bother on the turbo unless it’s a 90min+ session).

It does sound like a fueling problem though doesn’t it? I mean the light headedness rather than the general fatigue. I’m no expert at all I find all this stuff quite hit and miss to be honest. But if I’m like that after a ride I’ll take a dioralyte tablet and get some food down my neck and I ‘normally’ bounce back quicker for it.

JuhaL

Guru
Im not sure juhal. If people want to use zwift anyway they want isn’t that up to them? you like one thing some else likes it another way. Isn’t that the beauty of a free and open society?

Maybe I misunderstand you.
What i meant was are the Zwifters willing to do something very extreme, of course it's up to them but is it really wisely, that's what i meant as well. When you do something really extreme you might need something healthcare next to you if something goes wrong and i thing you really need to think twice is it worthy.

<Tommy>

What i meant was are the Zwifters willing to do something very extreme, of course it's up to them but is it really wisely, that's what i meant as well. When you do something really extreme you might need something healthcare next to you if something goes wrong and i thing you really need to think twice is it worthy.

Well that’s a little different isn’t it? One person might have a heart attack going up the alpe once. Someone else could do it 10 times and not think much of it.

To be honest I think there a lot of people who wouldn’t consider that challenge at all extreme. Not that I’m one of them!

JuhaL

Guru
Well that’s a little different isn’t it? One person might have a heart attack going up the alpe once. Someone else could do it 10 times and not think much of it.

To be honest I think there a lot of people who wouldn’t consider that challenge at all extreme. Not that I’m one of them!
Actually my comment involved more about that Race Across America 3000miles in 12-days what i think is very extreme. Sure climb alpe du zwift can be challenge as well, including for me and some people it’s overwhelming difficult.

<Tommy>

Actually my comment involved more about that Race Across America 3000miles in 12-days what i think is very extreme. Sure climb alpe du zwift can be challenge as well, including for me and some people it’s overwhelming difficult.

Yes to some very extreme, to others not so much. But either way I think it’s up to them. Freedom to use zwift how they like 👍.

Top Bottom