Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
If anyone is interested, below is a link to the race last night ..... some may find it more interesting than others :laugh:

It's worth watching just to re-live the banter during the pre-race roll out :laugh:.The other riders in the actual, normal race must have wondered what the hell was going on!!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
My email said that they would automatically enter me for the 2021 tour but no date has been decided.
There was a link you could go to and I guess that’s a link to apply for the refund but I need to have a look.
Yes the great unwashed are only allowed a free entry for 2021- dates TBA

secret link to refund send paypal payment to me £25
:biggrin:

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Just noticed that Cycling Weekly are running a weekly Club 10 TT on Wednesdays at 6pm. We wouldn't be able to set off in 30 second intervals but if might take the organising out of it? Just an idea (and trying to save people work lol).

What course do they use...?

steverob

Guru
Don’t be so modest 😂
In fairness there wasn’t too much organising to do other than share a race link and cajole people into riding.
Are we planning on Wednesday 29th July for the TT?
Everyone is welcome even if they couldn’t take part tonight. We will find a suitable starting position based on ability / here say / toss of a coin 😇
Hopefully I will be able to take part in the next one. Work says they are unlikely to need me back in the office until at least the 3rd August now, so here's hoping.

And my start time for any handicap race should be easy to work out - I'll just start at the same time as @Joffey does, as we normally end up with fairly similar power outputs for most of the races we've done in the past.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Lonely ride after 30 mins :ohmy:
Kind of, but a good workout. And seeing @peterob just ahead gave me a reason to keep pushing on. Once I grabbed his wheel I gained from the extra speed :okay:

mjd1988

Guru
If anyone is interested, below is a link to the race last night ..... some may find it more interesting than others :laugh:

I'm always terrified if I try and record a race it will overwhelm my crappy old laptop, always glad someone else does though!

Not sure why I attacked up the little ramp into the volcano near the start. Not sure what my plan was there!

Happy with power output on reflection; 303 watts average for the 20 mins I did (albeit I only really did 20 mins effort total)

BurningLegs

Veteran
Genuine question here, what are the benefits of a smart bike over a direct drive turbo and dedicated trainer bike?

One that I see is easier/quicker customisation if it shared between members of a household for example, but what else?

bobinski

Legendary Member
Genuine question here, what are the benefits of a smart bike over a direct drive turbo and dedicated trainer bike?

One that I see is easier/quicker customisation if it shared between members of a household for example, but what else?

I am not sure there are any except perhaps avoiding wear and tear on your own bike? Especially if you can’t have a dedicated turbo bike.
you do need a permanent space for it. NEO bike is very heavy. Mines on a mat so I can slide it across the room.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

Nothing maybe an extra tablet holder. Yes they are custom shifters for various bikes

Top Bottom