Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
I was unlocked 14 days Unemployed badge yesterday. I was little bit of sceptic is it gonna unlock or not but it need to start 15th ride to have that notification.

Del C

Veteran
No -I pedalled always furiously and stayed put 😁

Think I have sorted it. Atv on Ethernet. I have a mesh WiFi network. They are both named the same and while pc recognise them as the same the Atv does not. So if I unplug Ethernet from Atv and run wirelessly it and CA connect properly and I can connect to everything via companion app.
strange that Ethernet to pc is no problem while Ethernet to Atv is.
I've got the same set up but haven't had any problems with the Companion app.

I've got 2 bluetooth devices (Neo and Kickr) paired directly to the Zwift app running on Apple TV. Apple TV is connected via Ethernet cable to router via Ethernet switch.

Companion app is connected via mesh wifi (BT whole home system).

I think they work together because they're both signed in to the same Zwift account. This would mean any interaction between Companion and Zwift app is via the Zwift server.

I've never used the Companion in Bluetooth mode to connect devices. I'm assuming in this mode it would have to work in a hybrid mode.

These are just my assumptions. I've tried to check them out briefly, but the low level engineering information is hard to find.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Monday's DBR Wahoo League race is going to be a bit different than most that we have done. The profile is very sawtooth, meaning lots of VO2 intervals with periods of (downhill) semi-recovery. I'm a bit of a steady state rider so I don't think it will suit me much.

1590056057006.png

mjd1988

Guru
Monday's DBR Wahoo League race is going to be a bit different than most that we have done. The profile is very sawtooth, meaning lots of VO2 intervals with periods of (downhill) semi-recovery. I'm a bit of a steady state rider so I don't think it will suit me much.

View attachment 523839

This would really be a good time to find out if it is best 8/10 or all 10 races count for the dbr league...this would be my choice to skip and maybe try the Irish league @Brusgaard any idea?

I'm not sure how to do this one. Fast as I can first lap and gradually drop back? The alternative is to pace myself but then I fear I could end up alone for a lot of it!

https://zwift.com/news/19454-race-recon-yorkshires-2019-uci-worlds-harrogate-circuit

Norry1

Legendary Member
It was complicated, but it is possible to watch a rider if you're not in their race. From memory, when in the Companion app, I had to tap on More, then Activities, then find a previous activity of Joffey's (thankfully he did a warm up ride just before), then tap on his photo to call up his profile, then tap the Fan View button. Phew!

I've just tried it but can't find a Fan View button. Any suggestions?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
This would really be a good time to find out if it is best 8/10 or all 10 races count for the dbr league...this would be my choice to skip and maybe try the Irish league @Brusgaard any idea?

I'm not sure how to do this one. Fast as I can first lap and gradually drop back? The alternative is to pace myself but then I fear I could end up alone for a lot of it!

https://zwift.com/news/19454-race-recon-yorkshires-2019-uci-worlds-harrogate-circuit
Hard out the blocks and hold on for dear life ^_^

Assuming it is all 10 rides count, all you really need to do now is finish top 10 in the remaining races and you're home and dry. I need to chase Larsen and Fargeli still, and they're both decent climbers .... I'm well and truly buggered :laugh:

Given the lumpy nature of this course I think there will be a lot of riders on their own. Can't see many groups existing after the first KoM. I think it will just be a case of getting over the hills and seeing if there are any wheels around to hang on to (that's my plan anyway :okay: )

Last edited:

Alongo

Guru

View attachment 523839
I noticed a Sat am @ 10am Polish league doing 2 laps of Yorkshire worlds course , might give it a go for practice .Definitely a course where there wont be much rhythm .

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I take it you're using Alpe Du Zwift for the Everesting are you? How long are you expecting it to take?

Im hoping for around the 12 hour mark, starting at 7am. It depends if I take some longer breaks which I think might be a good idea despite my preference to get it over and done with as early as possible. Each descent is around 12 minutes freewheeling.

ill post some updates during the day and if anyone is around for support then that would be awesome...if impass you on a descent then don’t expect me to turn and ride up to you :laugh:

yesterday was the first time I’d done the Alpe at 100% trainer difficulty And wanted to fit a wider range cassette. so i set about stripping the bike off the Neo to fit a 10speed 28-11 I discoved that I was already grinding in a 28-11 cassette :blush: Oh boy this wont be fun.

Last edited:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
It's like we say over here...Fake news! The real story the media doesn't want you to see is his photography. They should do a story about that!
Ahh youre too kind Randy. It’s amazing what an iPhone and a good filter can do. But thanks as always for the praise. ☺

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'll have to give it another test and write down exactly what I did this time! Trouble is it depends on a) me finding time to get on my bike and b) there being someone who I follow being on Zwift at the same time.
Don't worry Steve - it's a nice to have but not a necessity.

Could actually be that I needed to have Zwift open on the laptop too (which I didn't have), so I'll try that later. :okay:

Top Bottom