Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’m up for another cc spin tomorrow. Last week the elastic band effect (not sure if that’s the technical term...) worked pretty well and it was a good laugh.

Kip has asked if we can start a little later so maybe 18:00 if that works for people. Everyone’s welcome of course. From racing snakes, to them what loves cakes! 🎂

( speaking of cakes, Happy birthday whippet! :hugs: 🍾)
I'm in,

Del C

Veteran
I’m up for another cc spin tomorrow. Last week the elastic band effect (not sure if that’s the technical term...) worked pretty well and it was a good laugh.

Kip has asked if we can start a little later so maybe 18:00 if that works for people. Everyone’s welcome of course. From racing snakes, to them what loves cakes! 🎂

( speaking of cakes, Happy birthday whippet! :hugs: 🍾)
I may join as a warm up for my TT at 7

bridgy

Legendary Member
Good to see you in that race tonight @<Tommy>, @bobinski and @berty bassett - I was more than a bit race rusty but I did enjoy that! I got dropped by you guys and the rest of the front group on the first small 4%climb in the volcano (nasty noises from the trainer while trying to hang on!) I thought that was it for me but I kept going and rode with a small group for quite a while until a bigger group caught up with us. Then this bigger group started to gradually catch up with you guys in the front and a minute gap was eventually down to 15 seconds. I thought we might catch you up completely but the 15ish second gap held - unfortunately!

I see you two finished very close together Lee and Tommy - very generous of you to let Lee win the sprint as it's his Birthday!!

What happened to you Bob, did you finish?

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
@bridgy you may not have known it but you nearly gave me a heart attack tonight ! You were coming up like a freight train and there was nothing I could do about it - never been so pleased to see the line - bloody strong finish !

Yeah I didn’t realise how close you were @bridgy until I was going through the line. Lucky really because I was done in! My one shot was probably making it into the front group as I knew you guys were both off the back too but I just couldn’t bridge the gap. After that I just wanted to hang on to the group until the line.

Well deserved victory lee 👍

Paul are you going to be able to join / set up a meet up tomorrow? Anyone fancy using discord?

Del C

Veteran
Yeah I didn’t realise how close you were @bridgy until I was going through the line. Lucky really because I was done in! My one shot was probably making it into the front group as I knew you guys were both off the back too but I just couldn’t bridge the gap. After that I just wanted to hang on to the group until the line.

Paul are you going to be able to join / set up a meet up tomorrow? Anyone fancy using discord?
I've got my new Bluetooth headset as recommended by @kipster

kipster

Guru
I think it'll be better with discord, although I have diy'd a platform to allow me to get the laptop closer so I'll be able to read the messages.

kipster

Guru

Del C

Veteran

berty bassett

Legendary Member
If wheel sucking like your life depended on it is winning , bring it on 😁 very rarely poked my nose out front , kid myself if I was able to stick with other group 🙄 so quickly forget about the pain

Top Bottom