Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
Who else is racing tonight...
I can see @Joffey, @Del C, @IrishAl, @Whorty & @mjd1988 plus myself.

Are we gonna ride in the same kit...?

Fair few more than that signed on at the companion app, maybe 5 or 6 others?

Makes sense to ride in same kit, the race seems to be largely people from the same time. Green basic or vintage?

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Fair few more than that signed on at the companion app, maybe 5 or 6 others?

Makes sense to ride in same kit, the race seems to be largely people from the same time. Green basic or vintage?
The 5 minute waiting time is to (hopefully) allow other non-cc racers time to get up the road. We might start to pick up stragglers on the volcano first or second time. Hopefully we don’t get lapped by the fastest A riders 🤭 - I can’t see that happening.

edit...so I don’t think we need to be in the same kit. I’d even suggest different kits so we can pick out our nemesis Friends

I just wished they had used the real france map/world rather than some fictional world as that would have given them a massive world of roads to add on (plus possibly Italy, Belgium, Spain too). Missed opportunity, or was this forced by the TdF organisers?
Ummm...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200714-054822.png
    Screenshot_20200714-054822.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 6

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Up the volcano climb twice. Yikes. My only hope is to stick to the fast folk at the start then have enough of a lead that when I get dropped the first time up I can still cling onto anyone behind. Then stick with them to the foot of the second one then ride home alone! If I get dropped before the first climb I'm probably going to bail as legs are already pretty tired

In fact looking at who has signed up there doesn't seem to be any c's or ds yet?
I've (re) signed up. I'm 60/40 doing it so long as no emergencies here. I'm on leave this week hence why I can hopefully ride on a Tuesday (and maybe even tomorrow too :laugh: ). If I'm the only C though I'm going to be tail end Charlie :surrender: Could do with others to keep me company at the back :bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:

Edit : that's me, Ian and Joffey :wahhey:

Last edited:

Whorty

The 5 minute waiting time is to (hopefully) allow other non-cc racers time to get up the road. We might start to pick up stragglers on the volcano first or second time. Hopefully we don’t get lapped by the fastest A riders 🤭 - I can’t see that happening.

edit...so I don’t think we need to be in the same kit. I’d even suggest different kits so we can pick out our nemesis Friends
5 mins start to the main group .... that would be a good 2.5km lead :tongue: And we're then rolling for a mile they'll be even further ahead. We may catch the odd straggler but not many I wouldn't think. Always good to have a target though :gun:

Whorty

I've signed up and I 'should' be able to race but I imagine if I get dropped early I'll just abandon if I can't find a group to tag on to. I don't fancy a 20 mile solo ride round that course.
Hopefully you'll be able to ride with me and @Spartak - apart from the volcano climb (which is actually quite an easy climb apart from the final bit) it's a flattish/rolling course that should suit your power. We just need to convince @mjd1988 and @Brendan Parker to lend us a wheel :whistle:

mjd1988

Guru
Hopefully you'll be able to ride with me and @Spartak - apart from the volcano climb (which is actually quite an easy climb apart from the final bit) it's a flattish/rolling course that should suit your power. We just need to convince @mjd1988 and @Brendan Parker to lend us a wheel :whistle:

As I say my plan is the same as always, start strong and then cling onto any group I can when dropped, which will happen on both climbs I imagine!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I might be proven wrong (hard to believe I know...😄). But I genuinely believe we’ll be in biggish groups until the first climb.

volcano-climb-zwifthub.png

There’s a couple of little lumps on the lead in but if people dig in and hold on then I can see us sticking together. Will people attack before the climb knowing they have the climb to come? It should be interesting. From a personal perspective I’ve been struggling quite a bit with energy lately. So as negative as it sounds I’ll just be pleased to get around...

Whorty

I might be proven wrong (hard to believe I know...😄). But I genuinely believe we’ll be in biggish groups until the first climb.

View attachment 535952

There’s a couple of little lumps on the lead in but if people dig in and hold on then I can see us sticking together. Will people attack before the climb knowing they have the climb to come? It should be interesting. From a personal perspective I’ve been struggling quite a bit with energy lately. So as negative as it sounds I’ll just be pleased to get around...
What's the etiquette tonight? We roll for first mile (?) but then once @IrishAl drops the flag is it race on or are we still actively trying to stick together? Not that I'm planning to go off the front, but I'm trying to gauge when I'll be dropped :laugh:

Spartak