Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Tempo ride for me today and likely only 1 lap. I have TTT Thursday and need to save legs for that and Etape at the weekend.
Thursday is 2 days away, plenty of time to rest and recover .... anyone would think you're an old man who needs extra time between rides to recover fully .... oh, hold on, you are 👨‍🦳 😂

For some of us we still have youth on our side * and recover quickly ... this will be my 5th ride in 6 days 😎

* I may regret saying that second time up the volcano ☠

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Thursday is 2 days away, plenty of time to rest and recover .... anyone would think you're an old man who needs extra time between rides to recover fully .... oh, hold on, you are 👨‍🦳 😂

For some of us we still have youth on our side * and recover quickly ... this will be my 5th ride in 6 days 😎

When you said you were 60/40 I thought you meant to make tonight’s race. I’m starting to think you meant 60 posts in 40 minutes! :laugh:

bobinski

Legendary Member
L

Or the first...😁

<Tommy>

What's the etiquette tonight? We roll for first mile (?) but then once @IrishAl drops the flag is it race on or are we still actively trying to stick together? Not that I'm planning to go off the front, but I'm trying to gauge when I'll be dropped :laugh:

Roll out on Alan’s shout (5minutes after the proper race has buggered off). stay in and around myself and Alan for the first mile. Al then declares the race on. No immediate attacks. Just a ramp up until ‘race pace’ rather than a sprint from the off:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:

<Tommy>

Guys don’t forget if you’re spinning on the line to stop at least 20/30 seconds before the countdown hits zero or you’ll start heading off!

mid you want to spin for a bit longer go into the pairing screen where you can safely spin without setting off. But keep an eye on the time

good luck!🤞🤞

mjd1988

Guru
Are we doing discord?

My turbo tyre sounds like it's on it's last legs. Serious noise and movement

Last edited:

mjd1988

Guru
Sorry had to bail fellas.

That was shaping up to be a really interesting one, but little one wasn't well so had to jump off.

@Joffey strong move to attack from the gun!

Great blob formed early doors. I'm tempted to hope that I would have held onto the group I was in but realistically I was hanging on by fingertips and an attack near the top would have dropped me if anyone wanted to

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Sorry had to bail fellas.

That was shaping up to be a really interesting one, but little one wasn't well so had to jump off.

@Joffey strong move to attack from the gun!

Great blob formed early doors. I'm tempted to hope that I would have held onto the group I was in but realistically I was hanging on by fingertips and an attack near the top would have dropped me if anyone wanted to
Hope little one feeling better soon Michael :hugs:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Great racing tonight guys! I don’t really know how that finished as I was soo sooo far back lol. I’m blaming using up too many candles trying to chase down the 2 man break. I got dropped just as a road started to rise up on the volcano for the second time. I had nothing left in the legs. Hopefully everyone enjoyed it and we will see what the results on Zwiftpower show.
another positive note was that everyone was very respectful of the rules tonight 😂

Top Bottom