Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
On the race ranking you finished third? No. 1 was clearly in the wrong cat, but no. 2 did 2.5wkg avg. which is close to the D-cat limit of 2.49wkg. I guess they are not on ZwiftPower?
I was watching ZwiftPower in one window and Joffey in the other and he was in 5th in the race itself when I tuned in and typically between 3rd and 6th for all of the rest, but even then was always in 1st on ZP.

There were two other non-ZP riders up the front as well but don't know what happened to them - I presume they must have quit, because I didn't see them break away, but they're not on the results either.

Joffey

Big Dosser
There was one who got DQ’d for doing 19 wkg on one of the sprints :laugh: and then 2 others who wanted to launch solo attacks and as I knew they weren’t on ZP just let them go.

I was quite lucky to get into a group with them but I suppose I did as I was paying attention rather than trying to get in the draft after the sprint.

bobinski

Legendary Member
FWIW I have had some signal dropping issues using the companion ap to pair through Atv. Last night I rode a warm up and then went into the pen only for the signal to drop 1 minute before the race started. Very frustrating. Tested again today and no problems.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Which sensors/devices do you pair through companion app, @bobinski ?

I would suggest trainer direct to ATV for resistance and power. If you have more than one other sensor, connect the least important one via companion app (maybe cadence??)

bobinski

Legendary Member
Which sensors/devices do you pair through companion app, @bobinski ?

I would suggest trainer direct to ATV for resistance and power. If you have more than one other sensor, connect the least important one via companion app (maybe cadence??)

NEO bike and a hrm. I do connect directly normally but then the companion app won’t connect with the Atv. It’s all a bit strange and so easier to use my PC.

Ketty

Über Member
NEO bike and a hrm. I do connect directly normally but then the companion app won’t connect with the Atv. It’s all a bit strange and so easier to use my PC.
Anyone know why my companion app doesn’t work ‘in ride’ it just works/opens as normal and doesn’t let me message/ride on/see in race stats etc

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

If I turn my hrm before I log into zwift it normally pairs straight away on the pair screen. Then I go into the zwift index page and it says the companion app isn’t paired. But when I go into a course the map comes up on the companion as you would expect when it’s paired. Bit wierd. Any chance you’re paired when it’s telling you you aren’t?

Alongo

Guru
Anyone know why my companion app doesn’t work ‘in ride’ it just works/opens as normal and doesn’t let me message/ride on/see in race stats etc

Had similar happen when Companion App was still open on a separate device , shut down all tabs on other devices may help , it could be running in the background.

bobinski

Legendary Member
If I turn my hrm before I log into zwift it normally pairs straight away on the pair screen. Then I go into the zwift index page and it says the companion app isn’t paired. But when I go into a course the map comes up on the companion as you would expect when it’s paired. Bit wierd. Any chance you’re paired when it’s telling you you aren’t?

No -I pedalled always furiously and stayed put 😁

Think I have sorted it. Atv on Ethernet. I have a mesh WiFi network. They are both named the same and while pc recognise them as the same the Atv does not. So if I unplug Ethernet from Atv and run wirelessly it and CA connect properly and I can connect to everything via companion app.
strange that Ethernet to pc is no problem while Ethernet to Atv is.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I had similar issues and it was definitely because they weren’t drawing tinterweb from same place
Got over it by Ethernet to pc then hotspotting pc and setting both of them to pick it up - beware tho as there is a setting that times out hotspot
I bought a thing that plugs into Ethernet and turns it to WiFi

Norry1

Legendary Member
I think my ranking flatters me because I went through a period of doing races that suited me. I think it also favours people who race more frequently than those who don’t. I’ve no issue with either of those things. I think It’s a fair enough system really. But it can skewer the rankings a bit.

I has conversations with a couple of the guys on zsunr nad they suggested using zp live in races to gage people’s strengths and use it to decide how to approach the lead in the the finish. I’ve tried it but I think it might information overload for me personally. Has anyone else tried that and got it to work for them?

I think it might overload me as well. I reckon it works best if you have a DS who uses it and communicates with you by Discord or similar.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I connect Trainer and HRM to laptop via Ant+. Android phone connects to wifi and I open companion app that way. Pretty much never have any issues. I don't need Zwift open to use the app on the phone.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
They started 1 minute later than me, and finished 3 minutes faster. So yes, at some point we were probably together in the same world but just invisible to each other. :smile:

Yes, one or two might have a mechanical, but about 25% of the joined? I think not. :smile:
I wonder if, whilst you can't see each other, whether you are actually 'together' and can gain from the draft? I was watching ZP for a few minutes, flicking between you and @Joffey , and in ZP you was in the same group as the C guys.

Has anyone seen this mentioned anywhere? Or maybe it was just a fluke.

Top Bottom