Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Photo Winner
Thanks for all the well wishes... my timing For Sunday i am aiming for around 70 minutes per ascent. I hope that isn’t too optimistic. To date I am always under the hour but that is just one offs. This morning I tried to keep a steady pace and heart rate keeping within heart rate zone 2 and kept to the hour. Ill need to back off slightly and I think with better gearing I can do that.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Thanks for all the well wishes... my timing For Sunday i am aiming for around 70 minutes per ascent. I hope that isn’t too optimistic. To date I am always under the hour but that is just one offs. This morning I tried to keep a steady pace and heart rate keeping within heart rate zone 2 and kept to the hour. Ill need to back off slightly and I think with better gearing I can do that.
I take it you're using Alpe Du Zwift for the Everesting are you? How long are you expecting it to take?

A busy few days on CC as usual. Great racing in the DBR league. Team IRL had success at last with Zwift and we landed our own race slot with Zwift HQ - the first being on Monday just past. We had over 400 on the start line so a big number for a Monday. I was delighted to win the B cat race 🥇 - my first win in well over a year not counting CChat league races. I think I’m getting better at reading the race, knowing when is safe to recover and when to make the efforts.

We now have a recurring slot on Mondays at 7pm uk time and have it set up as 6 week league in Zwiftpower. The slot isnt ideal as it clashes with the DBR event - I messaged Søren at DBR to invite some danish riders but I knew their race was on and he politely declined. Similarly I’ve messaged the Poles, Germans, Swedes, etc. Asking them to come and challenge the Irish! You guys are welcome too but I know Mondays are generally taken up with DBR.

The Team is now over 700 members on Zwiftpower and with these numbers are starting to attract interest from partners - a bike shop with online presence has agreed a €500 voucher package to sponsor our league prizes, and a kit manufacturer is onboard for custom kit and should hopefully be up for future.

team TT on Thursday - the Frappe team I’m in has got a wildcard for the premier league But unfortunately it isn’t live on ZCL this week. My dilemma now is that I also DS our Espresso Team also I’m the PL. I guess I’ll be racing and let them shout at eachother rather than have me do it. ^_^

Sunday I have my everesting challenge. I got good coverage in my local newspaper. I did a recon this morning with trainer difficulty set to 100%. I’m going to change the cassette to 28-11 as the 25-11 currently on has me at a cadence of 60 on the steeper grades which won’t be good for 8 reps.

View attachment 523530
It's like we say over here...Fake news! The real story the media doesn't want you to see is his photography. They should do a story about that!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200520-060032.png
    Screenshot_20200520-060032.png
    209.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20200520-060018.png
    Screenshot_20200520-060018.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Del C

Veteran
A busy few days on CC as usual. Great racing in the DBR league. Team IRL had success at last with Zwift and we landed our own race slot with Zwift HQ - the first being on Monday just past. We had over 400 on the start line so a big number for a Monday. I was delighted to win the B cat race 🥇 - my first win in well over a year not counting CChat league races. I think I’m getting better at reading the race, knowing when is safe to recover and when to make the efforts.

We now have a recurring slot on Mondays at 7pm uk time and have it set up as 6 week league in Zwiftpower. The slot isnt ideal as it clashes with the DBR event - I messaged Søren at DBR to invite some danish riders but I knew their race was on and he politely declined. Similarly I’ve messaged the Poles, Germans, Swedes, etc. Asking them to come and challenge the Irish! You guys are welcome too but I know Mondays are generally taken up with DBR.

The Team is now over 700 members on Zwiftpower and with these numbers are starting to attract interest from partners - a bike shop with online presence has agreed a €500 voucher package to sponsor our league prizes, and a kit manufacturer is onboard for custom kit and should hopefully be up for future.

team TT on Thursday - the Frappe team I’m in has got a wildcard for the premier league But unfortunately it isn’t live on ZCL this week. My dilemma now is that I also DS our Espresso Team also I’m the PL. I guess I’ll be racing and let them shout at eachother rather than have me do it. ^_^

Sunday I have my everesting challenge. I got good coverage in my local newspaper. I did a recon this morning with trainer difficulty set to 100%. I’m going to change the cassette to 28-11 as the 25-11 currently on has me at a cadence of 60 on the steeper grades which won’t be good for 8 reps.

View attachment 523530
Well done with the team and the new league Al. Great reward for the hard work you've put in on this.

Like the other guys have said I want to finish the DBR league, but when its done I'll try and get over and ride with you guys. We'll have to make sure we join one of your future series from the start.

Ireland must be rivalling Denmark as a hub for indoor cycling. WTRL have a heavy Irish influence and I'm certain I saw another big Irish team in one of the Zwift events last week.

The Everesting looks insane. Best of luck on that mate! Sudocrem is your friend!! It would be good if a few of us could synch up and join you for one of the climbs up the Alpe!

Del C

Veteran
Just putting this out there for comment.

I think there's 3 weeks of the DBR league to go. Any thoughts on what we want to do then? Look out for a new league series? Go back to a CC league? Go and ride outside for the summer?

I'd quite like to carry on doing something. What do others think? It's worth thinking about now so that we don't end up with the league finished and saying 'What do we do now?'

Norry1

Legendary Member

I think there's 3 weeks of the DBR league to go. Any thoughts on what we want to do then? Look out for a new league series? Go back to a CC league? Go and ride outside for the summer?

I'd quite like to carry on doing something. What do others think? It's worth thinking about now so that we don't end up with the league finished and saying 'What do we do now?'

I'd quite like to do another League. It motivates you not to miss an event and the teamwork has been enjoyable as well. It feels like we are working together rather than competing with each other (mainly :smile: ) Add in a few hare and hound TTTs (see how fortnightly goes) and that works for me :okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

I'll def be looking for another league as I really enjoyed the previous Danish one and enjoying this too. I enjoyed our H&H/Handicap last week and would be up for that again but as for a pure CC league I'm not too fussed about that until we can get private races in Zwift that link up to ZP.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'd quite like to do another League. It motivates you not to miss an event and the teamwork has been enjoyable as well. It feels like we are working together rather than competing with each other (mainly :smile: ) Add in a few hare and hound TTTs (see how fortnightly goes) and that works for me :okay:
You beat me to it :okay:

Norry1

Legendary Member
What does that actually mean???

It is a way of ranking racers - I think based on the way USA Cycling do it. If you go into Rankings tab on ZP and then FAQ it gives the detailed explanation. Here is the first para..

"USAC Points calculation
Note: A small field adjustment has been applied to the following rules. If there are between 5 and 9 riders we use the top 5 for quality and all riders for average.

A riders ranking going into every race is calculated from the average of their 5 best results in the past 3 months.

Rankings are set between 0 and 600 points. Fewer points means you have a better ranking. So the goal is to earn the fewest points possible.

In general USAC summarizes the ranking system as follows; “to improve ranking, a rider must beat riders who are currently ranked stronger.” This is a true statement but has some nuances, which we will discuss below.

The points system has 3 critical calculations: Race Quality, Points per Place, and Ranking Points."

If you race regularly, it is a good measure of how you are progressing. It is also useful to see how other riders in your race are likely to do. If you look to the right of the results screens for races, it tells you if you have improved or not.

Top Bottom