Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
It was about 23C here.

So I got out and did a 30 mile ride in the real world for the first time since January! Still feels weird for the first 10 minutes when you come off the trainer after such a long time.

And then I had to remember to stop on the way home and take the obligatory 'I'm out on my bike selfie' so I could post it on social media!!

View attachment 513783

One of my all time favourite pairs of shades there Del 👍:becool:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I’m looking to race today. Anyone else fancy it?
Z2 for me, nothing to aim for:okay:

<Tommy>

I'm riding with my good lady IRL today, but doing the Crit City race at 9.45am tomorrow if you or anyone else is interested. Good opportunity to set a best 20 minute power :smile:

I’m looking at the city crit today at 14:30. I think I’d do well to even come close to my 20 minute best at the moment. But they’re a good laugh those races. I should probably work on my sense of humour...

Marino.g

Veteran
Anybody doing a real life ride today out in the fresh air??
I’m undecided but my conscious is telling me to ride indoors even though I would be following government guidelines if I went out.
Reports have also shown loads of camper vans heading towards cornwall which ain’t good if true!

Last edited:

<Tommy>

I’m undecided but my conscious is telling me to ride indoors even though I would be following government guidelines if I went out.
Reports have also shown loads of camper vans heading towards cornwall which ain’t good if true!

I’m not. Not for the next few weeks. Not until it’s obvious this thing is in strong decline. But then I live in London where its estimated the system will be under most pressure. It’s tough. I see myself as an outdoor rider who uses the turbo through the winter. But it’s not forever.
So each to their own really. A lot of guys on my Strava feed are clearly doing loops closer to where they live. Some aren’t. Dunno...

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

Yes me and the Mrs are going for our 1 hour exercise pootles👍

We are fortunate to live out in the sticks, so won't meet anyone

kipster

Guru
I’m riding outdoors, setting tracking things so my wife knows where I am, but staying generally within about 5 miles of home. I’m fortunate that I can mix the lanes up to eek out 40 miles without too many repeat roads. Beware feral families walking 4 or 5 abreast 😀

The problem I have is the local roads are pretty lumpy, if I was to head north it would be nice and flat, but that would take me more than 10 miles from home.

Some club mates are doing their normal loops, taking them 25-30 miles from home, I’m not prepared to do that in case of any mechanical issues that mean I can’t get back without being rescued. If I stay local I’m a shortish walk from home.

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
Well my attempt on Zwift's Unemployed badge may be over at just 6 days.

Wife thought on Friday she may have Covid-19 symptoms as she couldn't stop coughing (she works in a pharmacy, so is on the front line). She isolated herself to the bedroom and I set up the sofabed in the spare room - which is also the room where I Zwift, although I could still do that as I only needed to move the bike slightly to one side, so it was still usable.

Had a surprisingly good night's sleep and didn't feel uncomfortable at all - that is until I went to get up. As I turned to put my feet out of the bed and onto the floor, I felt a sharp pain in my lower back and something just "popped". I'm now only able to move incredibly slowly and even with painkillers it's really hurting.

Ironically, my wife now thinks she might not have Covid-19 after all - she's coughing a lot less than yesterday and doesn't have any of the other symptoms, so it may be that she just managed to get a nasty cold at the most inappropriate time ever! Here's hoping, because me trying to look after her if she's ill and I can barely move, is not a recipe for a good time!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well my attempt on Zwift's Unemployed badge may be over at just 6 days.

Wife thought on Friday she may have Covid-19 symptoms as she couldn't stop coughing (she works in a pharmacy, so is on the front line). She isolated herself to the bedroom and I set up the sofabed in the spare room - which is also the room where I Zwift, although I could still do that as I only needed to move the bike slightly to one side, so it was still usable.

Had a surprisingly good night's sleep and didn't feel uncomfortable at all - that is until I went to get up. As I turned to put my feet out of the bed and onto the floor, I felt a sharp pain in my lower back and something just "popped". I'm now only able to move incredibly slowly and even with painkillers it's really hurting.

Ironically, my wife now thinks she might not have Covid-19 after all - she's coughing a lot less than yesterday and doesn't have any of the other symptoms, so it may be that she just managed to get a nasty cold at the most inappropriate time ever! Here's hoping, because me trying to look after her if she's ill and I can barely move, is not a recipe for a good time!
Oh no Steve, not good. Really hope your wife just has the snuffles and not this damn virus, and your back sorts itself out sharpish!

Top Bottom