Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser

Is this green enough for tonight or is everyone using the green and white 'basic kit'?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
https://zwift.com/news/20534-race-recon-watopia-sand-and-sequoias/

One of those courses where I wonder if a lightweight setup would be useful even though it's quite flat. Far more likely to be dropped on the climb? Or could just go with tron and save energy before the climbs...tough one.

Looks like a much smaller field than the feltet races so tactics may be a bigger factor as well
Just checked out the league riders for tonight and none of the big hitters from the other league seem to be present. Definitely an opportunity for some of you guys to podium. I'm even hoping that the initial pace isn't too high and I can hold on to the front pack too (but don't tell the wife :whistle: )

The team have 5 in B, 6 in C and 2 in D :wahhey: Go team :hugs:

Last edited:

BurningLegs

Veteran
https://zwift.com/news/20534-race-recon-watopia-sand-and-sequoias/

One of those courses where I wonder if a lightweight setup would be useful even though it's quite flat. Far more likely to be dropped on the climb? Or could just go with tron and save energy before the climbs...tough one.

Looks like a much smaller field than the feltet races so tactics may be a bigger factor as well
A nice write-up, thanks for sharing.

My key take away is not to push for the entire KOM - only kick on the 5% - 6% sections to test the waters and see if riders can be dropped, but only if there are a few on the right side of the split. Worst case scenario would be to push hard and end up alone!

I'm going to go for an aero setup because I'm a comfortable climber, so happy to mush harder up the (rather tame) climbs carrying the additional weight which should help me hang on in the flat sections!

steverob

Guru
Unlikely I'll make this one - my legs are still like jelly after a 44 miler yesterday. Plus as I officially don't finish work until 6pm, it doesn't leave me much time to get changed, get the laptop, fans and bike set up and still get in the pens with time to warm up before the race starts.

Yes, I know I'm working from home so I could "decide" to take a quick break at say about 5:30 to do all this, but it would be just my luck that an issue would happen at just that moment that needs my attention (it always does) and I won't be able to get away.

But having raced this course before, I always found the toughest part for me was the rollers just as you enter Titans Grove but before you get to the actual climb. I lose SO much time there - possibly because I'll lose the group I'm in as they attack over each small lump and so I then lose their draft, but not be back far enough to be caught by the next pack down the road and get their draft instead, so I'm solo-ing between the two groups. On the actual climb itself I don't really lose all that much time by comparison.

Last edited:

Whorty

A nice write-up, thanks for sharing.

My key take away is not to push for the entire KOM - only kick on the 5% - 6% sections to test the waters and see if riders can be dropped, but only if there are a few on the right side of the split. Worst case scenario would be to push hard and end up alone!

I'm going to go for an aero setup because I'm a comfortable climber, so happy to mush harder up the (rather tame) climbs carrying the additional weight which should help me hang on in the flat sections!
Same here ... going for the Venge + 808/Disc setup. I figure if I can hold on to a group (any group!) on the flat then I should be able to stick with them over the lumps OK as I'm a better climber in C than I am flat rider.

Whorty

@Whorty @CXRAndy why don't you use the right nationality on ZwiftPower?
I wanted to ride under the Somalia flag, but even though you can select that on the Zwift website it doesn't show in game (I was hoping to be the top ranked Somalian cyclist on Zwift ^_^ ).

I changed it to Singapore ... one of my favourite cities. Brings back happy times of my wife and I travelling around the Far East a few years ago.

As for why not ride with the UK flag? Well, it's a game so it doesn't make any difference. Just like in game I have long ginger dreads :tongue:

Top Bottom