Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
Yes to some very extreme, to others not so much. But either way I think it’s up to them. Freedom to use zwift how they like 👍.
Yes but how many are ready to do that as a groupride or race. Maybe more than i can imagine i guess.

edit. never mind, i go to sleep now :hello:

Last edited:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I’m not sure what any of that stuff has got to do with a challenge that tough feeling special to complete.? I never heard of that danish dude to be honest. But just because he’s done it already wouldn’t make any difference to my sense of achievement. If we going to start comparing everything we do to top athletes rather than our own ability then we may as well stay in bed.

Again, I'm talking about this "the first ever" event, which isn't a first ever. I'm pretty sure others have done something like this on BKOOL or Zwift to raise money for a cause or just the challenge, but we never heard about it. Michael has done lots of crazy stuff both indoors and outdoors, and I actually think he was one of the first to do an "Everesting" on BKOOL some years ago, where he climbed d'Huez 8 times in a row (without the downhill part).
Today he rides for Team POAUTO on Zwift, so go ahead and race him and compare yourself against him. :smile: Here's his ZP profile: https://zwiftpower.com/profile.php?z=76018

I have never heard of any UK ultra cyclists either, so don't be sorry about not knowing the Danish ones. :smile:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Again, I'm talking about this "the first ever" event, which isn't a first ever. I'm pretty sure others have done something like this on BKOOL or Zwift to raise money for a cause or just the challenge, but we never heard about it. Michael has done lots of crazy stuff both indoors and outdoors, and I actually think he was one of the first to do an "Everesting" on BKOOL some years ago, where he climbed d'Huez 8 times in a row (without the downhill part).
Today he rides for Team POAUTO on Zwift, so go ahead and race him and compare yourself against him. :smile: Here's his ZP profile: https://zwiftpower.com/profile.php?z=76018

I have never heard of any UK ultra cyclists either, so don't be sorry about not knowing the Danish ones. :smile:

Brussgarrd you said and I quote: “The Dane Michael Knudsen already did this on Zwift last year, so nothing special about it.”

So because someone had already done it there is nothing special about it. I said that if I did it, it would feel special to me. I don’t know why that’s hard for you to get. But I don’t compare myself to other people to value my achievements.
It seems fairly straight forward. How far do you want to go with this?

No offence but I don’t know any Uk ultra distance cyclists either. You know why? Because I’m not really interested in following other people. I don’t have time to be honest. You seem to be. Totally up to you. Night 👍

BurningLegs

Veteran
It does sound like a fueling problem though doesn’t it? I mean the light headedness rather than the general fatigue. I’m no expert at all I find all this stuff quite hit and miss to be honest. But if I’m like that after a ride I’ll take a dioralyte tablet and get some food down my neck and I ‘normally’ bounce back quicker for it.
I find it hit and miss too. I can do the same route, in the same time (so similar effort) with the same fuelling but get different results.

I’m all good this morning but it does feel like I should have done something differently yesterday. I think I will try and pay closer attention to food and drink on the build up to a ride (if I ride outdoors it’s usually PM so two meals and a snack in me - I will go for higher calories and focus on hydration).

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I find it hit and miss too. I can do the same route, in the same time (so similar effort) with the same fuelling but get different results.

I’m all good this morning but it does feel like I should have done something differently yesterday. I think I will try and pay closer attention to food and drink on the build up to a ride (if I ride outdoors it’s usually PM so two meals and a snack in me - I will go for higher calories and focus on hydration).

Same temperate? 🤷‍♂️

Like you say it’s definitely worth just changing things up and trying to keep a note of what you’re doing. We’re all built slightly differently too of course. I lose a lot of water during rides (polite way of saying I sweat like a pig!). So I do have to make sure I drink at a fairly steady rate. @kipster can knock out a long ride with a thimble if water and a dairy Lee slice. I’m exagerating slightly but not by much!

kipster

Guru
I drank 300ml on a 36 mile ride yesterday and had a nibble of a veloforte bar 😀

Generally about 500-700ml on a 60 mile ride depended on how lumpy it is, others I ride with will get through 2*750ml bottles on the same ride. I think I got through 2*750ml when I did the 90 mile devil ride with a few cc'ers.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I think Zwift is not place for extreme sport, Zwift is more like connect people together. If someone like to break the barriers let him or her do it individually if it thinks it worthy. Maybe there is more than one person who can do that 3000mile challenge but who really care, honestly. I think most of a people who like to ride on Zwift like to face challenges what are reasonable, no one want's to kill themself on a trainer at home.

edit. just felt that i need to say this.
For 99.9% of people I would agree, but some people just like to push themselves as hard, and as far, as their bodies allow them. Whether on Zwift, across America, around the world challenges. Extreme cycling probably not for me, but I do get why people do it.

Brits quite like these kinds of challenges (we currently hold the record for fastest man and fastest woman to cycle the globe : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Around_the_world_cycling_record). I say 'Brits', they're both Scots .... maybe they will do anything to get away from the cold Scottish weather :laugh:

Re the RAAM ... it seems over recent years the Austrian's having been enjoying a lot of success in this ride https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_Across_America

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It does sound like a fueling problem though doesn’t it? I mean the light headedness rather than the general fatigue. I’m no expert at all I find all this stuff quite hit and miss to be honest. But if I’m like that after a ride I’ll take a dioralyte tablet and get some food down my neck and I ‘normally’ bounce back quicker for it.
I get the light headedness, but I put it down to dehydration rather than fueling ... it's the sudden standing up that hits me, so lower blood pressure. I just have to ensure I drink enough after the ride, and not just during the ride.

Top Bottom