Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Zwift have been quite canny getting WTRL to front up to organising this for them so they can avoid any negative publicity from having to enforce this stuff. I really like WTRL's stance in trying to make the racing as fair as possible - they will p1ss off a few people no doubt but I think the vast majority of Zwifters will support them 100%.

As @BurningLegs pointed out a couple of days ago though, this whole series so far is really highlighting how much work Zwift still have to do to simplify race setup, results and category enforcement - hopefully they'll learn a lot from this and make improvements soon.

One issue I can forsee them having is the fact the divisions system is based on teams which can swap around riders at will. So they go to all this work to get teams in appropriate divisions, and that could then be just blown apart by teams simply changing their rota of riders, and we're back to square 1 again effectively.

Anyway, those guys at Zwiftpower and WTRL are way smarter than me so I'm sure they'll get it sorted!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
this whole series so far is really highlighting how much work Zwift still have to do to simplify race setup, results and category enforcement - hopefully they'll learn a lot from this and make improvements soon.

It can’t be new information to them though at this point can it? It’s been a major gripe for so long. I would genuinely like to know why they haven’t made the category system more rigid before now. Like you say, hopefully this increase the pressure on them to stop being so opaque.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Good news - WTRL have removed another 100 people who were obviously sandbagging.

None of us are effected obvs, but I think all of us have moved up one or two places- not enough to change things much but Tommy and Alan have a couple of extra points 👍

Can't make the recce today I'm afraid, enjoy!

https://m.facebook.com/groups/756766388441385?view=permalink&id=777628959688461 comments are fun.

Hopefully full results out soon

Yeah I moved up a couple of places... :okay:
How many points do you get for 95th...?

Sorry @bridgy can't make meet up, thanks for the invite though.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Zwift have been quite canny getting WTRL to front up to organising this for them so they can avoid any negative publicity from having to enforce this stuff. I really like WTRL's stance in trying to make the racing as fair as possible - they will p1ss off a few people no doubt but I think the vast majority of Zwifters will support them 100%.

As @BurningLegs pointed out a couple of days ago though, this whole series so far is really highlighting how much work Zwift still have to do to simplify race setup, results and category enforcement - hopefully they'll learn a lot from this and make improvements soon.

One issue I can forsee them having is the fact the divisions system is based on teams which can swap around riders at will. So they go to all this work to get teams in appropriate divisions, and that could then be just blown apart by teams simply changing their rota of riders, and we're back to square 1 again effectively.

Anyway, those guys at Zwiftpower and WTRL are way smarter than me so I'm sure they'll get it sorted!

I can see them changing the rules to prevent swapping around. They will be able to do so from a position of strength knowing they will carry most of the racing community with them.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Sorry lads - would loved to have joined tonight but was working late again and only catching up.

Re. Category enforcement - have you ever listened to Eric Min on the zwiftcast podcast? It seems Zwift are so afraid to piss off even the cheaters in case they lose a customer. That’s why they went for the slowing down approach in the beta anti-sandbagging set up, rather than a straight forward immediate kicking of a flyer.

<Tommy>

Sorry lads - would loved to have joined tonight but was working late again and only catching up.

Re. Category enforcement - have you ever listened to Eric Min on the zwiftcast podcast? It seems Zwift are so afraid to piss off even the cheaters in case they lose a customer. That’s why they went for the slowing down approach in the beta anti-sandbagging set up, rather than a straight forward immediate kicking of a flyer.

We just had a very similar conversation over discord Al. That’s why I’d have to see it to believe it in terms of zwift changing their policy.

Regarding the course you didn’t miss much mate. Pan flat and relatively short. Perfect course for our first tt as a team 👍

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Tommy, you may have seen that Italy has been removed from the safe list for travelling. 14 day quarantine upon return.

Currently doing the 14 stretch, its extremely inconvenient to put it mildly :sad:

bobinski

Legendary Member
TTT and how not to do it. Don’t have a rider kicked out of Tuesdays series for riding cat B watts in a cat C then join you and ride off the front at Cat A watts. He Smashed the team to pieces from the start and then began to struggle on the 2nd lap and nearly blew on the 3rd. We just got it back together and held on with 4. Negative splits on a multi lap course for the win. Bloody hell that hurt! 😁

<Tommy>

Tommy, you may have seen that Italy has been removed from the safe list for travelling. 14 day quarantine upon return.

Currently doing the 14 stretch, its extremely inconvenient to put it mildly :sad:

I hadn’t seen that Andy.

Myself and @berty bassett actually had a trip to girona already booked up when I posed that question a week or so back. It was that one of the guys was getting cold feet at the prospect of the 2 week quarantine coming back from Spain, so I thought I’d look at other options. In the end we decided to persevere with girona (all of us were prepared to self isolate on our return and the Covid count was comparable to southern Uk at that point. Unfortunately the situation in Catalonia has got worse and two days ago they announced the closure of bars and restaurants. That was the moment we had to admit defeat. I’m gutted really. Gutted for both of us. Which sounds stupid saying out loud because the situation is much more important than a bike trip, and we knew it was always a real possibility when we booked. But both lee and me have been pretty focussed the last few months on getting ourselves in the best shape possible. I’ve not had a drop of alcohol last two weeks, which anyone who know me will attest is a pretty rare feat indeed! Bit of a kick in the head...

Feck it! Rant over... 😄. Onwards and upwards as they say! Mallorca next spring anyone? I’m going 100% barring the dreaded Q word. And of course ‘Cyclechat ventoux attack’ next summer has one more place left in the main accommodation (more accommodation is available).

Norry1

Legendary Member
I hadn’t seen that Andy.

Myself and @berty bassett actually had a trip to girona already booked up when I posed that question a week or so back. It was that one of the guys was getting cold feet at the prospect of the 2 week quarantine coming back from Spain, so I thought I’d look at other options. In the end we decided to persevere with girona (all of us were prepared to self isolate on our return and the Covid count was comparable to southern Uk at that point. Unfortunately the situation in Catalonia has got worse and two days ago they announced the closure of bars and restaurants. That was the moment we had to admit defeat. I’m gutted really. Gutted for both of us. Which sounds stupid saying out loud because the situation is much more important than a bike trip, and we knew it was always a real possibility when we booked. But both lee and me have been pretty focussed the last few months on getting ourselves in the best shape possible. I’ve not had a drop of alcohol last two weeks, which anyone who know me will attest is a pretty rare feat indeed! Bit of a kick in the head...

Feck it! Rant over... 😄. Onwards and upwards as they say! Mallorca next spring anyone? I’m going 100% barring the dreaded Q word. And of course ‘Cyclechat ventoux attack’ next summer has one more place left in the main accommodation (more accommodation is available).

I'd probably be up for Mallorca in Spring :okay:

mjd1988

Guru

View: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wtrlzwiftracingleague/permalink/777992916318732/

Results hopefully out today?

I'm going to try and do the team irl race tonight at 7 if anyone's interested. Casse pattes course which is similar to the one we will be doing on Tuesday only with a bigger hill at the end

Edit; looks like results are out https://wtrl.racing/zrl/ZRL-results.php

Screenshot_20201016-100012.png

Screenshot_20201016-100023.png

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'm going to try and do the team irl race tonight at 7 if anyone's interested. Casse pattes course which is similar to the one we will be doing on Tuesday only with a bigger hill at the end
Not me, sorry. Wife was admitted to local hospice earlier this week so I'm getting home late in evening after visiting. Trying to get some riding in first thing in morning .... which is a shock to the system :B) My body does not like morning rides :surrender:

Top Bottom