Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Without trawling through 2074 pages of chat, do CC have a meet up ride / race / TT on Zwift...?
As @Norry1 says, we race on Mondays at 18:15 in a Danish run league. You will need to have an account set up on Zwiftpower though to take full advantage of that (and have an HRM). All you need to do, once set up in ZwiftPower, is join the CycleChat team - your race result will then go towards the team result.

For our own races we tend to use the 'Meetup' function - @bridgy is the organiser of these races so in order to get an invite you will need to follow Paul Bridgman ZSUNR on Zwift

Last week we ran a hare and hounds/handicap type race which was good fun. 4 teams split by speed - so you might want to let us know what cat you are in Zwift races normally, and your estimated race w/kg, to get added to the right team. The teams are roughly:

Team A - A cat riders and top B cat
Team B - Mid and lower B cat riders
Team C - Mid and higher C cat riders
Team D - D cat and lower C cat riders

We're due to run this race again next Wednesday if you want to join :okay:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
A busy few days on CC as usual. Great racing in the DBR league. Team IRL had success at last with Zwift and we landed our own race slot with Zwift HQ - the first being on Monday just past. We had over 400 on the start line so a big number for a Monday. I was delighted to win the B cat race 🥇 - my first win in well over a year not counting CChat league races. I think I’m getting better at reading the race, knowing when is safe to recover and when to make the efforts.

We now have a recurring slot on Mondays at 7pm uk time and have it set up as 6 week league in Zwiftpower. The slot isnt ideal as it clashes with the DBR event - I messaged Søren at DBR to invite some danish riders but I knew their race was on and he politely declined. Similarly I’ve messaged the Poles, Germans, Swedes, etc. Asking them to come and challenge the Irish! You guys are welcome too but I know Mondays are generally taken up with DBR.

The Team is now over 700 members on Zwiftpower and with these numbers are starting to attract interest from partners - a bike shop with online presence has agreed a €500 voucher package to sponsor our league prizes, and a kit manufacturer is onboard for custom kit and should hopefully be up for future.

team TT on Thursday - the Frappe team I’m in has got a wildcard for the premier league But unfortunately it isn’t live on ZCL this week. My dilemma now is that I also DS our Espresso Team also I’m the PL. I guess I’ll be racing and let them shout at eachother rather than have me do it. ^_^

Sunday I have my everesting challenge. I got good coverage in my local newspaper. I did a recon this morning with trainer difficulty set to 100%. I’m going to change the cassette to 28-11 as the 25-11 currently on has me at a cadence of 60 on the steeper grades which won’t be good for 8 reps.

E092261B-7B5A-4BB6-88AB-F5F46D83E767.jpeg

Attachments

• 68968F1D-D7BA-4F7C-92E1-2061421D9AB7.jpeg
    68968F1D-D7BA-4F7C-92E1-2061421D9AB7.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 5

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
A busy few days on CC as usual. Great racing in the DBR league. Team IRL had success at last with Zwift and we landed our own race slot with Zwift HQ - the first being on Monday just past. We had over 400 on the start line so a big number for a Monday. I was delighted to win the B cat race 🥇 - my first win in well over a year not counting CChat league races. I think I’m getting better at reading the race, knowing when is safe to recover and when to make the efforts.

We now have a recurring slot on Mondays at 7pm uk time and have it set up as 6 week league in Zwiftpower. The slot isnt ideal as it clashes with the DBR event - I messaged Søren at DBR to invite some danish riders but I knew their race was on and he politely declined. Similarly I’ve messaged the Poles, Germans, Swedes, etc. Asking them to come and challenge the Irish! You guys are welcome too but I know Mondays are generally taken up with DBR.

The Team is now over 700 members on Zwiftpower and with these numbers are starting to attract interest from partners - a bike shop with online presence has agreed a €500 voucher package to sponsor our league prizes, and a kit manufacturer is onboard for custom kit and should hopefully be up for future.

team TT on Thursday - the Frappe team I’m in has got a wildcard for the premier league But unfortunately it isn’t live on ZCL this week. My dilemma now is that I also DS our Espresso Team also I’m the PL. I guess I’ll be racing and let them shout at eachother rather than have me do it. ^_^

Sunday I have my everesting challenge. I got good coverage in my local newspaper. I did a recon this morning with trainer difficulty set to 100%. I’m going to change the cassette to 28-11 as the 25-11 currently on has me at a cadence of 60 on the steeper grades which won’t be good for 8 reps.

View attachment 523530
Shame that I'm so invested in the current DBR league else I'd happily join you guy son Mondays. Once DBR is finished I'll nip over and get beaten up by the Irish the same way I get beaten up by the Danes :B)

Good luck on the Everesting :okay: And it's great to know that you can get yourself a TV to help kill the boredom, and have a supply of hand sanitiser to wash away the sweat ^_^

Norry1

Legendary Member

View attachment 523530

Great post Al and all very positive - great progress on multiple fronts.

Like @Whorty, I want to now finish the DBR Series which has 3 races to go. I'll decide what to join next and yours is a great contender. Only thing maybe against it is wanting to join a series/league at the start.

Good luck with the v-Evereresting. Sounds horrendous to me :smile:

mjd1988

Guru

View attachment 523530

Amazing Alan, good luck Sunday. I'd offer to ride with you but I would be dropped pretty quickly! Must remember to watch for a bit though.

I'll definitely have to join that league after the dbr one. You've done so much with the team Ireland stuff, it's come on loads since I last checked in on it

JuhaL

Guru
Amazing Alan, good luck Sunday. I'd offer to ride with you but I would be dropped pretty quickly! Must remember to watch for a bit though.
Same thing with me. Only option is join to Alan when he comes down but i am heavier than Alan so i might be quicker to that direction, so better place for me is armchair and watch data from iPad.

peterob

Veteran

View attachment 523530
Impressive stuff @IrishAl - both physically and organisationally!

If I'm Zwifting at all on Sunday I'll look to join you for a bit (but it will be only for a bit!). Good luck mate :okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Al,
Top post mate.
I could be up for the Monday races. I had a network fail last night so out of my Tuesday league.
good luck with the Everesting 👍

25/11 😱

I’d be getting a 32 but you know how strong you are.

bridgy

Legendary Member

View attachment 523530
Best of luck for the Everesting challenge Al you crazy man! And well done for the newspaper coverage! If I'm on Zwift at all on Sunday I'll try and join you for a bit of moral support!

Top Bottom