Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
There’s also this for those looking for an early Sunday ride up Ventou😁
Check out this event on Zwift!
https://www.zwift.com/events/view/983376

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I was reading up on the consultation for revised highway code. Some early ideas are

- "Introducing a hierarchy of road users which ensures that those road users who can do the greatest harm have the greatest responsibility to reduce the danger or threat they may pose to others."

Please make this presumed liability in law. It works extremely well in Germany and other cycle friendly countries

- "Clarifying existing rules on pedestrian priority on pavements, to advise that drivers and riders should give way to pedestrians crossing or waiting to cross the road,
providing guidance on cyclist priority at junctions to advise drivers to give priority to cyclists at junctions when travelling straight ahead."

I like

"Establishing guidance on safe passing distances and speeds when overtaking cyclists and horse riders."

Move over to the other carriageway!

BurningLegs

Veteran
All good points, let’s see if any of them actually make it in!

I can’t imagine presumed liability making it, but the safe passing distance could well do. The clarification of existing rules for pedestrians sounds like a no-brainier.

I think France also have presumed liability. I can already here the car lobby chorus “that will increase the price of car insurance” combined with “cyclists don’t pay any insurance or tax”. It would be so deeply unpopular that I just can’t see the government stomaching it tbh

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
All good points, let’s see if any of them actually make it in!

I can’t imagine presumed liability making it, but the safe passing distance could well do. The clarification of existing rules for pedestrians sounds like a no-brainier.

I think France also have presumed liability. I can already here the car lobby chorus “that will increase the price of car insurance” combined with “cyclists don’t pay any insurance or tax”. It would be so deeply unpopular that I just can’t see the government stomaching it tbh
"ROAD TAX, ROAD TAX, ROAD TAX!!!!!!!!!!" I do love it when idiots spout that online :laugh: Also the "all cyclists should wear a helmet" .... as if that's going to help me when a lorry at Bank junction crushes me :eek:

mjd1988

Guru
Anyone got the Gcn race pass? I'm tempted to get the annual race pass (although that could backfire if racing gets cancelled)

Top Bottom