Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Wow. bloody wow TDF
I was just going to say the same. :eek:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
@Brusgaard ... I see a new Danish Zwift team launched in the last day or so - DZR. Is this a breakaway from DBR? The post on Facebook seemed to suggest some gripes about structure and commercial things.

I think it is “run“ by Claus Nielsen, who was previously invovled with the Fusion ECT team. The best teams in Denmark are PO AUTO, Fusion ECT / Fusion Development and then maybe DBR-RT (DBR Race Team). You can’t just join those teams, but have to be approved. The POAUTO and Fusion teams are somewhat commercial/sponsored teams, and I think DBR-RT has a bit of sponsoring too.

The new Danish Zwift Racing (DZR) team is a non-profit team, like Team CycleChat, where no one makes money or sponsored items (trainers, bikes, clothing etc.). Not the best name they have chosen though, as DBR‘s English Facebook page is called Danish Zwift Racers. People will be confused when the DZR abbreviation is used online.

That said, FUSION / Claus Nielsen, do have a history with the DBR team management, so I’m sure it is completely intentional. :laugh:

Last edited:

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Nice mate :hugs: Didn't realise you lived near Bath. Some nice lumps out that way, at least on the routes I drive from Mere into Bath.

The sunshine (and a carer!) coaxed me to venture out again today too. 81kms with almost 1000 metres of climbing. Found some nice local hills to tryout - one has switchbacks and per Strava shows as a top100 climb so quite chuffed I went that way today.

Certainly helps to clear the mind getting out in the real world :okay:

Live on the NE edge of Bristol, so Bath is easily accessible along the B to B track, which is nice & flat...😉

Although, as you say some of the local hills are great and very challenging.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Slightly off topic......

Completed my 2020 running goal today.... To run 250km in the year.... ( 5K / week ).

Finally believe my body is conditioned to running after several injuries over the last couple of years.

It's been hard but I think my cycling stamina ( I'm used to riding 200 - 400 kms in difficult conditions ) has helped me realise my goal, and I do look forward to my running nowadays.

Lockdown has helped & being furloughed for 8 weeks enabled me to get out for longer runs in the good weather.

It's just a shame that any 'competitive' events have been curtailed but I have managed to run a 10K in under 60 mins. & significantly improved my pace for a 5K.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Slightly off topic......

Completed my 2020 running goal today.... To run 250km in the year.... ( 5K / week ).

Finally believe my body is conditioned to running after several injuries over the last couple of years.

It's been hard but I think my cycling stamina ( I'm used to riding 200 - 400 kms in difficult conditions ) has helped me realise my goal, and I do look forward to my running nowadays.

Lockdown has helped & being furloughed for 8 weeks enabled me to get out for longer runs in the good weather.

It's just a shame that any 'competitive' events have been curtailed but I have managed to run a 10K in under 60 mins. & significantly improved my pace for a 5K.
Good going Ian. Running always seems to set off back trouble for me. I started a couch to 5k programme last week and I’m going to stick to the plan religiously - hopefully the easy start will allow the muscles to get used to whatever they have to do. I don’t particular enjoy running but it’s a bit of variety for the winter months.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Me too.
Spent far too much time in the service of other riders in the past so good to see him get some autumnal glory.

Bob when I first read this post I thought it would be a bit nit picky to point out that’s he’s actually been a team leader for the last 5 odd years. In fact maybe it’s mostly crap luck rather than lack of opportunity that’s meant he hasn’t podiumed before now? But I just read that he’s going back to ineos next year. Maybe it’s old news? So realistically this might of been his last shot at a podium at the tdf at least.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bob when I first read this post I thought it would be a bit nit picky to point out that’s he’s actually been a team leader for the last 5 odd years. In fact maybe it’s mostly crap luck rather than lack of opportunity that’s meant he hasn’t podiumed before now? But I just read that he’s going back to ineos next year. Maybe it’s old news? So realistically this might of been his last shot at a podium at the tdf at least.

You are right. My memories of him are helping Froom win a tour and then leaving for BMC where he seemed to crash an awful lot. But he was the team leader and after that with Trek too.

Spartak