Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
Any tactics for the c race? I think we've got a nicely balanced squad of climbers and puncheurs.

That said; sprint for 4 minutes then hang on for 40km then sprint works well for me 😄

mjd1988

Guru
I see the numbers on other riders sometimes ... what do they mean?

I vaguely remember it was part of the verification for zwiftpower process?

Alongo

Guru
Ahh yes, of course... :okay:
Hi there, will be just testing the waters on today’s race. Not really been racing and not had much structure for a while. Although , many are probably in same boat .
Not ridden as a team before , is it possible to use team tactics at all or do you just try and get the best position possible. Is there any sprints at all today?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Any tactics for the c race? I think we've got a nicely balanced squad of climbers and puncheurs.

That said; sprint for 4 minutes then hang on for 40km then sprint works well for me 😄
My main tactic is to keep power below 300 watts at the start (preferably closer to 270) and to not push my chest too much. Without some of the monster riders this may allow me to keep controlled and stay in the lead group. If not, I'm going to have to suck it up and let myself drift back to a slower group.

With you, Brendan, Nick, Chris and Andy I don't think I'd be top 3 for our team anyway. I think you all push more power than me so have a better chance to hold on to the group during the long flat section at the start.

Whorty

Hi there, will be just testing the waters on today’s race. Not really been racing and not had much structure for a while. Although , many are probably in same boat .
Not ridden as a team before , is it possible to use team tactics at all or do you just try and get the best position possible. Is there any sprints at all today?
In C we try to use tactics - if, for example, we're in a group and we have a rider ahead in another group we sit in and let others in our group pull - in an aim to not chase down our team mate. The biggest buzz though is seeing team mates on the road and knowing there is a wheel there if we need it and course allows (I had a great ride with @Del C on the Richmond course when we were dropped from the lead group - sharing the pulling when we could, really helps).

I assume the sprints will be on the big arch going into Feugo Flats (so 2 sprints). I assume there will also be points up for grabs on the KoM on the Dinosaur section (again 2 goes at this).

Last edited:

mjd1988

Guru
In C we try to use tactics - if, for example, we're in a group and we have a rider ahead in another group we sit in and let others in our group pull - in an aim to not chase down our team mate. The biggest buzz though is seeing team mates on the road and knowing there is a wheel there if we need it and course allows (I had a great ride with @Del C on the Richmond course when we were dropped from the lead group - sharing the pulling when we could, really helps).

I assume the sprints will be on the big arch going into Feugo Flats (so 2 sprints). I assume there will also be points up for grabs on the KoM on the Dinosaur section (again 2 goes at this).

I think you are right. Only points for top 4 though, and a lot more points for where you finish at the end so not as big a priority as for the previous series

Whorty

@Alongo

Best laid plans of mice and men :laugh:

It all goes and its 'Pirates code'

Just hang in there until you cant. Don't lead at any point except when trying to bridge a small gap, big gaps, pretty much forget about bridging solo.
Hopefully you're in the lead bunch for a sprint attempt.:okay:
Don't forget @CXRAndy the 3% drag at the end of the Fuego Flats and before we enter the Dino section. If you're in a group at that stage get yourself towards the front so you have a bit of 'slip' space :okay:

BurningLegs

Veteran
With you, Brendan, Nick, Chris and Andy I don't think I'd be top 3 for our team anyway. I think you all push more power than me so have a better chance to hold on to the group during the long flat section at the start.

It's the long flat section at the start that has me worried! If I can stay in the group for that then I should be okay, but this isn't a great course for me and it is possible that I will blow up trying to stick with the group and be caught by you anyway!

Whorty

It's the long flat section at the start that has me worried! If I can stay in the group for that then I should be okay, but this isn't a great course for me and it is possible that I will blow up trying to stick with the group and be caught by you anyway!
Same for me ... that first 15 mins or so is going to be hard. Once into the lumps it will be easier as the blob will split up so moving less fast, but on that flat section you need to be in a group of sorts to get any extra speed. Will suit the bigger power riders (Michael, Brendan, Andy and Chris) :okay:

Top Bottom