Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks all. Enjoyed that.

I was a bit meh about riding today. Spending all day on the phone, listening to music on hold, sorting out Dad's affairs and speaking to company Bereavement Teams isn't exactly the best way to prepare for a race, but it worked well and it was a good workout. Certainly blew all the day's crap out of my system.

Great riding with @Brendan Parker for the whole race. Very touching when he said "Don't wait for me" on the 2nd climb. As if I had any chance of riding away from him! @peterob joined us for the 2nd climb and the 3 of us stayed together all the way to the line.
was a great ride cheers Del.
well done everyone. Now can we leave the uphill stuff alone now please 😂
I think this format worked really well. Cheers Tommy and Al for organising 👍🏼

bobinski

Legendary Member
No race is complete without a hill👍😀

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
The credit definitely goes to alan! Piggy backing onto an organised race and the roll out worked really well. I’d like to take some credit for something, but other than having a big gob I can’t really think of anything...

Next instalment is the individual TT. With the person who finished last in this race setting off first, and the person who finished second last heading off 30 seconds later, and so on through the order (another idea from the mind of Alan!). Hopefully no one feels isolated or that they’re in a race of their own this time. There’s going to be lots of stories afterwards of people just holding people off or alternatively getting caught at the line. It should be a proper laugh.

So... if everyone says what type of course they’d like to do, I’ll try my best to make sure that no one is happy with the one we choose. Hey Alan, I’ve just realised what I can take credit for! :evil::laugh:

Joffey

Big Dosser
Great race tonight chaps! Well the first 2.5 miles were great, then I kind of imploded on myself and had to endure the worst 26 miles of riding I've had for some time! I didn't see the no attack instruction a few pages back but I'm not sure what I did was classed as an attack, it didn't last long.

But as a reward for being so silly I get to go first in the ITT in 2 weeks! :hyper: Those pesky Cat A riders won't catch me this time!!! :boxing: unless someone makes the TT really hilly... :sad:

Cheers to the organisers & to Spartak for the company. I hated that course.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
The credit definitely goes to alan! Piggy backing onto an organised race and the roll out worked really well. I’d like to take some credit for something, but other than having a big gob I can’t really think of anything...

Next instalment is the individual TT. With the person who finished last in this race setting off first, and the person who finished second last heading off 30 seconds later, and so on through the order (another idea from the mind of Alan!). Hopefully no one feels isolated or that they’re in a race of their own this time. There’s going to be lots of stories afterwards of people just holding people off or alternatively getting caught at the line. It should be a proper laugh.

So... if everyone says what type of course they’d like to do, I’ll try my best to make sure that no one is happy with the one we choose. Hey Alan, I’ve just realised what I can take credit for! :evil::laugh:
Don’t be so modest 😂
In fairness there wasn’t too much organising to do other than share a race link and cajole people into riding.
Are we planning on Wednesday 29th July for the TT?
Everyone is welcome even if they couldn’t take part tonight. We will find a suitable starting position based on ability / here say / toss of a coin 😇

Marino.g

Veteran
Well miracles never happen :angel:

Tour de Yorkshire have offered me and only me a refund :hello:, despite their original contract.

So...........

off I go to book a 3 week all inclusive family trip to the Caribbean 😷😷😷🤧
My email said that they would automatically enter me for the 2021 tour but no date has been decided.
There was a link you could go to and I guess that’s a link to apply for the refund but I need to have a look.

Joffey

Big Dosser

Just noticed that Cycling Weekly are running a weekly Club 10 TT on Wednesdays at 6pm. We wouldn't be able to set off in 30 second intervals but if might take the organising out of it? Just an idea (and trying to save people work lol).

Top Bottom