Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
Has the video been posted yet?:popcorn:
It is taking an absolute age to upload tonight - think my internet is on a go slow. Still says 38 minutes to go, then it'll probably be another hour or so before processing completes (which means you can't watch it in higher quality than 360p until that's done).

steverob

Guru
Just saw, across all cats, 20 riders have been DQ'd. Add to that the riders not registered on ZP and I bet there were more none-league riders tonight than those in the league. That's probably a first for one of these danish rides, where most riders are legit usually, and registered.
We had a couple of races early on in the series in D Cat where there were like 60 riders taking part, but only 20 or so were on ZP, and then after DQ's it went down to about 8-9 legit finishers. But since week 4 it dropped off massively; sometimes we've not even managed to get 20 at the start line. However this week did see a small increase to 28 (8 on ZP, 5 after DQs).

Last edited:

mjd1988

Guru
Its still there, and should be reported to ZP. If you watch the W/kg ramp then drop repeatedly is a sign on a flat or sustained climb.

Rolling hills its more difficult to spot, due to the natural way cadence picks up on the small descents before climbs

Yeah it was on the flat. There were attacks to be fair but I didn't see anyone elses power vary so weirdly. How do you report? I'll keep an eye out of anyone has recorded it on YouTube for evidence

mjd1988

Guru
To add to @mjd1988 's write up, yep, the sandbaggers blew the field apart tonight on the KoM. I was expecting to get over the top with the lead group but got caught in a few sticky drafts that lost me 3kph (twice!!!), and where normally I could push and get back on a wheel tonight that wasn't going to happen. Too many A's and B's pulling the lead group along.

Got over the top of KoM with one other rider in position 21st. We rolled down the descent and on to the flatlands and were still pushing quite well at that point. I could see the lead group about 1 minute ahead, but where me and the Dane I was with were pushing 3-3.2 w/kg, the lead group were clearly being pulled by much bigger numbers. Our race was over.

I msg'd him to say there was a chasing group only 20 odd seconds behind and it looked quite big, so suggested we hold our power and just wait to be caught. We were swept up just after the sprint banner, and it was nice to ride with Chris, Andy and Tim for quite a bit then. The Dane msg'd me then to say good call - he was thinking of pushing on but glad he hadn't :okay:

I think the group then pretty much stayed together until the climb out of Saddle Springs - I went to the front at that point to pull a bit and to ensure I didn't get caught in any more damn sticky drafts :sad: Not 100% sure, but I think Andy may have been dropped at that point.

I could still see Tim and Chris and we were now heading to the finish line. I msg'd Chris to say I was going to attack over the top of that final climb through the glass tunnel. Somehow though, I thought this was only about 1km to the finish, but it was actually closer to 1.5km :eek: Once I'd committed though I just had to keep on and hope my legs just had enough left in them to the finish. Not sure if I caught everyone out, or if there were tired legs, but only my danish mate who I'd ridden with earlier came with me. We shared the pulling until the last few metres where, on screen I crossed the line first .... but Zwift gave him the win :crazy: Oh well ... only one place and we did have a bit of a virtual high-5 to congratulate ourselves on our mini success :dance:

Thankfully, even though I didn't make the grade on the KoM, Larsen only beat me by 2 places so only gained 3 points on me. I beat Fegarli by a few places and I think gained about 6 points on him. Still everything to play for with positions 2 and 3 :hyper: Top place is secure now with Michael :notworthy::wahhey:

Jungle loop is next (probably my least favourite course) - when all is updated I think I should be safe enough where I am in the league so I'm happy to purely domestique, try and help seal your second place on GC!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Yeah it was on the flat. There were attacks to be fair but I didn't see anyone elses power vary so weirdly. How do you report? I'll keep an eye out of anyone has recorded it on YouTube for evidence

I recorded the ride, but I got dropped before the flat section. Carl was nearer to you for longer.

steverob

Guru

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b73geHamEmo
(it's currently still only showing as low quality, but it should improve to HD within the hour)

Highlights:
8:30 - I start to lose the group, seemingly get back on briefly, but by 10:00 I'm toast and there's no way I can catch up again
15:55 - switched to @JLaw's view for the KOM finish
25:50 - switched to @JLaw's view for the Desert sprint
38:10 - I get caught by the two riders who have been chasing me down for the last ten minutes through the desert; join up with them to start catching Jeff and JB
47:00 - switched to @Joffey's view for the finish of the race (I catch JB and Jeff at probably about 47:50 but camera is still on leaders)
49:35 - final half mile between me, Jeff and JB (we let the other two race off ahead - not on ZP so they wouldn't affect the result)
I managed somehow to thread the needle between Jeff and JB in that sprint! I didn't want to overtake Jeff in case he needed the points to win, so tried to slow a little, but at the same time I had to keep enough power to hold off JB. It does look on screen as though JB might just have got me on the line, but the results say I held on by 0.082 seconds (and was 0.048 behind Jeff)

Last edited:

JLaw

Veteran
I managed somehow to thread the needle between Jeff and JB in that sprint! I didn't want to overtake Jeff in case he needed the points to win, so tried to slow a little, but at the same time I had to keep enough power to hold off JB. It does look on screen as though JB might just have got me on the line, but the results say I held on by 0.082 seconds (and was 0.048 behind Jeff)
Amazing. Simply amazing. The video makes to so clear that I was out of gas at the end.

So with JB in C next week, I guess we fight it out amongst ourselves and whatever random racer shows up in the lead group. BTW, it looks like we must have pushed JB hard today. Look at his HR relative to prior races.

Last edited:

mjd1988

Guru

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b73geHamEmo
(it's currently still only showing as low quality, but it should improve to HD within the hour)

Highlights:
8:30 - I start to lose the group, seemingly get back on briefly, but by 10:00 I'm toast and there's no way I can catch up again
15:55 - switched to @JLaw's view for the KOM finish
25:50 - switched to @JLaw's view for the Desert sprint
38:10 - I get caught by the two riders who have been chasing me down for the last ten minutes through the desert; join up with them to start catching Jeff and JB
47:00 - switched to @Joffey's view for the finish of the race (I catch JB and Jeff at probably about 47:50 but camera is still on leaders)
49:35 - final half mile between me, Jeff and JB (we let the other two race off ahead - not on ZP so they wouldn't affect the result)

That is an amazing finish! Well worth the watch

steverob

Guru
Amazing. Simply amazing. The video makes to so clear that I was out of gas at the end.
Yeah, but that's not that much of a surprise, given how far out you went from. Even I probably went a bit too early for the sprint - thought the banner was a lot closer to the bridges than it is, plus I knew I had to get a lead on JB as he's got more power - but you went a good ten seconds before me!

Proud that I managed to match JB every time he upped the pace though. My legs were like jelly afterwards.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Just watched Steen's ride, he suffered the same fait as I. Dropped coming out of the Volcano:ohmy: I was lucky though with a pack of rider behind to join up with. The heat was getting to me from the get go, the 3% drag on the flat section just blew me, I had to back off.

Roll on next week.:laugh:

Top Bottom