Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
At my height I definitely have more weight I could lose .... i think, technically, I'm still close to being overweight on the BMI scale :laugh: I weighed myself at the end of the last league and subsequently dropped my weight to 73kg. I won't weigh myself again now until this league is over but I'm still pushing to go sub 70kg. This is def put me in B at some stage I know ... but then I'll have to train to chase @bobinski down :gun: :rofl:

Carl, everyone is entitled to dream 😁

Shut it Bob:crazy:

You only want someone to ride with at the back:okay:

We are building Codgers dream team

😁
if I want to ride with someone at the back I know where to look😉

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I personally think the category boundaries are a bit of a joke in most zwift races unless the categories are completely separated from the start anyway.

The guy who comes 10th is last then the guy who comes 11th is first. Then 20th is last but the guy who came 21st can be first in the same group. I think it’s more for people who kid themselves than the reality of the situation.

That’s why I like to race bridgy, Lee and the guys I’m familiar with. Then it’s more of a personal challenge than the categorised one.

But each to their own! I personally love the racing. But there’s lots of choice for everyone.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Hopefully @Whorty and @CXRAndy will not have issues next week. @Brusgaard & @LBHIFI - what happened to you guys last night?
Never saw @LBHIFI so he might never have joined. I was dropped in the usual spot after about 10 km. Rode alone until being caught by the group with @Alongo but didn't even try to latch on. Rode alone again until being caught by @del Cs group and tried to hang on for a few seconds. But didn't have the legs/motivation, so ultimately bailed after about 30 km.

The good news is, that I then had time before sunset to wash the car and clean up after exchanging the wheels. ^_^

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
I personally think the category boundaries are a bit of a joke in most zwift races unless the categories are completely separated from the start anyway.

The guy who comes 10th is last then the guy who comes 11th is first. Then 20th is last but the guy who came 21st can be first in the same group. I think it’s more for people who kid themselves than the reality of the situation.

That’s why I like to race bridgy, Lee and the guys I’m familiar with. Then it’s more of a personal challenge than the categorised one.

Agreed. I always try and race where the Categories are separate. I think its good to race in a public race but also have the race within a race with CCers for example.

kipster

Guru
Very good advice from @Alongo. I know from my own experience that I can realistically only 'race' once a week (possibly twice depending on other workload) at a level that I'm happy with.

Also the nature of racing on Zwift tends to be relatively short races with explosive starts. This suits my riding as I have relatively good explosive / short-term power but lack endurance (something I've been trying to address) but will work against other people.
I'm the other way round, good endurance but no explosive power.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
At my height I definitely have more weight I could lose .... i think, technically, I'm still close to being overweight on the BMI scale :laugh: I weighed myself at the end of the last league and subsequently dropped my weight to 73kg. I won't weigh myself again now until this league is over but I'm still pushing to go sub 70kg.
Just to let you know at 75.2Kg I'm chasing you! After my 'enforced' 8 month lay off last year I managed to put 12-13Kg on, so for me that's got to go, just to make going up hills IRL bearable. Slightly smaller portion sizes, Slightly less junk food, Slightly fewer snacks, Slightly less beer ... Not to the degree that I'm missing or craving it, no point making yourself miserable. ... My goal is to at least get back to hovering around the 64-65Kg mark, although when I restarted this cycling lark 5 years ago, I did promise myself that if I got down to 62Kg (At the time from 89Kg!) then I was going to treat myself to my "Lifetime Bike" ... It's a tough target I've set myself, quite deliberately so:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:

kipster

Guru
Just to let you know at 75.2Kg I'm chasing you! After my 'enforced' 8 month lay off last year I managed to put 12-13Kg on, so for me that's got to go, just to make going up hills IRL bearable. Slightly smaller portion sizes, Slightly less junk food, Slightly fewer snacks, Slightly less beer ... Not to the degree that I'm missing or craving it, no point making yourself miserable. ... My goal is to at least get back to hovering around the 64-65Kg mark, although when I restarted this cycling lark 5 years ago, I did promise myself that if I got down to 62Kg (At the time from 89Kg!) then I was going to treat myself to my "Lifetime Bike" ... It's a tough target I've set myself, quite deliberately so:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:
Team Sky worked on changing things by 1% so 1% less portion sizes etc.. should do the job :-)

Norry1

Legendary Member
Quick Race Report from yesterday:

I was on the start line as soon as the race opened and was sat there on my own for a few minutes which was novel. There were 5 of us B’s from Cyclechat me, @Del C @Brusgaard @peterob and @Alongo but no @LBHIFI .

I was technically “tired” having had a fairly hard week, doing a 50 miler on Sunday outside and doing 20 miles with Wendy in the morning, so I was interested in how I would fare. There were 103 signed up and 88 starters in our B Pen.

It was a fast start, but nothing like some of the shorter races. It can’t have been quick because after 45 seconds I was in first position! Not for long of course. As we approached the first Prime I was just behind Pete and was shouting encouragement to him. We both pushed and amazingly I got 4th place and Pete got 5th. I didn’t expect that.

After 4 minutes, the race was already fractured into several groups. Steen, Pete and I were in the front group of about 50 which stayed together as we entered Titan’s Grove.

The pace picked up and, with a mix of inattention and being nackered, both Pete and I allowed the main pack to slip away and we ended up in a small group of 4-6 behind. Pete dropped back on the kicker after the KOM and I could see he would wait and join a larger group behind him. I pressed on but assumed Pete’s pack would catch me later on so I didn’t bust a gut too much.

With 11 miles to go, Pete’s pack did indeed catch us and we re-entered Titan’s Grove with a group of about 10 of us and stuck pretty much together until the end.

The pace picked up as we approached the final sprint and I waited, and waited and ….cocked up my sprint yet again. As I was about to turn the taps on, we rounded the bend and hit the finish line. I don’t think it made much difference but I may have had one or two places more.

I came 37th of 88 starters on the road – which translated to 26th on Zwiftpower finally. Pete was one place ahead of me!

If anyone is interested and can bear the constant clicking, here is the recording

View: https://youtu.be/auacP0A7r1s

Joffey

Big Dosser
Quick Race Report from yesterday:

I was on the start line as soon as the race opened and was sat there on my own for a few minutes which was novel. There were 5 of us B’s from Cyclechat me, @Del C @Brusgaard @peterob and @Alongo but no @LBHIFI .

I was technically “tired” having had a fairly hard week, doing a 50 miler on Sunday outside and doing 20 miles with Wendy in the morning, so I was interested in how I would fare. There were 103 signed up and 88 starters in our B Pen.

It was a fast start, but nothing like some of the shorter races. It can’t have been quick because after 45 seconds I was in first position! Not for long of course. As we approached the first Prime I was just behind Pete and was shouting encouragement to him. We both pushed and amazingly I got 4th place and Pete got 5th. I didn’t expect that.

After 4 minutes, the race was already fractured into several groups. Steen, Pete and I were in the front group of about 50 which stayed together as we entered Titan’s Grove.

The pace picked up and, with a mix of inattention and being nackered, both Pete and I allowed the main pack to slip away and we ended up in a small group of 4-6 behind. Pete dropped back on the kicker after the KOM and I could see he would wait and join a larger group behind him. I pressed on but assumed Pete’s pack would catch me later on so I didn’t bust a gut too much.

With 11 miles to go, Pete’s pack did indeed catch us and we re-entered Titan’s Grove with a group of about 10 of us and stuck pretty much together until the end.

The pace picked up as we approached the final sprint and I waited, and waited and ….cocked up my sprint yet again. As I was about to turn the taps on, we rounded the bend and hit the finish line. I don’t think it made much difference but I may have had one or two places more.

I came 37th of 88 starters on the road – which translated to 26th on Zwiftpower finally. Pete was one place ahead of me!

If anyone is interested and can bear the constant clicking, here is the recording

View: https://youtu.be/auacP0A7r1s

Is your HR right in that video? After that sprint you are panting like a good un but your HR is 140... When I sound like that I'm pushing 175!! or is it because you are fit and I'm a fat knacker? :laugh:

Top Bottom