Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Haha sorry no I entered a random race without looking into the course
TFFT .... I was getting concerned for a minute :laugh:

BurningLegs

Veteran
How does that impact on your wkg / race category? Upper cat B or clenching onto Cat A perhaps?
I’m 65KG (although a couple of recent weigh ins at 63.9) so 252 = 3.9w/kg but I think I can go harder than 252 so probably staying in A for a miserable existing clinging on for dear life :laugh:
What was your previous ftp nick? Like you I’m a bit dubious about zwift ftp’s. I think the best test will be when your really motivated in a race.
I was at 286W so 4.4w/kg. I reckon my new FTP may end up in the 260-270 range.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’m 65KG (although a couple of recent weigh ins at 63.9) so 252 = 3.9w/kg but I think I can go harder than 252 so probably staying in A for a miserable existing clinging on for dear life :laugh:

I was at 286W so 4.4w/kg. I reckon my new FTP may end up in the 260-270 range.

I think it’s a good time for you to get an accurate power reading (not neo power but it’ll have to do :tongue:).

Seriously though, I remember going from bkool to zwift and obviously the drop was pretty dramatic. But because I was still noticeably improving over time it didn’t bother me. I think it’d be more of a bummer if you didn’t have anymore room for growth. Because you still have a load of room for growth you might well find over time that you can actually improve on your best number from your old trainer

Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I think it’s a good time for you to get an accurate power reading (not neo power but it’ll have to do :tongue:).

Seriously though, I remember going from bkool to zwift and obviously the drop was pretty dramatic. But because I was still noticeably improving over time it didn’t bother me. I think it’d be more of a bummer if you didn’t have anymore room for growth. Because you still have a load of room for growth you might well find over time that you can actually improve on your best number from your old trainer
but in the mean time - when are you next racing
^_^

mjd1988

Guru
Hows the recovery going @theboxers ?

Norry1

Legendary Member
Good write up Martin , how did you do “ keeping aero “ ? It will be interesting to see how you progress as you get accustomed to the bike / effort .

I found it reasonably easy to stay "aero" for the 25 minutes. Weirdly, I haven't made any adjustments to the bike from the ones the guy I bought it off was using. He was exactly my height. Back in 2011, I had an expensive bike fit but never felt as comfy as this - although maybe comfy is not the fastest :smile:

2 weeks ago, I put out my best ever 26 minute power doing the TT on my roadbike (282W). This time I felt as if I was working as hard, but put out 263W.

The next 4 weeks TTs are using a 20km route, so we'll see how that goes. Next Sunday I also have the BMCR race which is a 16 mile TT but on roadbikes.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Does Zwift has training plan to just virtual riding?
Gosh that's an old post. I haven't been riding for some 6-7 weeks now. busy with new house. I will hope to try and get back on the bike in August and start Zwift/Trainer-Road in September.

I will re-weigh myself and probably be in D cat.

To answer, yes they have structured training plans, also racing and social riding too :okay:

Joffey

Big Dosser
That’s the event now fixed.
https://www.zwift.com/events/view/990145

once you sign up you’re given your start time. I was 4th to sign up for B and I’m off at 1900h. My experience on these iTTs is that they fire riders off in 10 second waves So it Would take a lot of sign ups to Significantly delay your start.

oddly Zwift told Richie that only Bologna or Tick Tock can be used for iTT events, but Del and maybe others were saying how other events have been run on other courses.

Interesting - looks like you can use any bike according to Richie but there is no drafting. So is the Zwift Titty faster than the Cervélo S3d? Questions questions questions!!!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I found it reasonably easy to stay "aero" for the 25 minutes. Weirdly, I haven't made any adjustments to the bike from the ones the guy I bought it off was using. He was exactly my height. Back in 2011, I had an expensive bike fit but never felt as comfy as this - although maybe comfy is not the fastest :smile:

2 weeks ago, I put out my best ever 26 minute power doing the TT on my roadbike (282W). This time I felt as if I was working as hard, but put out 263W.

The next 4 weeks TTs are using a 20km route, so we'll see how that goes. Next Sunday I also have the BMCR race which is a 16 mile TT but on roadbikes.

I did a few of the 15 miler TT around us. I liked them, being a bit less frantic in pacing 37-39 mins from memory

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Does Zwift has training plan to just virtual riding?
As @theboxers says, yes there are a whole host of workouts and training plans available. It also has the nice feature that you can create your own custom workouts which is something I do. If you're new to cycling there are plenty of build-up plans, but if you're more experienced there are some lung busters available too :okay:

Top Bottom