Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
They just work and I could change a wheel in 20 seconds

Once fitted disc brakes are quite well protected but a ham fisted bike mechanic in a rush could bend a rotor, that seems to be the only drawback for racing

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Im not sure this is a good move for the rider

Tom Pidcock signs for Ineos
Learn his skills from the best team before moving on? Although I think they'll be seeing him as the future generation GC lead. He'll also have opportunities initially in the shorter tours.

mjd1988

Guru
Im not sure this is a good move for the rider

Tom Pidcock signs for Ineos

It's a bit like a young footballer going to man city isn't it? Might spend more time on the bench. Or you might benefit from working with experienced heads.

Bernal, Thomas, Dennis, carapaz, amador, sivakov, yates, Porte, hart? Lots of riders that will want some sort of a crack as a leader (some of those moreso than others)

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
It's a bit like a young footballer going to man city isn't it? Might spend more time on the bench. Or you might benefit from working with experienced heads.

Bernal, Thomas, Dennis, carapaz, amador, sivakov, yates, Porte, hart? Lots of riders that will want some sort of a crack as a leader (some of those moreso than others)

Maybe the complete lack of sentiment Brailsford has, gives young riders a belief that if they show the form to lead then they’ll get their chance?

Carapaz signing was a bit of a surprise to me. Because he must of known going in it was a bit of a sideways move where as you’d think he might want to be assured of a leaders role. You never know what goes on behind the scene though. Ineos have the big bank roll. From a fans point of view we just assume riders are always going for glory. But if you get offered a monster pay check loads of guys might put the glory on the back burner?

mjd1988

Guru
Maybe the complete lack of sentiment Brailsford has, gives young riders a belief that if they show the form to lead then they’ll get their chance?

Carapaz signing was a bit of a surprise to me. Because he must of known going in it was a bit of a sideways move where as you’d think he might want to be assured of a leaders role. You never know what goes on behind the scene though. Ineos have the big bank roll. From a fans point of view we just assume riders are always going for glory. But if you get offered a monster pay check loads of guys might put the glory on the back burner?

Fair, it's a short career and one crash can end it very suddenly, so I don't begrudge seeking a bit of financial security. Having a largely English speaking staff based in england is a big advantage too.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

I forgot Yates was going there too! I assume Tao Geigenhart is another young rider who will want to lead at some stage? The 3 grand tours next year will be interesting - presumably they got Yates on the promise of a GC lead, and Carapaz not given a chance this year so he might be promised a lead too next year. Not read about Porte and his reasons for coming across but I'd guess as a super-domestique with a big pay cheque.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Once fitted disc brakes are quite well protected but a ham fisted bike mechanic in a rush could bend a rotor, that seems to be the only drawback for racing
Pretty much exactly what happened to me, when fitting the wheel the first time on the tandem ... just a slight bend in the rotor, not enough to slow the bike down, but enough to give it a slight 'ring' when going along at speed ... A mere hundred quid to replace the rotor :cry:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Pretty much exactly what happened to me, when fitting the wheel the first time on the tandem ... just a slight bend in the rotor, not enough to slow the bike down, but enough to give it a slight 'ring' when going along at speed ... A mere hundred quid to replace the rotor :cry:

I bent my hope rotors by not removing them whilst transporting wheels. A spanner carefully straightened the bends.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Not last night, but I'm planning to do stage 4 of the 3R Sundowner race series tonight at 19.40 - hoping things go slightly better than last week's disaster! (Although I did do running again last night so possibly not!). Anyone else doing this?

Top Bottom