Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
The thing is, the bike, the turbo, the computer, the screens etc. all belong to me. The only thing that Zwift adds is the distraction that makes hours and hours on a Turbo tolerable. Since I started Zwifting I've got used to watching films, listening to music, watching GCN YouTube vids etc and so Zwift is usually pushed to my second screen and, for the most part, I don't look at it (especially once I hit Lvl 25 and there was nowhere else to go).
Now that I've got used to entertaining myself on the turbo all that Zwift is actually doing in logging my distance (when it doesn't crash) so a basic, free program that did this would probably suffice.
There are times when Zwift provides a welcome distraction (when new courses are released or I ride in a group) that I'd miss but would I miss it enough to pay an extra 50%? Given the frustration that all of the recent glitches has caused (an after work ride to de-stress after a tough days work often leaves me more stressed than ever due to all the issues) I'm undecided at the moment :blush:
I've actually taken days off from Zwifting recently as I can't be bothered with all the faff of trying to get the damn thing working. Basically Zwift have a year (grandfather price) to get their act together before I have to decide (unless a viable alternative comes out, then all bets are off).

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It's not 30%, it's over 50%
I had time to work it out as I sat on my bike trying to log in for over half an hour! :cursing:
I thought is was 9.99 today but going up to 12.99? Just checked my Paypal and you're right, it's £8.00 today so an increase of over 60%. Seems very greedy to me.

Whorty

Carl, you have a year and no doubt bkool will be the leading cycle training and racing software by then:okay:
On prices today I still prefer Bkool to Zwift but as you know do use both. Bkool as a company are frustrating but even with Bkool and Zwift at comparable prices I find I ride more on Bkool. There is no way, for me, that Zwift is worth £13 compared to BKool's £8, but that's my personal thought.

bobinski

Legendary Member
On prices today I still prefer Bkool to Zwift but as you know do use both. Bkool as a company are frustrating but even with Bkool and Zwift at comparable prices I find I ride more on Bkool. There is no way, for me, that Zwift is worth £13 compared to BKool's £8, but that's my personal thought.

Well, having ditched bkool and strava premium i find i am £12 a month better off and so saving the money i can put towards Zwifts increase this time next year:okay:.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I like paying for Strava premium. It just seems right to pay for the service they provide. I’d rather pay than them make their money through advertising revenue.

The money zwift want doesn’t seem outlandish to me, but it’s still a big old hike. I like the fact new customers aren’t getting a sweetener deals at the expense of older customers. It’s a big old sting though if you have a family of cyclists who all use zwift. Like I said earlier, ideally for me there’d be a bit more competition to keep everyone on their toes.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Whichever way you look at it, a 62% price hike is pretty steep! And it has to be compared with similar alternatives.

I will probably take advantage of the remaining year at £8 and let my Bkool membership lapse in March (it was a year's subscription), but will certainly look at the alternative options when it goes up to £12.99 next November. I assume Zwift plan to use the extra revenue to improve it so much that we'll be tripping over each other to pay them £12.99 a month in a year's time - we'll see!

kipster

Guru
I like paying for Strava premium. It just seems right to pay for the service they provide. I’d rather pay than them make their money through advertising revenue.

The money zwift want doesn’t seem outlandish to me, but it’s still a big old hike. I like the fact new customers aren’t getting a sweetener deals at the expense of older customers. It’s a big old sting though if you have a family of cyclists who all use zwift. Like I said earlier, ideally for me there’d be a bit more competition to keep everyone on their toes.
I share the account with my son, I'd take a family account if they did one, but only one of us can ride at a time and i'm tight. Change the weight, height age etc.. job done.

si_c

Guru
Whichever way you look at it, a 62% price hike is pretty steep! And it has to be compared with similar alternatives.

Definitely, one reason I opted for Zwift was that it was the cheaper option than Trainerroad, so even thought he workouts are not as extensive, it had the gamification elements. For me it's largely about the training, racing is an afterthought at the moment, and I don't spend a lot of time looking at the scenery, mostly the numbers. I may end up switching to TR or something else, and I think at £13 a month quite a few people will otherwise, I think they'd have been better moving to £10 a month to start with. Less of a jump.

LBHIFI

Veteran
I have been trying out the Zwift/TodaysPlan combination for some time now. As I understand it, TrainingPeaks also work with Zwift, are there others?

Due to me beeing alone with the kids this weekend, todays VO2 workout marks the end of my 6 weeks TodaysPlan, two days early. Those two days were 4 hours of threshold workouts, which frankly I didn't need much persuasion to drop.

All that remains now is a few days rest and then a FTP test.

<Tommy>

My Wattbke’s coming tomorrow!! Delivery confirmed. Pumped now.
Don’t worry @bobinski and @berty bassett. I’ll still be coming out to play in Kent tomorrow, someone’s got to try and keep Bob away from the ditches and hedgerows :thumbsup:.

Ordered a big, cheapo, Black Friday special tv too, which is coming Sunday. I may have to intercept that one at the door, in case the fun police get wind of ‘operation man cave upgrade’ and bring out the rubber bullets and riot gear! :B)

Now I’ve just got to sign up to zwift and get me one of those Jedi light saber bikes and I’m good to go baby!! :hyper:

Whorty

My Wattbke’s coming tomorrow!! Delivery confirmed. Pumped now.
Don’t worry @bobinski and @berty bassett. I’ll still be coming out to play in Kent tomorrow, someone’s got to try and keep Bob away from the ditches and hedgerows :thumbsup:.

Ordered a big, cheapo, Black Friday special tv too, which is coming Sunday. I may have to intercept that one at the door, in case the fun police get wind of ‘operation man cave upgrade’ and bring out the rubber bullets and riot gear! :B)

Now I’ve just got to sign up to zwift and get me one of those Jedi light saber bikes and I’m good to go baby!! :hyper:
Have you signed up for Zwift already? If not looks like you'll be hit with the new hiked price as it impacts all new users from today. :sad:

<Tommy>

Have you signed up for Zwift already? If not looks like you'll be hit with the new hiked price as it impacts all new users from today. :sad:

Yeah missed the boat on that one Whorty... bleh, what can you do... luckily Christmas is just around the corner so all I have to do is offset the cost against what I intended to spend on presents for my children. Problem solved! :okay:

LBHIFI

Veteran
This. I have just drunk 3 Brewdog punk ipa at 3 for a fiver. Obviously I enjoyed them ^_^ but they are now gone and I think that gives a bit of perspective.
I just saw those in my local supermarket. I hope they were not the same size: 0.7 liter at 5.6% (or was it 6.5%?). About 5£ for one bottle, so went for an Bornholmer IPA (http://www.svanekebryghus.dk/) for less than 2£.
Didn't I just earned 1 week of Zwifting there :dance:?

Top Bottom