Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Am I right in thinking the KOM is that 2 minute climb onto the bridge? Averages about 5%? 25 mins in?
Yes, that's the one - on my video it starts at about 13km, just after the lavender fields on the right hand side of the road. Up until then it's pan flat.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I'd love to see a Frenchman win Le Tour again... 🇫🇷
So would the entirety of France :biggrin: Can't see it happening myself, I think Alaphilippe was flattered last because of the position in the team time trial

Van der Poel and Wout Van Aert are going to be the next big young guns I think ... although Bernal is also looking good for a youngster. It really all comes down to who can really blow the others out of the water in the ITT's ... especially the final one after the mountains

bridgy

Legendary Member
So would the entirety of France :biggrin: Can't see it happening myself, I think Alaphilippe was flattered last because of the position in the team time trial

Van der Poel and Wout Van Aert are going to be the next big young guns I think ... although Bernal is also looking good for a youngster. It really all comes down to who can really blow the others out of the water in the ITT's ... especially the final one after the mountains
Not sure what you mean by this - Deceuninck Quickstep finished behind both Ineos and Jumbo Visma in theTTT?

Joffey

Big Dosser
Mini Map Query

What on earth are those little icons on the bottom? I can never tell where I am. So, can anyone please tell me:

I presume we are riding from left to right...

1. The first one looks like a red finish flag, the second looks like the sprint?
2. The Z icon. Is that me? Or am I the little dot with the orange arrow in above the Z and suspended by white dots?
3. The blue finish flag? Is that the top of the climb?

I can't find anything online to explain it :wacko:

Whorty

Mini Map Query

View attachment 540896

What on earth are those little icons on the bottom? I can never tell where I am. So, can anyone please tell me:

View attachment 540897

1. The first one looks like a red finish flag, the second looks like the sprint?
2. The Z icon. Is that me? Or am I the little dot with the orange arrow in above the Z and suspended by white dots?

I can't find anything online to explain it :wacko:
On that course yesterday I rode right to left (based on the area and icons you highlighted). The 'Z' is the start banner, the Green is the Sprint and the Red is the KoM. Don't all maps show these?

mjd1988

Guru
I'll be home alone with the baby monitor but will probably need to bail at some point (teething is fun eh!) So if anyone wants to attack early on I'm happy to do something stupid

Had another race yesterday. It was a British Masters race which would normally be a road race, but due to government restrictions, it had to be run in TT format. Thoroughly enjoyed it, finishing mid-pack so plenty of improvement required. Blog report here https://norryscyclingstuff.weebly.com/blog with a couple more pics. (Big thanks to Cheryl Owens for the Action Shots)

View attachment 540816
I was wondering why no time trial bike. Nice write up and strong race. Congratulations.

Joffey

Big Dosser
On that course yesterday I rode right to left (based on the area and icons you highlighted). The 'Z' is the start banner, the Green is the Sprint and the Red is the KoM. Don't all maps show these?

That's the route up the mountain, so just wondering where I am in relation to it.

steverob

Guru
Mini Map Query
Not necessarily... in this particular situation, the map is assuming (based on where you currently are on the map and also possibly the route you've chosen) that you are aiming to climb Ventoux - that's why the shaded area is showing such a climb towards the end! So if you were climbing Ventoux (or at least heading towards the Ventoux turning), you would be going left to right, but if you were coming down from the summit, then you'd be going right to left.
The red dotted flag is a KOM, the green dot is a sprint. In this route, it looks like the KOM is the Aqueduct (which is why it doesn't look very big), while the sprint would be the Ballon Sprint (which is on the winding road that cuts across the middle of the French map). If at any point you switch to another route by taking a junction that Zwift wasn't expecting you to pick, then this map will probably change and give you different dots based on the new route.
The Z should mark the start/finish banner of the route where it is a loop, or possibly in this case the Start Pens. You are the smaller orange dot appearing above the line, with the little white dots being other riders. If you look REALLY closely, your orange icon is supposed to show a tiny arrow in it pointing left or right to show which way you are facing, but on this screenshot it's a little blurry.
That's the top of Ventoux - like Alpe du Zwift, it gets a slightly different colour icon compared to standard KOMs.

Last edited:

Whorty

That's the route up the mountain, so just wondering where I am in relation to it.
Ah, I see .... the little orange circle is you in relation to these primes. The little grey dots are other riders ... but it's all so tiny that it's hard to see how accurate it can be. Must confess, I rarely look at it.

Edit: I see Steve has answered more comprehensively than me :smile:

Top Bottom