Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I was eyeing up the 30m ones yesterday but wont know if they will fit until we get the thru axle gubbins for the wheels and pop them on the frame-tolerance looks tight.
How big is your frame? :eek:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Don't shoot the messenger:

Zwift Pricing Update
zwift-2.0-profile.png

Scott B.
Today at 17:05
Follow

Effective November 16, 2017, we increased our monthly Zwift membership from USD$9.99 to USD$14.99 (your price may vary due to local currency or tax requirements).

If you were a paying Zwifter before November 16, you are automatically grandfathered for one year at your current pricing until November 15, 2018.

• Any Zwifter who has paid for at least one month of Zwift, either directly or indirectly through our partners or a gift card, is eligible.
  • Zwifters who have temporarily suspended their membership will also be grandfathered. (Note: Zwifters paying via iTunes that decide to suspend their membership and renew must do so online by logging into their dashboard on zwift.com).
If you were enjoying our free trial with an account created before November 16, 2017 but never purchased a membership, you are eligible to join Zwift for a limited time offer of USD$9.99/month, but you must join before December 15, 2017. This offer cannot be redeemed via iTunes and must be purchased by logging into your dashboard on zwift.com.

More questions? See answers to some common questions below or contact our Member Support Team.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Going to £12.99 for us Brits.

I will most likely keep it for one year, then move to monthly during winter only. I don't use it enough in Summer to justify such a massive price rise.

kipster

Guru
With the number of subscribers they have they can afford to up the prices, some will leave but many will stay and newer riders will continue to join. As long as the changes and improvements keep coming then it's worth the money, if they slow down on changes and improvements then I'd question where I spend my money.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I think that's the reason I heven't ditched BKool, I took them up on an offer of £3.99/month in what must have been a weak moment for them. If I was paying the full 8.99 then I'd be somewhat less than happy ... I won't be going to Zwift at 12.99!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
With the number of subscribers they have they can afford to up the prices, some will leave but many will stay and newer riders will continue to join. As long as the changes and improvements keep coming then it's worth the money, if they slow down on changes and improvements then I'd question where I spend my money.

It would be nice too see a genuine competitor threatening them a little though. Not a big fan of monopoly’s.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
think i will over winter on zwift , while keeping an eye on that tacx activity thingy also brvr and road grand tours seem to just be getting better and better
it seems like a massive price hike while there are more and more joining ! i won't try and understand how it all works and the costs they have , it just seems to me a little greedy on the face of it

bobinski

Legendary Member
It’s a steep hike they have to back up with course extensions, new routes, training plans etc. They also have to ensure the platform is more robust as they expand features and routes. Rumours are they are going to gaming industry to get appropriate people and hardware in place. Anyway, current users have been given a years notice of the change in price and it seems even if you drop out for a fbreak you can come back at that price until November next year. So, I would suggest, not too shabby. It also allows other platforms such as RGT, even Bkool, to stake their place and offer something to lure Zwift users away when the hike really bites.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I'm not overly concerned, since I use both TR and Zwift throughout the year.

I suppose we all work to different household budgets but 12.99 is not a great deal in the scheme of things. But it is pretty cheap for the use I get out of it. I think there should be a family plan though for say 14.99 a month. I know kids under 12 are free so perhaps extend that to 15y too. TR or Sufferfest are on my radar in the new year.

Top Bottom