Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Well first time doing the pretzel bloody hard seen Andy on my riders near by and about to give you a ride on but by the time I picked up my phone you was long gone.
One time I seen Berty on my feed and he was well over 5 minutes ahead was able to give a ride on to home bob you was at one point 2 minutes ahead.
Got in a good group and took my turn on the front and after a while we came to a much larger group which we spat out the back ^_^, with around 11 miles left my legs were beginning to hurt and some slight discomfort in my back so was mostly by my self but pretry pleased had a PB for the epic mountain stage of 28.53 from 30.44

So Andy here's your belated Ride On :thumbsup:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I was reasonably pleased considering it is a mountain stage. I set a comfortable pace for the climbs and although slipped against alot of others given my weight. I held a high cadence and was never in trouble. I suffered from lack of distance miles as the descent was actually harder than the last climb. Thumbs up everyone :okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
ZSUN Sunday social ride at 6.35pm 2-2.5 w/kg 30 miles im going any one else?
Rode 30 miles again today, with 4500 ft of climbing, so I won't be good for anything tomorrow :surrender: Legs sore now, but then I did go up the hill to the very top section twice :wahhey:Had some good races up there, plenty of people at my level to really push me along

bobinski

Legendary Member
It's a good climb to the tower it's even better when you're over taking people

This. I overtook lots and was only passed by 4 putting out 4-5w/kg. I know there were many more faster than me but then I am 54 and they should be. But I would be overtaken on the flats.i can probably go faster up but not sure I can generate more watts on the flat especially if I lose the 4kilos to get to 70k.
Ftp up.
All good except me quads are stiff and sore!

bobinski

Legendary Member
I was reasonably pleased considering it is a mountain stage. I set a comfortable pace for the climbs and although slipped against alot of others given my weight. I held a high cadence and was never in trouble. I suffered from lack of distance miles as the descent was actually harder than the last climb. Thumbs up everyone :okay:

You got a good time Andy. The descents are hard. But if you build up momentum you might be able to coast a bit allowing you to push harder on the climbs.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
You got a good time Andy. The descents are hard. But if you build up momentum you might be able to coast a bit allowing you to push harder on the climbs.

I never thought I was going to stick with 75-80KG riders who are as fit as me. Like Tenerife I just let riders pass happy I was comfortable. I kept :cursing: at the graphics saying catch up when a 2 metre gap appeard in front of me :laugh:

Now where is that Richmond course!?! :biggrin:

bobinski

Legendary Member
A small thing perhaps but looking at strava yesterday's ride shows nearly every important pb on Watopia has now been set on the NEO at some point. I am chuffed with that because it means I have overcome the advantage given by the pro in earlier rides. That said, I am not that interested in achieving the same aim in Richmond:okay:

I have just signed up for the Apple TV OS beta but waiting to see if I am one of the chosen.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
It is just horses for courses thats life.:smile:

I like to compare numbers so here a few from Pretzel mountain

Epic KOM 4.4miles 831ft ascent

CXR Andy............... 23.08
Dean Breedon........ 20.50
Bob.......................... 19.50
Carl Whorty............. 24.24
Berty........................? Quicker
Winner.....................? Even Quicker

bobinski

Legendary Member
It is just horses for courses thats life.:smile:

I like to compare numbers so here a few from Pretzel mountain

Epic KOM 4.4miles 831ft ascent

CXR Andy............... 23.08
Dean Breedon........ 20.50
Bob.......................... 19.50
Carl Whorty............. 24.24
Berty........................? Quicker
Winner.....................? Even Quicker

I would rather ride a horse around Richmond:biggrin:

Dean,
I might do the social later if I get a pass.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
A small thing perhaps but looking at strava yesterday's ride shows nearly every important pb on Watopia has now been set on the NEO at some point. I am chuffed with that because it means I have overcome the advantage given by the pro in earlier rides. That said, I am not that interested in achieving the same aim in Richmond:okay:

I have just signed up for the Apple TV OS beta but waiting to see if I am one of the chosen.
I signed up too so fingers crossed :okay:

Top Bottom