Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I guess I should really sign up for the B race. I’ve had a few IRL C riders giving out (in a friendly manner) already. I just say I’m looking for an easy recovery day which seems the usual sandbaggers excuse.

So are we having tactics tonight in B or do we preempt the Mike Tyson quote and just see how it pans out?
I'm happy you staying in C ... I've a truce set up with the IRL guys, 2 w/kg easy pace tonight as too hot to race :laugh: Gonna need those fans tonight more than ever, and stay hydrated all day.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I was kind of contemplating racing tonight. But it’s going to be 30 degrees down here at 7pm so... I’m leaning towards and giant HELL NO! at the moment...

That course makes it look pretty straight forward though doesn’t it? I’ll be very surprised if there isn’t still a big group together at the bottom of the kom. Then a bit of carnage to finish off with!
Blimey I just checked the forecast and it's due to be nearly as hot here then too! I hadn't really thought about the heat but that's because it's meant to be pretty hot here now and it just isn't at all! I hope I can say the same at 7pm....

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I'm happy to try and do a job for the team or for someone who's in contention for a series win or whatever. Having said that, planning to do something in advance, and actually managing to do it in the race itself is often a very different matter!

I would make a suggestion or two but we may be being monitored 🤫 :ph34r:
I’m well clear in second place in the league but I think Sam Coleman is unbeatable so I’ve settled for 2nd. I’m happy to do a job for the team as well.

If the number of entrants remain low it would be interesting to see if a few of us could ping off the front and get away but that usually ends up in the break being chased down. Alternatively I’m happy to launch solo a 4 or 5 kms out from the finish and then the other CCers can sit in the bunch and make the others work. When I’m caught then someone Else can go for a break.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I’m well clear in second place in the league but I think Sam Coleman is unbeatable so I’ve settled for 2nd. I’m happy to do a job for the team as well.

If the number of entrants remain low it would be interesting to see if a few of us could ping off the front and get away but that usually ends up in the break being chased down. Alternatively I’m happy to launch solo a 4 or 5 kms out from the finish and then the other CCers can sit in the bunch and make the others work. When I’m caught then someone Else can go for a break.
That would be good - it was the kind of thing I was thinking and if nothing else would spice things up a bit! I'm happy to do the same, and either go first, or go for the counter attack when the first person who goes is inevitably caught. I'm obviously a bit less known than you amongst the other contenders, so I don't know if that affects your thinking on who should go when?

Also, we could either coordinate those kind of attacks a few kms from the finish liek you say, or leading up to the KOM - or both!

Whether this will work does all depend on how frantic the pace is and whether I have the energy to actually launch any meaningful kind of attack, but logic does suggest if you were looking to win the race or the KOM sprint you would sit in and save as much energy as possible, so if the majority are thinking like this, it may just be possible

bridgy

Legendary Member
It would be a brave man that bets against an Ineos win at the tdf. I think you’ll get a good price though if you fancy a punt.

Honestly I think every tour since wiggins won, apart from when nibali won after froome crashed out, it’s looked nailed on.
Alaphillippe gave them a little bit of a scare last year didn't he?!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Blimey I just checked the forecast and it's due to be nearly as hot here then too! I hadn't really thought about the heat but that's because it's meant to be pretty hot here now and it just isn't at all! I hope I can say the same at 7pm....

Yeah I’m definitely getting the itch to race. Is like to race at least once a week even though I’m out more now. I think it’s just too hot for me at the moment. Maybe later in the week though if you fancy it. Thunder storms predicted so it could become slightly more bearable.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Alaphillippe gave them a little bit of a scare last year didn't he?!

I mean he had a brilliant tour. But I think it was a question of when he was going to blow rather than if. Fair enough he lasted longer than anyone expected. But I didn’t think at the time he was realistically going to win the race. I get that it’s the job of the tv companies and media to hype it up and to try and make it as interesting as possible. But I think honestly everyone is just waiting for him to crack.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Not finishing last is my aim... 😜
Only advice I can give you, is work feckin hard that first minute or two to stay in the lead group - if you can then the next 12km will be nice, flat and fast and should be 'fairly' easy to sit in if the blob is big enough :okay: Get dropped early though and that group is going to fly away on those flat roads :eek:

I'll be surprised if B or C drop many riders today before the KoM ... that's where the fun/pain starts :hyper:

Spartak