Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Hey @Norry1 ,
How did you do on the time trial on your Valentine bike?

A bit better than 2 weeks ago thanks Randy. I did a 25:47 and came in the top half. Still a long way to go I feel :smile:

My Blog write-up is here ------> https://norryscyclingstuff.weebly.com/blog

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
@IrishAl

Just wondering how the TT will work on Monday? We just on titty bikes and doing the usual mass start? Then it's just first over the line? Or do you not know? ^_^
Im not too sure how you like your titties but I’m told we will be shooting off at intervals rather than all together

Richie that organises it said something about a new event having to be created by Zwift so hold off on signing up until closer to the day

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
New York sky roads circuit plus mass category start = xx(
You mean Monday? I only see Tick Tock on ZP .... where do you see it's NY now? Of all the courses, NY on the sky roads is probably the worst by far! Really hate those sky roads - only ride them when forced to in a race!

Joffey

Big Dosser
Im not too sure how you like your titties but I’m told we will be shooting off at intervals rather than all together

Richie that organises it said something about a new event having to be created by Zwift so hold off on signing up until closer to the day

Roger that :okay:

Joffey

Big Dosser

I had signed up for the old event earlier, hence me asking, but that event has gone and a new ITT event has been created. I haven't signed up yet as I would hate to be first off :laugh:

mjd1988

Guru
You mean Monday? I only see Tick Tock on ZP .... where do you see it's NY now? Of all the courses, NY on the sky roads is probably the worst by far! Really hate those sky roads - only ride them when forced to in a race!

Haha sorry no I entered a random race without looking into the course

I am turbo less at the moment So had to go outside. It’s actually quite nice you know 😂😂

BurningLegs

Veteran
Took a ride up the Alpe today to set a time and FTP on the new PM.

My previous PB was 45:21 in a race situation where I had a good group and paced it well. Was on a good day and felt strong the whole way.

Today I got 51:11 and backed off for one turn thinking I was cooked, but came back. 2nd fastest of 15 efforts so not a disaster or a shock really. I’m confident I’d go sub 50mins in a race.

FTP came out as 252W so will see what happens to that. I think it might increase in an IRL race.

One thing I’ve noticed about the power reading from the PM compared to trainer is the immediacy. I’ve always had Zwift set to instant power reading rather than 3sec avg but it looks like my trainer was doing some smoothing anyway.

That power chart would have been smoother previously, I can even see where I back off the power for a split second to change gear!

Attachments

• A04E9E2B-F542-4FAA-AABB-2AE9AA704A57.jpeg
    A04E9E2B-F542-4FAA-AABB-2AE9AA704A57.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 3

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **

View: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TeamIRL/permalink/2819248598309616/

You can sign up. I think the earlier you sign up the sooner your start time

That’s the event now fixed.
https://www.zwift.com/events/view/990145

once you sign up you’re given your start time. I was 4th to sign up for B and I’m off at 1900h. My experience on these iTTs is that they fire riders off in 10 second waves So it Would take a lot of sign ups to Significantly delay your start.

oddly Zwift told Richie that only Bologna or Tick Tock can be used for iTT events, but Del and maybe others were saying how other events have been run on other courses.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **

My previous PB was 45:21 in a race situation where I had a good group and paced it well. Was on a good day and felt strong the whole way.

Today I got 51:11 and backed off for one turn thinking I was cooked, but came back. 2nd fastest of 15 efforts so not a disaster or a shock really. I’m confident I’d go sub 50mins in a race.

FTP came out as 252W so will see what happens to that. I think it might increase in an IRL race.

One thing I’ve noticed about the power reading from the PM compared to trainer is the immediacy. I’ve always had Zwift set to instant power reading rather than 3sec avg but it looks like my trainer was doing some smoothing anyway.

That power chart would have been smoother previously, I can even see where I back off the power for a split second to change gear!
How does that impact on your wkg / race category? Upper cat B or clenching onto Cat A perhaps?

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

What was your previous ftp nick? Like you I’m a bit dubious about zwift ftp’s. I think the best test will be when your really motivated in a race.

Top Bottom